“i wouldnt stay anywhere else when i visit SA again !”

Travelodge Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #84 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Candia, New Hampshire
“i wouldnt stay anywhere else when i visit SA again !”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I booked on line 2 months ago, from NH, went to AF graduation with my 88 year old mother, she and a brother had driven in from Scottsdale. When I arrived I was given a very nice spacious suite, a lot larger - nicer than I had expected.
Once my mom got there she had a difficult time getting up the 2 steps. I went to the desk to see if there was any way to get a handicap unit or if ramps were available ... not only did they have compassion for my mom, but they found us a unit with a ramp as well as the needed accessories within the unit, and gave it to us a no extra cost
The studio was very inviting, clean, and has to be one of the nicest places that I have stayed in. The grounds were kept up, the pool and hot tubs were great !
The photos don't do it justice. !

Room Tip: I cant see any room's not being a good room!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alethea H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tahlequah, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This is more like a mini cottage than a hotel room. It was very spacious, including a living room with couch, chairs, desk, and tv, a mini kitchen with 2 burner stove, and a bedroom area with tv. The beds and towels were clean, but I will say the carpet was pretty dirty. Don't stay at this hotel with a conventional hotel design in mind. It is rough around the edges, but it makes up for it with space and character. The pool is beautiful and includes a kid section and hot tub. We walked out of our little mini cottage onto a wooden porch that overlooked the hotels park. The kids loved the extra room for sure.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room that faces the park and pool area.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HeatherBecker
Denton, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My first impression when I pulled in was that this seemed like a neat place. Huge oak trees that gives it a real country feel. The man at the front desk was helpful and told us of the "continental" breakfast. This is were it took the downfall. When we got into the room it was filthy. The carpet was really dirty and had stains. The areas above the stove and above the commode appeared as if they never had been wiped down. I found several dead bugs including one under the sheets. I found one live bug in the shower.

At breakfast we decided to go to the continental breakfast which consists of your choice of either cereal or toast and juice or coffee. We decided to go else where and wanted to talk to the desk clerk to get directions to somewhere else for breakfast. Another man who was ahead of us was trying to get his money back and was complaining about how bad the rooms are to the desk clerk. We decided to just leave.

If your looking for a cheap place to stay this would be a last resort. The bed was comfortable and it was quiet but no one should be subjected to that much filth.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
San Antonio
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This place was FILTHY and disgusting!!!! The carpet was so dirty it turned my socks totally black. There was water leaking from the back of commode and the floor and rug were soppinng wet. The tub and sink were so dirty and there was a foreing substance dripping down the walls in the shower. Only had one pillow case on pillow and they smelled bad. The "so called" breakfast was dry cereal and old bagles from the day before. Will NEVER stay in this god awful place again.

Room Tip: My tip: Would be happier sleeping in my car.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
San Ignacio, Belize
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is a nice family place. We've stayed here on Christmas shopping trips to San Antonio and aside from the weather we've never had a complaint. After a long day standing in lines and struggling through the clogged arteries of shopping malls it's nice to get back and unload and find there's still plenty of room to move about comfortably. The room was quiet and warm despite inclement weather, and it's not far to a reasonably good restaurant or an HEB to stock up on finger food. And it's nice to park in front of your room, too.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The room I was in needed a deep "Spring" cleaning it wasn't filthy though. I have bad allergies and dust makes me sneeze I unfortunately sneezed a lot during my stay. The staff is fantastic!! Loved the playground and the pool!!! I Will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on my last two (2) visits to San Antonio and love the scenery and quietness of this hotel. Love the kitchenette units and the staff is VERY friendly. I did have my car broken into on one visit where a GPS was stolen but mainly my fault for not locking the car door. I love the outdoor front patio at every unit (great for smokers). Pool is inviting and a good breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Outdoor front patio at every unit is great for smokers.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business