“Get what you pay for”

Ranked #224 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Get what you pay for”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location, the hotel has excellent staff, however; it is amazing that a hotel in this location can be as run down on the inside as it is. The hallways are dated, the rooms are dated, and they both smell musty and damp. I was away for a short vacation, but to imagine someone spending a week here, wow, that must be horrible.
The guests reflect the cheap pricing, as most of them are large families who could care less about others in the hotel. An example; Their was a woman talking loudly in the hallway outside of my room. I asked one woman to please talk a little softer, and she got louder. She said she was talking outside so she would not wake her kids. The next day, those kids were running in and out of the room why the two older ones were playing on the only elevator in the building. Also I was also lucky enough to have a room next to someone who brought their dog with them on vacation, but decided to leave it in their room. So I got a late night bark session louder than my television, and I got a great wake up call on my last day. Two hours earlier than I was planning to awaken, I got to be awoken by, "YAP, YAP, YAP....." So, my opinion, if you are a loud rowdy family, or plan to leave your lap dog in your room for your stay, by all means stay here...otherwise go somewhere else!

Room Tip: Can't give a tip for a good room, when these are so horribly dated, perhaps choose a room in ano...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Excellent customer service, ggreat staff,excellent spacious rooms, i highly recommend this hotel to my friends. Rooms are clean, spacious, well designed, staff is courteous, professional, i had a wonderful experience and i would recommend this hotel to all my friends

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tiger1224
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with out stay and hotel. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Cedar Hill, Missouri
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We recently stayed at this location during a basketball tournament. The staff was friendly, but there were several issues from the very beginning. The room was very dirty. The walls had markings and grease on them. The cabinets had leftover tortilla chips from a previous guest. Upper cabinets and lower drawers had grime that appeared to be from someone's dirty handprints. Dust bunnies were on the top of kitchen drawers. There appeared to be some type of pest between the oven and the kitchen counter. An empty bottle of massage oil was found near the edge of the bed. Hairs were all over the comforters. Our room was cleaned; however, after I complained. The hotel ran out of washcloths and I was told we had to wait about 2 to 3 hours for clean ones. My family has stayed in hotels all over the US and abroad and have never had such an experience. Our organization will return to San Antonio again next year, but we will never stay at this location ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sashagirl_13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room was unclean at check-in and that you had to wait for clean linens. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working together to develop action plans to improve our cleaning and laundry procedures which will ensure these types of situations do not happen again.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sac@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Crowley, Texas, USA
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I spent one night in San Antonio with my husband, two kids and mother-in-law. The room was perfect for us with two queen beds and a sofa bed. We all enjoyed a late night swim and the water was great! My only complaint is that the bathroom was not nearly as clean as it should have been. The toilet had been scrubbed, but not all the way around the rim. The floor was covered with hair, and when I took some tissue to try to gather it up and toss it in the trash, the tissue turned black from all the dirt. Had the bathroom been properly cleaned, I would have been fascinated with our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and late night swim. Still, I am sorry to hear that the level of cleanliness in your bathroom was not in line with our company's standards. In response to your feedback, I am going to coach our housekeeping staff on how to clean our guest areas better and work to improve their procedures moving forward.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please contact me, at sac@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Deer Park, Texas, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2013

From the moment my wife and I checked in Dennis made us feel right at home. We arrived the night of July 4th and he gave us a great recommendation on where to watch fireworks at. He was very helpful and explained everything in great detail. He even took the time to explain what GOESH stood for.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brad S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Brad - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff, especially Dennis. We are so glad that you and your Wife got to enjoy some 4th of July fireworks in the area!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Dennis was very friendly when I arrived. Excellent price - great room. I love staying at Extended Stay!
I love the dining bar area - very unique.
Location of the hotel was great because of the quietness in the area but also easy to access the highway and streets.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Paty - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our friendly staff, especially Dennis. As well, I am pleased that you liked your room and the dining bar area.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We only stayed one night but felt as comfortable as we do at home. Great hotel for an even better value. The location made it easy for us to get around with lots of places to eat in the area. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and had everything we needed. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Antonio - Colonnade, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location and friendly staff. As well, I am pleased that you liked your clean room and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer.