“Rooms Small Not Well Equipped Clean Staff Very Friendly” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall

Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall
Ranked #120 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Paris, France
“Rooms Small Not Well Equipped Clean Staff Very Friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very friendly staff. Rooms are very small and not well equipped. There are many locations in the area that offer much bigger rooms, with seating arrangements for at least a couple of people. The rooms are equipped with microwave and refrigerator. Also breakfast is furnished with the room. You have to pay about $9.00 per person for a couple of eggs, bacon & toast. Plus whatever you want to drink. Breakfast is ok but no better than most that are furnished by other chains. This property was very clean (above average) and staff was above average. Being clean and good staff rates this a 3 star location otherwise it would be 2 star.

Room Tip: Rooms or at least the one I had was very small. It did not have refrigerator or microwave. There wa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kirk A, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time write a review on your experience with us. We appreciate your constructive feedback and addressing the concerns you have brought to light. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Kirk Anderson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saltillo, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel is new or remodeled, room was in really good shape.
Frontdesk personnel had a great attitude.
The only thing we did not enjoy was breakfast, we were expecting it included and the option was not there, neither were we told in advance. Other than that great hotel and would come back.
Location is of the best, here you stay near the airport, dining places and shopping centers.
Great for businees or shopping, families could find better choices.

Room Tip: try to get a room the opposite side to the 410 loop, just in case you have a fragile sleep :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time write a review on your experience with us. We appreciate your kind words and hope to serve you again in the near future.

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at many Marriott facilities throughout the country, and have stayed at this location in the past. This last stay, however, was not good. The room I was first given on the 4th floor did not have any curtains, only the room darkening vinyl curtains. I requested another room on the same floor, but with curtains. The front desk clerk was not very friendly, but did assign me another room. The 2nd room had the same problem, no curtains! In addition, smelled terrible!
There must have been a smoker in the room previously, and I could not get the smell to lessen during my stay. The mattress was also a problem; they definitely need to be replaced.

I would not recommend this Courtyard location to anyone at this time.

Room Tip: Look for a newer facility before booking this Courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank nab800
Kirk A, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello,

Thank you for providing your honest feedback. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you mentioned in your review. We take great pride in ensuring our guests are 100% satisfied when leaving the hotel and to hear we fell short for your stay is completely unacceptable. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you in person, in an effort to come to a resolution and restore your faith in our hotel. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience.

Kind regards,

T 210 530 9881
F 210 530 0873
Winton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My experience at the hotel was very pleasant. Staff were very friendly and eager to help with any cause. The rooms were very quite and very well maintained for my week stay. The hotel was located in a prime location in the San Antonio area which provided great shopping, the local movie
theatre and great eating establishments. While at the hotel, a barbecue was provided free of charge for all guest which was a great highlight of the trip.

Room Tip: THE ROOMS WERE VERY COMFORTABLE AND QUITE. To make your stay more comfortable, you should pick a roo...
Green Features: The hotel used a good practice in conserving water by replacing towels only when needed. This helps in conserving water for the hotel and the local area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tgainer

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Made reservation and put on company credit card online. Arrived at 8:00PM and was told they overbooked and I needed to move to a Holiday Inn. Refused to do that due to high crime area. They eventually gave me a room but didn't get King Bed I paid for. Drank an $11.00 glass of wine and went to bed. Paid for breakfast with my room and had good breakfast but they didn't have orange juice or bananas available. No orange juice? Come on man!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kirk A, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback on your most recent stay with us. Our goal is always to deliver 100% satisfaction to every guest and to hear we did not do so during your last visit is quite regrettable. I will be certain to use your feedback to address the issues you encoutered in an effort to improve our quality of service. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further, as I would certainly appreciate the opportunity to change your perception of our standard of service.

Kind Regards,

Courtyard by Marriott
San Antonio Airport/Northstar
T 210 530 9881
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My stay at this courtyard was pretty good,I must say the location was great it was really near everything you needed..The staff member at check in she was fantastic,very professional and very nice.I stayed here because I drove down to watch my nc tarheels play in the ncaa tourney,not to far from the at#t center..great staff great hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am a Marriott Gold Elite member. Major issues with first room I stayed where the window wouldn't close completely and I could hear every plane landing and when the wind began blowing, a whistling sound could be heard. When I complained about the room, the front desk person told me to close the curtains so I wouldn't hear the whistling. Then she told me to close the window harder. The staffing at the front desk is seriously lacking when I walked up to get some water bottles and knocked on the counter, nobody showed up to acknowledge me so I could let them know about the waters. I had to go back down to let them know so they would charge it to room. The room was in a bad condition. The drawers were scratched up. There were no feather pillows as I request on all my stays at Marriotts. The shower area was old and needs major renovation. When I took a shower, the fire alarm went off so I had to jump out. A staff member carrying towels knocked on my door and I was barely dressed. She told me the fire alarms are very sensitive. The reason why was because I had to keep my window closed for the sound of planes and the steam had started the alarm. I changed my room the next day to another in the same hotel. This room was just as old. In the middle of the day, the whole room began to vibrate. I called the front desk and the maintenance man came to the door. We asked if we are above the laundry room and he said yes and that is why the room is vibrating. The vibration stopped but I was very disappointed again. Many of the TV channels had bad reception. Overall, this Marriott needs to be renovated and higher more staff. I compare this hotel to a Motel 6 level.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank nitpicky-traveler1
Kirk A, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

You indicated a number of items in your response that were unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet yours or our own expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I would certainly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience over the phone and come to a resolution in an effort to regain your trust in our brand and property. Please fell free to reach out to me at the phone number below at your convenience.

Courtyard San Antonio Airport / North Star