“Hidden Gem in San Antonio”

M-Star San Antonio SeaWorld
Ranked #237 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
sacramento, ca
“Hidden Gem in San Antonio”
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We stayed at this hotel during our family vacation to San Antonio. We picked this place based on affordabilty and location. I was very impressed when we got there! The rooms were newly remodeled and very clean. We felt the quality of the rooms were comparable to many of the higher star hotels we've stayed in the past. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Denton, Tx
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My daughter (20years old) and I stayed at the Econo Lodge Ingram Park for 2nights. This hotel had just gone thru renovation and was a great value for the money. New carpet, towels, fluffy pillows, marble vanity, new porcelain tub and marble shower. The room had microwave, fridge, in room safe and wireless internet. Only 5 miles from Sea World and across the street from the Ingram Park Mall. Hotel serves light breakfast of juice, coffee and muffins, but there are also several restaurants within just a few miles from the hotel, McDonalds, Wendy's as well as Olive Garden and Texas RoadHouse. Great value for the money. The parking area is very limited, but was never full when we came in even late at night.

Great value for the money!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Orlando,FL
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I stay here every time I travel to San Antonio it has big rooms that have all been remodeled, the staff is always friendly and I always feel safe staying here. If you are looking for a nice place to stay this is it. I also like the fact it has guest laundry facilites.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
dallas, tx
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Ingram in June 2009. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location is great, close to sea world, lots of restaurants, mall, and major highways. The rooms were updated with new carpets and furniture. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Washington
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Although this is an older property, it is impecably maintained, including many upgrades such as new carpets, bath fixtures with tubs, vanity, etc. According to management, new bedding and drapes are on the way shortly. Not only is management extremely courteous to guests, but the prices they offer are very reasonable, particularly considering the current economic times. They make a family trip to Fiesta Texas and Sea World do-able! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to a family with small children!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SonyasMommy
Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2009

My family stayed at this hotel for two nights during our fun weekend at SeaWorld in San Antonio. Let me tbegin by telling you our first impressions and PEOPLE...this is NO LIE!!!!: there were cheerios and cheetos under the nightstand by the bed and also under the tv stand. There were a pair of pink underwear under the armchair in our room peeking out under the chair. If that were NOT enough...I promise you - there was also one sock under the tv stand as well and a long black hair on the toilet seat!!! I would not lie about this!! I don't think our room got cleaned before we got there, but the beds were made and towels were stocked in the bathroom...??? I was utterly disgusted and will NEVER stay there again! All the sheets and towels we had had black stains on them too. And we had a room with two queen beds and 4 people, so why do they only give you 3 towels?? (That makes no sense.) When I sent my daughter to ask for another towel, she was told that she had to bring all the dirty towels back to him first before he could give her another towel! A similiar incident happened when my husband asked for an extra blanket, he was told that they did not have any more available (really? wow!). We would have left and found another hotel, but it was late at night when we arrived and we had an infant and did not feel like driving around looking for another hotel in the middle of the night. Thank God that my family brought flip flops to wear on our trip!!! If you stay at this hotel - DO NOT - go in your bare feet on their carpet. It is SO nasty!!!! And their "complimentary breakfast" only consists of juice and muffins that they layed out on a counter for you. Take my word for it people: YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank cjfrench0817
Econoingram, Manager at M-Star San Antonio SeaWorld, responded to this review, 8 June 2009
I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had when visiting our hotel in San Antonio Texas. I would also like to let you know about the following improvements that have taken place at our hotel since you were here. Today we are finishing the installation of new carpet in all of our guestrooms. We have re-painted each room. We have ordered new furniture, bedspreads, and window treatments for all rooms which should arrive and be installed by the end of July 2009. I do hope you will give us another chance to take care of your lodging needs in San Antonio.
Ridgeway, Virginia
Reviewed 12 April 2009

Though the outside and lobby look okay, the stairs gave us the first inkling that this was a very old property that may not be being properly maintained. When we checked out the room, our concerns were confirmed that cleanliness was not a priority either. It was a small dark room that smelt dirty, possibly of smoke. There were crumbs of some sort on the floor by the bed and up between the bed and the bedside table. My husband checked out the rest of the room quickly, deciding that this was not a good value for the price. We have stayed at many budget places and older properties and have found them to generally be a good deal if cleanliness is a priority and the management is friendly. Neither is the case here. For a comparative price, there is a Red Roof Inn, a La Quinta and a Ramada one exit down that are substantially better hotels. We left here and stayed at the Ramada, which was practically luxurious for $20 more (and that was a walk-in, last room in the inn price - could do better in advance).

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple