“Fantastic!”

La Cantera Resort & Spa
Ranked #24 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful resort with great rooms & beautiful grounds. We had a deluxe double room that was very roomy and a balcony with hill views including beautiful golf course views. The view was gorgeous & grounds beautifully manicured. The hotel lobby was very nice as well s the pools. We also loved the nightly s'mores that you make yourself in wood burning pit, poolside.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
yborrego, Public Relations Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review of your recent stay at La Cantera Hill Country Resort. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our nightly s'mores activity and the view of the Texas Hill Country from your balcony. I hope to welcome you back very soon as a return guest to our property.

yborrego@destinationhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

WOW ! Beautiful resort! We were welcomed after a long Friday afternoon drive in traffic. They not only showed us our room but told us about the 24 hour adult pool and spa. It was fabulous! Drinks were brought pool side and the service was excellent. Rooms were spotless and bed was comfortable. Mini bar was a plus..snacks and drinks on hand. We ventured out to the river walk the next day... valet was quick and greeted us by name. We ordered room service later that night and the food from the pool side grill was great. Housekeeping was very friendly and cleaned our room beyond our expectations. Yes there were kids and families but its a family resort... every employee had a smile and greeted us. Our stay was a weekend get away for two and so worth it! Excellent views and customer service!! Great stay!! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I appreciate the 5 star review and amazing comments about your recent stay at La Cantera Hill Country Resort! I was especially thrilled to read your glowing comments about our wonderful staff. We are humbled by the amazing people that make this property memorable.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back as a return guest soon.

Euless, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

the room was wonderful.. double sinks, bathtub with shower, and also another connecting shower. definitely a family hotel though, really geared to the proximity to fiesta Texas.

MY BIGGEST GRIPE: How can you have 6 pools, an none of them are over 4 feet deep?!?!?!?

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our property. I hope you will be able to visit our resort once again following our upcoming transformation project to experience the many enhancements, including the resort pools, first hand.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel two times before over 10 yrs ago. It was fantastic! This time..not so much! For starters- I reserved a room with two queen beds..we were booked into a room with 2 double beds, no fridge..the bathroom had pee in the toilet and the beds were made with WOOL BLANKETS ON TOP OF THE SHEETS!!! It's 105 degrees outside and the beds are made like its winter! Second- the bathtub faucet does not shut off, and the light fixture by the bed is broken on the left side. Beyond disappointing. The room isn't worth 150$ a night! Must less 300$! Next, went down to have breakfast on the first morning at the little coffee shop...the 'chef' had NO GLOVES ON and was wiping his nose and handling the food!!! UTTERLY REPULSIVE!!! Weston wouldn't put up with this for 3 seconds!! This place is a disaster. No wonder Weston unloaded it. It is now 10:51 pm...I orderd a bowl of cereal through room service at 9:50..cereal still not here. Will never stay here again. Really unfortunate, use to love this place!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank AshleyBucco
yborrego, Public Relations Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Ashley,

I would like to thank you for your repeat business and apologize for your experience. The details that you described are not our standard and I welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly and personally apologize. My contact information is listed below. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn your trust and valued business back.

Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Don't waste your money. This should be a fabulous place to stay but, the room was not clean, service was poor and way overpriced. It is in a perect location for shopping but grounds are not that well cared for and rooms need updating.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank westexasnurse
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your recent stay at our property. We strive to provide a memorable and enjoyable stay at our property and it is clear that this is not what you experienced. Your review has been shared with our resort leadership for review and I welcome the opportunity to speak with you in more detail to learn how we can earn a repeat visit from you.

As you may have heard, we are planning an extensive transformation that will be starting later this year that will enhance almost every part of the property. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back so that you can experience the resort's transformation first hand.

Falcon, Colorado
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I were very excited to come here for a nice relaxing couple of days. My husband had been here before and played golf. He kept telling me what a nice place this was on our way here so needless to say I had high expectations of a wonderful stay. Everything was great, we arrived about an hour before check in time and they told me they had a room ready. I was pleasantly surprised that we did not have to wait like you do at other places. The room was nice, but I had requested a fan and it was not here, so I asked the front desk and they sent one up. No big deal since we checked in early. The next morning, my husband went to the market store to buy toothpaste and there was none for sale. I told him that the booklet that listed amenities said they have complimentary toothpaste and that I had forgotten my curling iron which is also listed, that they will loan. I went to the front desk and asked for these items and they had housekeeping bring me toothpaste, but looked at me like I was an alien asking for a curling iron. We left for the day. When we returned to our room after 6:00PM it had not been cleaned yet. I went down to the spa and my husband went to the pool side bar. When we came back over an hour later, housekeeping had come in, they "kinda" made the bed, (the covers were not even straight), picked up the towels on the floor in the bathroom and replaced some of them and that was it. Did not replace the coffee, give new coffee cups, nor empty the trash. I stopped at the front desk to tell them about housekeeping and to let them know that we were not able to get into the mini bar (it was locked and there was no key). The girl there just said "ok", I will call the supervisor and let them know. She had no apology for any troubles we had and appeared to not really care. I would be willing to bet she never told anyone. Not so sure we will be staying here again. We spent over $600.00 for two nights and there are other places that our money would have gone much further.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cfondie
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at our property and taking the time to speak with me on the phone this week. Once again, I apologize for your experience and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to earn you business and trust back again.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is no longer a Westin, it is now run by horrible management and workers. book a American Express special , with upgrades and also was there new Destinations VIP program. Well we got no special treatment or upgrades. Room wasn't ready until after 6pm! We didn't even get the room that was promise by Richard. Ruin our son birthday ! said they would deliver cupcake which never showed! Room smelled of smoke! Still fighting over charges on our credit card. They gave us a room for 4 , with 2 double , the beds are so small they can't fit 2 adults . The bedding is so scratchy and the beds are hard.

Room Tip: Wait until Jan 2015 after everyone is trained and they are up and running.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank seenewthings
yborrego, Public Relations Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at our property and for being a return guest with us. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the resort for the multiple issues that you encountered. We strive to provide an enjoyable experience to each of our guests and it is clear that this is not what you encountered.

Our accounting department is working to correct your bill inaccuracies and will be in contact with you as soon as that is complete. I will also be contacting you directly to further discuss your experience. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn your business and trust back again.