“Spring break vacation”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Spring break vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My family and I stayed at your hotel March 10th through the 12th during our spring break to visit sea world. The room and service was very good. I just wanted to mention how impressed my family and I was with the service and tireless work your employee, Mary Helen. Needless to say, the hotel was very busy during this week and the dining room was very busy. Mary Helen was the only employee working at keeping the coffee, food, waffles, and other food items replenished. She never displayed a negative attitude or frustration most would have given the same situation. Please convey our appreciation and gratitude for a job well done.

Your management might consider adding another to the dining/kitchen staff on weeks or days the hotel is expected to be at full capacity.

Benjamin Woodruff and family.
Dallas Texas

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to spend your Spring Break with us! I am glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your comments with Mary Helen about the breakfast service, and we will be adding another person for sold out nights to help with the flow in the breakfast area. Thank you so much for your feed back. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the San Antonio area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Good Hotel, Great Value, trip from Houston for Spring Break, The hotel is a little old, BUT was very clean no smells in the room, BUT the walls are kinda thin, you could hear conversations in the next room over, but that may have been fueled by late night partying, BREAKFAST was a nice added value not your average continental breakfast, a good variety, even HOME made waffles, MARY HELEN is a true angel from above, she is very customer oriented, she goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is served, while maintaining the breakfast area. I would stay here again for any trips to San Antonio.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us! We work very hard to ensure that each guest enjoys their stay with us and it sounds like we were successful with you. I will make sure to pass along your thanks to Mary Helen and the rest of the team. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weekend nights in Feburary. Our room was very clean and included a small refrigerator. The staff was friendly and helpful even on the 1st night when the hotel was completely sold out. There are many restaurants and stores within 1 mile of the hotel. It's only a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel to the Riverwalk and Downtown. We highly recommend this hotel if you are travelling to San Antonio on a budget.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in San Antonio!
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I needed a hotel close to the airport with shuttle service and this fit the bill. Rooms are a little old but really they have everything you need. It was clean, has a refrigerator, microwave and a seating area separate from the bed. The service was friendly and prompt from check in to calling for the shuttle the next morning. They also came through with a corkscrew and free water when we needed it. Faced with the same situation, I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We understand that our hotel is a little older, and we are looking forward to the renovation that is scheduled for early 2015. We are glad that we were able to satisfy your needs while you were here. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in San Antonio!
TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

...for both the weather & my stay.

It's an older property, so it shows its age here and there. There have been some upgrades, but there's only so much you can do within the existing walls.

A few misses: the north stairwell had an unpleasant odor. A high-pitch noise from inside the wall was annoying. Not sure if it was plumbing, pool, or HVAC related? The elevator was as slow as molasses.

Breakfast service attention unlike you'll experience even at full-service restaurants. Gets crowded easily in a small area.

Pricing is appropriate, and there are nearby restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GM_FFIS_SA_AIR, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank your for reviewing our hotel. We take all feedback seriously, and will work to investigate the issues that you encountered during your stay to ensure that they do not happen again. I am not sure what the odor was unless you were here during the painting of the stairwells. I will also have our maintenance person look into the noise you mentioned. I apologize about the elevator being slow. With the number of people in the hotel, that does sometimes happen. I hope that you will come back and give us another opportunity to WOW you if your travels bring you back to San Antonio.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

The Good - I have stayed at dozens and dozens of Marriott properties. I have never come across great service like exhibited by Mary Helen at breakfast. Even though this was a Fairfield, her level of service was far above even what I encounter in the concierge lounges in full service Marriott's.
As a business traveler I eat breakfast quickly. During my 15 minutes I saw Mary Helen make a giant pot of coffee, provide every person napkins and plastic-ware, make three waffles for patrons while they waited, bring everyone a water. They should put in a glass window and have Marriott staff come and get trained by watching her. All that with a smile while asking if you need anything. No wonder I saw several guests hug her hello and good by... in 15 minutes.

The Bad - This hotel is weary and worn. The lobby furniture is stained and everything else is correspondingly dirty. Chair in my room had remnants of a pee stain. Love seat had one cushion backwards, was afraid to touch based on what I saw on the exposed side, who knows what was lurking on the other side. Towels had stains, pillow cushions stained. If I wasn't dog tired and only staying one night I would have went somewhere else.

Would not stay again unless it is refurbished.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I have received the comments from your stay with us, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced of felt during your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your experience here as we will use it as feedback to improve our service.

I understand that our hotel is in need of some updating, and we are in the process of scheduling a renovation in the beginning of 2015. This does not however excuse any of the cleanliness issues that you mentioned in your review. I will be addressing these issues with our housekeeping staff. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to assist you. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I am a Marriott Elite member and I would not stay at any other Hotel in San Antonio Tx because it is so convenient to everything you need.They have a great staff at the front desk and Mary that prepares breakfast is so sweet.And your surroundings have great restaurants and of course the North Star Mall...I will always go back and stay at the Fairfield Inn!

Room Tip: Corner Suites are very quite