Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall
Ranked #102 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Sometimes you stay at a hotel and the staff are nice, but the room is badly kept. Sometimes your stay is the opposite,but from our stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites we got both ,nice people from the front dest to the people that take care of the rooms.Clean room, good morning and smiles all day. Thank you Heather Harmon, Mary Helen and Judy for a great stay . LoL

Room Tip: Go Fairfield Inn & Suites, San Antonio , North Star
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nat o
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

We are very excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with Heather Harmon, Mary Helen and Judy. As usual, they are very happy that they were able to help you enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in San Antonio.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I visit and stay at this hotel every 6-9 weeks. The staff treats me as an old friend, from the moment I check in to breakfast, and check out. As you travel it is nice to be reminded that you are not just a number.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jwwkcmo
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I fly to Cancun annually, and have found that flying out of San Antonio rather than Austin, where I live, is faster and more economical. Heather and Jim are so welcoming that it's almost like visiting old friends! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Fairfield Inn by the airport to anyone flying in/out of SA. Good value for the money. All the other reviews echo my thoughts as well.

Room Tip: I prefer a higher floor because it is generally quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hol13pal
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Very friendly place. Arrived before noon, but my room was ready, no problem.

Unlike many of the properties along the service roads of I-410, this one is set back from the highway, so I didn't hear any traffic. Didn't hear any planes, either. In fact, the property is very quiet.

Got a suite, which was worth the extra money. It's really one large room, but the front part had a sofa, coffee table and TV, and then the bedroom area had its own TV.

Bed was comfy. Pillows OK. Plenty of hot water and water pressure. Mini-fridge was handy. Decent selection on TV. Laundry on the 2nd floor: 75-cents each to wash and dry; ask for free Tide and Bounce at front desk.

Only went to the breakfast once, but it was kept stocked and had all the usual suspects. The make-your-own waffle crowd will be giddy with two machines.

I had to go downtown, but the #5 bus is a short walk away by the mall and then a 30-minute ride. As long as the weather isn't bad it's fine. The mall is very nice, too.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend or return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HonestReviewForU
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Upon arrival we were welcomed and once we were in our room - Heather called to make sure we were happy with our room - yes we were and the extra call was very attentive touch. We could walk to many near by restaurants. We relaxed in the jacuzzi - which we had all to ourselves at that time. We very much enjoyed our stay. The breakfast host was super sweet - as were the rest of the staff.. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Everyone staff person was pleasantly engaging. This was my third different hotel stay in as many nights and I was made to feel welcome and valued at every turn. The lady at breakfast made my Texas shaped waffle and brought it to my table. The staff had carved pumpkins and had visitors vote on the best design. This was a nice homey touch.

With a little updating in the lobby and a larger desk in the room this could be my home away from home when visiting San Antonio.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

As a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member, I stay at Marriott properties a lot, so obviously I mostly like them. This location has standard Fairfield Inn quality, a decent breakfast, and a very friendly staff. All was good, until I asked about the shuttle schedule for Sunday morning. I was told 'the shuttle only runs Monday through Friday, I can call you a taxi.' Not acceptable! The hotel's web site says, and this is a copy and paste of everything they have about the shuttle service: "Airport shuttle service, on request, complimentary. Shuttle Phone: 1 210 530 9899." I now have an extra $20 cost to get to the airport that I was not planning for by staying here--since the web site makes no mention of the limited shuttle service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business