“Desk Staff Awesome, Room - Not so Awesome”

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall
Ranked #99 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Moved here for the last night in San Antonio to catch an early flight. Front desk staff was a pure professional as she dealt with over 10 people checking in at once. Unfortunately, there was a mix up with our room which required another 30 minutes to sort out. The room was adequate but the 2nd floor is a bit run down, and we all thought the room smelled like urine. Because it took so long to get into a room with two beds, we decided not to try to switch rooms. Close proximity to restaurant (Pappadeaux) and the airport made this an alright alternative, but I don't think I would stay again. Laura at the desk was AMAZING!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 3boyz3Madison
Joseph_Pedraza, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry to hear about the mix up at the desk. We have taken your comments into consideration and our housekeeping staff is addressing it. We would love to have you come back and allow us to redeem ourselves. I will share this with the Front Desk. Laura is a valued member of our staff! Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here for 2 days with my husband and child. Its our first real vacation to seaworld, and this place is a great place if you're looking for a great night sleep!
The sort of old woman that work the breakfast area was GREAT! She was so nice to help me bag my breakfast to go upstairs. She greet me and said hello. She was a great. We were greeted the moment we came in. The beds are double size, and I have no problem with it. It was comfortable.
I would stay here again! I opted out room service and spa so I am just going to rate it average.
Overall, this place was awesome! everyone was nice and sweet! the cookies are delicious!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tazimi

Thank you so much! We enjoy having families stay with us. It truly is the staff that sets us apart from other hotels. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope to see you on your next visit to San Antonio!

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight out of the airport, mainly based on Trip Advisor reviews and proximity to the airport. It was very clean and comfy. The room was huge. We got a good night's sleep. It is in a very busy area, and being from VA, I find the TX frontage road/loop business hard to get a handle on, so finding dinner after checking in was a bit of a challenge for me. There is a restaurant within walking distance, but it s a New Orleans-style place with mostly seafood and my husband wasn't up for that. The main complaint I have is that our flight was so early that we had to check out of the hotel before 6am, which is when the continental breakfast began. The do have coffee in the rooms and there is coffee in the lobby 24-7. When we checked in we asked if there would be any food out for folks checking out early, and the woman who check us out said the breakfast wouldn't be out, but that there would be a few things we "could grab and go" with. However there was nothing when we left. We ended up flying out on empty stomachs (no time to grab food in the airport, and no food on the plane). We had our first meal of the day at the Atlanta airport during our 45min layover. I would expect that a hotel situated so close to the airport would start their breakfast early enough to accommodate the people leaving to catch early-morning flights, or that they really would at least start putting out grab-and go foods at 5am. If we had not been assured at check-in that there would be something to grab, we would have purchased breakfast foods the night before to prepare in our room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica B
Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear that you had a good night's sleep during your stay with us. I apologize that our only option to help you make your early flight was to call a cab. We make sure to list our shuttle service schedule on our website as well as verbally stating it during the reservation process via telephone. Our breakfast items are always stocked and the front desk should have been able to access any of those items for you. In an effort to accommodate early morning departures, we will now place a basket of fresh fruit at the front desk for our guests to grab during check out. Thank you so much for staying with us! We look forward to having you come stay with us on your next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Great place to stay,beds and pillows are really comfortable.Traffic is bad trying to get in here,but where isnt traffic bad here.It didnt help that it poured down rain while I was there.They have the best brownies and cookies given coplimentary when check in yummy.lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.also close to airport.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

Thank you for your positive review! Many of our guests feel the same about our freshly baked cookies at check in. We are very please to hear that you enjoyed them. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Antonio.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I travel infrequently, and recently had the opportunity to stay at this Fairfield Inn location. To my surprise, my room was ready when I checked in during the early afternoon prior to heading out for a full afternoon of work. Hours later, I returned to a clean, fresh room, ready to crash. The air conditioning had been adjusted to a comfortable temperature, and I enjoyed a bottled tea over fresh ice cubes.
What a restful night! I awoke feeling rested, amazed that the surroundings were centrally located and yet so quiet. Many thanks to Carla and her friendly staff for their five star service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and will make sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of the staff. We enjoyed having you, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and its always great. The staff is awesome and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Location is perfect. I enjoy breakfast with the Jimmy Dean sandwiches.

• Stayed: May 2012
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind words. We strive to be the best in service! I will be sharing your comments with the staff. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in San Antonio!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Nice, semi-upscale hotel, near the airport, with a shuttle. Restaurants within walking distance. No truck parking. Comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how your stay was. We enjoy hearing back from our guests, and use this interaction as a way to imporove. If there is anything that we can do to further assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks!