Hyatt Place San Antonio Northwest
US$174
US$168
US$165
US$160
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$139
  • Breakfast included
US$384
US$337
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$287
US$279
Travelocity
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
US$263
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewscounty linesea islandhot breakfast sandwichesmedical centerfree breakfastlarge tvsix flagsrestaurants within walking distanceyogurtwould recommend this hotel to anyoneeasy accessrooms were very cleanwould stay againexcellent stayhotel rooma great place to staycleaning staff
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Trying this hotel for the first time I didn't quite know what to expect. At the prices quoted I knew it wouldn't be a high-end type hotel like the Century Plaza in LA, but I was hoping to find the same high-standards of service and customer care. On arrival we were asked if we prefered a particular floor. I requested a front-facing room 3rd or 4th floor. There was loud music coming from a restaurant quite a bit down the road and I asked if it would be a problem in the room? I was told no, but if I didn't like the room or I could hear the music they would gladly change me to another room. On entering the room I was delighted with the lay-out, (suite-style). But when I pulled down the sheets of the bed I wasn't too happy with the fact that it had been made with the wrong sized sheets. I talked to the girl who booked me in and she promptly changed me to the room next door. Nothing was too much bother for her. I found the same problem in the second room, but decided it was late and would talk to them about it in the morning. Breakfast is served between 6:30 and 9:30 giving visitors plenty of time to eat. We got to the 'guest kitchen/dining-room' at 6:40 to find three skillets of freshly cooked breakfast choices, plenty of fresh fruit. yogurt, and around ten-toppings to choose from, porriage, breads, muffins, bagels, milks, juices, water, coffee, and teas. We tried a little of it all. DELICIOUS!

After breakfast I noticed the manager at his desk. I asked if I could speak to him and was told yes. I relayed my experience to him and he apologised and promised he would personally make sure the beds were remade properly. On our return to the room that night we found a beautiful platter of cheeses, a bottle of wine, and two wine glasses. I called reception thinking they'd been delivered to the wrong room, but was informed the manger had sent them up to us. I was blown-away by this kindness. The staff and management of this hotel are top-class. For this reason alone I'd become a repeat customer. But add in the beautiful hotel, super-sized comfy rooms, decent breakfast, gym, location/ease of getting on and off the expressway, and inexpensive costs and it's a no-brainer. By the way, I forgot to mention the towels. This is one hotel that does not scimp on towels; either the quality or the quantity. There were more thick fluffy bath, hand, and face towels than we could ever need and they were changed everyday. A huge plus in my book especially as so many hotels are now asking guests to limit their towel usage.

I have no hesitation in recommending this guest-friendly, beautiful, comfortable, hotel to anyone visiting the great city of San Antonio. I will most certainly be staying here again.

Room Tip: From my experience there are no bad rooms. I never heard the noise from the expressway or the band playing at the restaurant up the road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernadetteere
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Very clean place, beautiful rooms and wonderful staff and breakfast. This is my second time staying here and I would recommend this place to anyone. You can get it cheaper on expedia, I saved almost $50 by booking on expedia. Ok this almost 200 characters..

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Venny_Here_and_There
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Nice facility in a great location, breakfast was wonderful! So close to The Rim and all the shopping, will definitely stay here again. Easy to get to also. We stayed on the 4th floor but next time will stay on 5 or 6, this is just personal preference, I don't like to hear people walking on the floor above me.

Room Tip: Would recommend staying on the 5th floor to get away from any possible noise and it has an ice machine. We stayed on the 4th floor and it was a little inconvenient to have to go up to another floor to get ice. Elevators aren't very fast.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent...on that note there is a i hop close by :-) The room was clean, although the bathrooms were very tiny...you open the door and run into the toilet. The bar is also small.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

My husban picked this place for our anniversary. I thought it was beyond our means or needs but boy was I surprised. It is not a discount hotel but it was a good value. The rooms are splendid an big enough for four people! I am not accustomed to "luxury " so having my bags brought up was a real treat. A great experience overall.

• Stayed: September 2013