“I'd give it a zero if I could. I don't think I've ever...”

Days Inn San Antonio
Ranked #275 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnsanant0ni0tx, Webmaster at Days Inn San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Days Inn here at 9401 N I-35. I found the rooms to be spacious, clean, well maintained, and our customer service was great. Special thanks to Manager Jason who went out of his way to make sure we were well taken care of! Overall a great experience and great customer service! I've stayed at all the motels in this strip and area and this is the best and at a decent price! Recommended for either business travels or vacation! Thanks, Gerald B.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My fiancée and I had a wedding to attend in San Antonio so we booked a hotel that was close to the venue. Most of the nicer hotels were booked up, so we went with something "affordable" and close. The website quoted under $200 for 2 nights.

First impression upon arriving was that it was a sketchy hotel. The parking lot is somewhat in disrepair. The person at the front desk was decently nice and checked me in, giving me a choice of rooms.
The housekeeping woman was just leaving the room as he was assigning it so he saw the room was "ready" for us.

I parked and walked upstairs to it. Housekeeping left the door standing wide open, with the A/C off (it is summer in south Texas, so I'm sure that tells you how the room felt). I don't understand why she would leave the door wide open considering any old thug could just walk in and hide in the bathroom, waiting for the next person to check in and then rob them. I am glad I checked in ahead of my fiancée, as I'm sure she would have been very uncomfortable with the situation.

I walked in and flipped the light switch. Nothing happened. I went around and turned on all the lights and then went back to the switch and played with it. It apparently does absolutely nothing as no lights came on or off with its use. Even with all the lights in the room turned on, the room was very dark (probably done purposefully).
I had to double check that i had gotten a non-smoking room once i walked in because the smell of cigarettes was pretty strong. The bathroom is so small that you almost don't have enough room to stand in it and close the door. Also, even though the maid had just left, we had no towels. So I stopped by the front desk again to ask for towels (around 4pm). He asked if we wanted extra towels and I asked for 2 extras. We had not received them by the time we arrived home from the rehearsal dinner and post dinner activity (around 10:30pm).

The beds were decently comfortable, but definitely firm. The sheets looked like a polyester fabric and I wasn't too excited about using their pillows, so I was happy I had brought one from home.

My fiancée went in to use the bathroom after we got back from dinner and noticed that somone had put a "hygiene sticker" from a bikini or a pair of panties on the door, right where you would push it shut. No telling how many people had tried the garment on before the person who put it on the door finally bought it and took it to the hotel. It looked as if it had been there for quite a while and a few minor attempts had been made at removing it. rather disgusting...

The shower head was nice and the pressure was good, but the tub did not drain well, so by 2-3 minutes into the shower i was standing in about 1-2 inches of drain water. The shower curtain was ripped in at least one or two places.

The swinging latch lock on the door had clearly previously been kicked in, and the hook part on the door was split in two and all the screws in the door were not screwed tightly. I tried to reattach them but the holes were loose, so at any time if someone knocked on the door they could easily enter the room if the door was even opened a little bit.
There was also no smoke detector in the room. Only a few wires dangling where one had been. Very safe!

The noise level outside was pretty loud. I know we were close to a highway, but this felt like we were standing next to road on some occasions. Luckily traffic slowed down a bit at night.

The TV was old and not very big. The remote for the TV was a 'universal' remote that had no power button. so if you wanted to lay in bed watching tv you had to get back out of bed to turn it off. There was a sleep function on the remote, but it did not work.
Half of the channels advertised on the channel guide on top of the TV were not functional.

The refrigerator leaked water inside, so anything we put in it ended up getting wet.

There were no spare plugs close to the beds, so that meant unplugging the lights and/or alarm clock in order to charge any devices. Or leave them across the room and get out of bed if the phone rang.

We were happy to leave the hotel Sunday morning.
Today I checked my bank statement online and they had charged me $250 instead of the advertised $200 listed on their website.

This felt like a cheap $39.99 a night hotel, definitely not something I would ever justify charging $100+ per night for.

Room Tip: Don't get room 218
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
daysinnsanant0ni0tx, Webmaster at Days Inn San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your thorough comments. I’m sorry that some aspects of your stay failed to meet your expectations. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process and will take each of these comments into consideration as we make improvements. If there was a mix up with the rate that has not yet been resolved, please contact me directly to get that taken care of. Nothing is more important to us than guest satisfaction.

Hotel Manager

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The service was AWFUL! No breakfast at all, the room smelled horrible and the tv from the room did not work, plus the wifi was out of service!! I did not enjoy at all my days there, i would have gone to someother place if it wasnt because i had already pay..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry that you were with us at a particularly difficult time when we were experiencing multiple lapses in service and maintenance. Fortunately, the issues you mentioned have been corrected, and all rooms have been recleaned and rechecked to make sure they meet our standards. I sincerely apologize to you and hope you understand this is not an indication of how we usually do business.

Hotel Manager