“It use to be a great hotel before new management”

La Cantera Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We got there and my kids were very excited to get to the hotel at las Casitas which is expensive. Once arrived they lost my son's tempur-pedic pillow, called lost n found they never returned my call. Also, on bed medium size spiders (I jump off bed wow!!!). Rooms were not clean (a lot insects on floor as well as spider webs everywhere). Air condition too loud. At last I had it with room service when they knock to pick up the plates (the person was rude. Before when it was owned by Westin we had never experience anything like we did this time. It is a Great Resort but I was completely disappointed overall.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 09012014
yborrego, Public Relations Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the resort for the multiple issues that you encountered during your stay. I have passed along your comments to our resort leadership for review and I assure you that the issues you encountered in the Casita Village will be addressed. I am also in the process of following up with our security team about your missing pillow. If you can contact me back at 210-558-2263 or by email at yborrego@destinationhotels.com, I will be able to get more information on your lost item.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn your business back.

At your service,
Yolanda Borrego
La Cantera Hill Country Resort

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Spent two nights at this wonderful resort with our 2 grand daughters. Everything was more than expected. The staff was extremely friendly. Check in smooth, room clean & nicely furnished. The view from our balcony was so beautiful. Friday evening my granddaughter and I stood on the balcony for about 15 minutes and watched the sun gradually fade away. There are lots of activities for kids, some incurred an additional charge. They had a blast in the pool and enjoyed the movie under the stars on the lawn. My husband and I enjoyed the morning walk along the trail. Would love to go back soon! Only had a meal at pool side, the usual fare.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the 5 star review and taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay at our property. I am glad to hear that you and your granddaughters were able to enjoy a selection of our activities and take in the beautiful views of the Texas Hill Country sunset. We hope to welcome you and your family back for a repeat visit soon!

Yolanda Borrego
La Cantera Hill Country Resort

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was pleased with our choice of this hotel as it was good quality and in a good location just minutes away from Six Flaggs. It was clean and the beds were comfy - although double beds felt a little on the small side. We only had food in the hotel on one occasion - from the poolside bar and this was good for the type of food we were ordering.
The pool service was good and the drinks reasonably priced - the clean up service could have been better, there was not enough staff to clear away dirty plates and drink glasses. There was lots of activities for children if that is what you are looking for.
I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
yborrego, Public Relations Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Janet, Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We strive to provide a memorable and relaxing experience to each of our guests and I am glad that we were able to provide this to you. I appreciate you saying that you would return for a repeat visit and we look forward to welcoming you back for another hill country getaway very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

when we arrived, check in was a little rough. we did get there early (about 1) and had to wait about an hour for a room. we had been traveling for several hours with two very young children including an infant. I needed a place to breastfeed and when I asked if there was a private room I was told by the front desk I could go in the bathroom. That is not an acceptable response. You don't eat in the bathroom and neither does my baby. That is disgusting. I had to get a little curt with the woman who then went and got someone else who told me that I could go in the women's locker room. At that point I opted to just breastfeed in the lobby which was very uncomfortable for me (and probably others) since my baby will not eat under a cover. For a resort which clearly is family oriented I would have expected more.

Even after our room was ready we had to wait in a very long line to check in. The good part was that when we did get our room it was very, very nice. they even offered us a refrigerator for my breast milk. our room was a big corner room with two balconies. Very, very nice. almost made up for the earlier incident with checkin. Almost.

the rest of our stay until checkout was very nice. check out also involved a very long wait which was kind of a pain. they need to hire more front desk people. is particularly true because our stay was on a Sunday night Monday morning so it wasn't even like it was on a weekend or at a busy time. but otherwise I have very good things to say about the resort and will return. amenities were very luxurious. The room was private and quiet. the only other small complaint I have is that the fees and taxes were quite high. when combined with valet parking, we paid almost one hundred dollars in fees and taxes. another word our room was $159 and everything else brought the total to about $254. just be aware of this when you are booking and count on that extra money.

• Stayed: July 2014
yborrego, Public Relations Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay and for the generous 4 star rating. We strive to provide a relaxing and enjoyable experience to each of our guests and, with your feedback, I am able to see where we excelled and where we have room for improvement. I will be passing along your comments regarding your check in and check out experience to our resort leadership for review and I assure you these issues will be addressed. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn your business back for a return visit from you and your family.

At your service,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. Wonderful pools, hiking trail, rooms with view and a great staff. They offer a complementary shuttle to the shopping mall that is close by and my wife and girls loved that. Nice proximity to Fiesta Texas, view of the fireworks at night. We will be returning.

1  Thank longhornmiller

Thank you for the generous 4 star review of your recent family summer trip. I was glad to read that you enjoyed everything from our hiking trail and rooms to our shuttle service and outstanding staff. I am especially thrilled to know that you are planning to return and we look forward to welcoming you once again!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful resort with great rooms & beautiful grounds. We had a deluxe double room that was very roomy and a balcony with hill views including beautiful golf course views. The view was gorgeous & grounds beautifully manicured. The hotel lobby was very nice as well s the pools. We also loved the nightly s'mores that you make yourself in wood burning pit, poolside.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
yborrego, Public Relations Manager at La Cantera Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review of your recent stay at La Cantera Hill Country Resort. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our nightly s'mores activity and the view of the Texas Hill Country from your balcony. I hope to welcome you back very soon as a return guest to our property.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

WOW ! Beautiful resort! We were welcomed after a long Friday afternoon drive in traffic. They not only showed us our room but told us about the 24 hour adult pool and spa. It was fabulous! Drinks were brought pool side and the service was excellent. Rooms were spotless and bed was comfortable. Mini bar was a plus..snacks and drinks on hand. We ventured out to the river walk the next day... valet was quick and greeted us by name. We ordered room service later that night and the food from the pool side grill was great. Housekeeping was very friendly and cleaned our room beyond our expectations. Yes there were kids and families but its a family resort... every employee had a smile and greeted us. Our stay was a weekend get away for two and so worth it! Excellent views and customer service!! Great stay!! Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I appreciate the 5 star review and amazing comments about your recent stay at La Cantera Hill Country Resort! I was especially thrilled to read your glowing comments about our wonderful staff. We are humbled by the amazing people that make this property memorable.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back as a return guest soon.