Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall
Ranked #106 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My stay at this courtyard was pretty good,I must say the location was great it was really near everything you needed..The staff member at check in she was fantastic,very professional and very nice.I stayed here because I drove down to watch my nc tarheels play in the ncaa tourney,not to far from the at#t center..great staff great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Kirk A, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time write a review on your experience with us. We appreciate your kind words and hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am a Marriott Gold Elite member. Major issues with first room I stayed where the window wouldn't close completely and I could hear every plane landing and when the wind began blowing, a whistling sound could be heard. When I complained about the room, the front desk person told me to close the curtains so I wouldn't hear the whistling. Then she told me to close the window harder. The staffing at the front desk is seriously lacking when I walked up to get some water bottles and knocked on the counter, nobody showed up to acknowledge me so I could let them know about the waters. I had to go back down to let them know so they would charge it to room. The room was in a bad condition. The drawers were scratched up. There were no feather pillows as I request on all my stays at Marriotts. The shower area was old and needs major renovation. When I took a shower, the fire alarm went off so I had to jump out. A staff member carrying towels knocked on my door and I was barely dressed. She told me the fire alarms are very sensitive. The reason why was because I had to keep my window closed for the sound of planes and the steam had started the alarm. I changed my room the next day to another in the same hotel. This room was just as old. In the middle of the day, the whole room began to vibrate. I called the front desk and the maintenance man came to the door. We asked if we are above the laundry room and he said yes and that is why the room is vibrating. The vibration stopped but I was very disappointed again. Many of the TV channels had bad reception. Overall, this Marriott needs to be renovated and higher more staff. I compare this hotel to a Motel 6 level.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank nitpicky-traveler1
Kirk A, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

You indicated a number of items in your response that were unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet yours or our own expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I would certainly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience over the phone and come to a resolution in an effort to regain your trust in our brand and property. Please fell free to reach out to me at the phone number below at your convenience.

Courtyard San Antonio Airport / North Star
kirk.anderson@whitelodging.com
210-530-9881

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed for 4 days/3 nights at the Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio Airport. The staff was courteous and committed to good service. They recommended good restaurants and helped us maximize services of the shuttle drivers. We were able to make good connections to the public transportation from the hotel. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 February 2014

No complaints whatsoever. Was very happy with my choice! Visited my son who lives maybe 5 miles away. Too bad he will be moving back to Houston soon or I would be staying there again in the future. Anyhow, was one of the nicest, cleanest and most pleasant hotels that I have ever stayed in. The band at the Pappadeaux's Restaurant across the parking lot was not that great. But that was not the fault of the hotel. I couldn't figure out what kind of music they were playing. Ha! My parents used to always stay in Courtyard Marriots when they traveled. Loved the way the sheets smelled!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Everything was great, I will use this hotel again when I need to be in the San Antonio area. I was in town for my daughters college games and this was an easy stay within 5 min from airport, close to mall and many many places to eat. free parking and shuttle. Friendly staff, clean room and comfortable bed!!!! Also I was impressed with the fact that I did not have any strange charges on my card after check out which now seems to be the norm with many hotels- not having to call after my stay to try to figure out what is going really made me happy - sad to say.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

This location had very helpful and friendly employees, clean rooms, and fresh, healthy food at the Bistro. The lobby is really comfortable and genuinely a nice place to hang out or work. Overall it was a great place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed one night after arriving in San Antonio after a long haul from Europe. Just needed a relatively inexpensive place to sleep before moving into a more expensive downtown hotel the next day. Phoned for the courtesy shuttle which arrived after about 20 min and was at the hotel 5 min later. Very pleasant frontdesk staff checked me in and was in room a few minutes later. Typical older Courtyard room with wall mounted external A/C unit. Room was Ok size and clean, bed was comfortable and i was asleep within minutes. Next morning, walked a couple hundred yards to NorthStar Mall to have breakfast in food court before taking a taxi downtown. The advantages: close to aiport and inexpensive compared to Downtown hotels. Disadvantages: not Downtown if staying for longer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business