“nice for the price”

Ranked #175 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio
“nice for the price”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

although we had a good experience with this hotel if we are ever in the San Antonio area again we would not stay here because of its location.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Sarah S, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Valued Geust,
We are not happy to hear that. We hope that you would reconsider since we do value every guest. Though we cannot move our location, maybe we can compensate - let us know what would be fair. Thank you for staying.

hojosalessa@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The staying at this hotel cost me $260.00 and for those $260.00 I got a room that smell like sewer, a burned carpet, a few roaches, dusty and sticky furniture, and a horrible attitude from the front desk person. Also the hotel is in horrible condition, is old and outdated, people take their dogs in and wile there is nothing wrong with a pet friendly hotel there were guest with dogs and this guess let their dog pee in the hall way, I informed two different font desk people about this and no one did anything about it I left and the hallway smell horrible and the stain was there. When I address my situation about the poor hygiene and the sewer smell in my room, the front desk clerk say she was going to take care of it, I was on vacation so I just ask her to call and let me know what we needed to do, I never got a call, when I got back to my room that night nothing was taken care, i spoke to a different person in the front desk and she tell me they were planing to move me to another room but I came back super late (I am sorry if I did not come back, I did not know I had to plan my vacation around your inconveniences). When I check out and the firs front desk agent (I know the name but I will not disclose it) whenever I was addressing my issues to the manager she interrupted when I say nobody call me the day before to informed me the situation of my room, her answer was, "like I say, I got really busy yesterday". I just couldn't believe the poor professionalism and the deplorable conditions of the facilities, bottom line this hotel was not worth $89 a night. I do not recommended this hotel to anyone. I also have pictures that I will love to post but the website is not allowing me post them, I guess is a good thing for the hotel, so they people wont see how nasty it was.

Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Super helpful and sweet desk staff. The breakfast was great, although ending at 9:30 was kinda not cool. The room was huge, it had 2 green beds and a sitting area with a couch and coffee table. It fit me, my mother in law, and 3 kids very nicely. It really felt like home. I loved the nice courtyard and wished it was warmer so we could use the pool. Im not sure what the nightly price was because I booked it through vacations made easy and it was a package deal with seaworld tickets. As a package deal though I was super impressed. They were fully booked but you would have never known. The gps wasn't a fan of the area so we did get lost and circle around a bit. I guess my only complaint would be that there wasn't an elevator. I would defiantly stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for being our guest at the Howard Johnson suites Central. We are always glad to hear from Guests who enjoyed their stay. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Antonio. We appreciate you taking the time to give us you positive feedback!

Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was in San Antonio for the Organo Gold Project 50K for a 3day weekend... Me and the whole group got a great "Group discount" on rooms. We will definetely come back to "Howard Johnson Inn and Suites" in San Antonio, TX. We received a great customer service and an every day morning breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good, but I'll definetely recommend any second floor room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you to the Entire OrganoGold Group that stayed with us this year! Your Group was more than pleasant- the ideal guests in my opinion. Thank you so much for the review. By the way we Loved your product! We look forward to seeing you guys and having you stay again!

SINCERELY,
210-738-1100
HOJOSALESSA@GMAIL.COM
San Antonio
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The room had a stale odor. There was a large stain in the carpet. The electric outlets were not fitted to the wall and only 2 worked,.the one with the tv at the end of the bed and one at the bedside The furniture was horrible, the Jacuzzi wall was hanging like it would fall into the tub. The mirror around the tub reflective mirror portion was peeled away. Chairs were torn and you SUNK to a 45 degree angle on the sofa like it would swallow you whole. The desk chair was stuck to the lowest position, great for a 4 yr old. We even found a black and mild cigars under the table and chair. Hows that for a clean room? we had I/3 of a roll of tissue in the restroom and no extra roll.. .Breakfast.. eggs were rationed as well as the sausage patty. I spoon of eggs and 1 patty. Guests asked for more but were told no. There was no milk in the pitcher in the fridge. this was 8:30 in the morning. We left and went to Denny's All this for $223 on Valentine's day. People could not get into their room. The people in Rm 114 were cursing and kicking their door trying to gain entry We figured the lock out... you had to pull UP on the door handle not push down on the lever. I told them on parting that the wall around the tub was coming off the wall. BEWARE of room 218..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah S, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for the feedback you have provided in your review. We are always looking for ways to improve. Please allow us to apologize for the inconvenience with your stay but please know we are currently remodeling our Jacuzzi suite for ultimate guest satisfaction. As for the breakfast, during a busy morning you can understand we replenished items as quickly as we can though it can be frustrating sometimes to have to wait, we ask for your patience and understanding. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the newly remodeled Jacuzzi room which we know you'll love!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was in San Antonio for a conference, and this Howard Johnson was a great place to stay. I will definitely come back again for my future visits. The staff was very friendly and the accommodations were excellent (Pool, Gym, Breakfast). The lobby is beautiful and the grounds are really well kept. Really a gem

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for being our Guest at the Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Thanks again!

Howard Johnson Suites Central