“Worst hotel ever..STAY AWAY”

HomeGate Studios & Suites San Antonio Fiesta Park
Ranked #321 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We had problems the sec we checked in. They gave us a room that was still under construction. Finally got a room that was working and I was so dissapointed. The beds sunk to the ground, the bath tub had a HUGE crack in it. There were roaches.. The carpet was coming up and I could go on. My 4 yr old and 6 month old got sick from the filthyness. The towels were stained and used so we bought our own. I went to the office demanding a diffrent room and they showed me 5 others that had roaches in the room. The so called newly renovated rooms had white paint stains on the carpet and couch. Worst hotel experience EVER!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank mrsherrington101

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Nice large room...New matress. New tub and toliet. Working TV with remote. Refrigerator. Microwave. Sofa sleeper bed. Nice breakfast..Pool and spa...Great value for money...Recommend..Good location next to Gold Gym. Police substation. I\10 Interstate nearby...

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank apkh0828
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is the worst experience I've had in staying at a hotel. Our room was in a building facing a ditch and fully loaded trash bags right outside our door. The restroom looked and smelled like it had not been cleaned in weeks. It even had nasty stains. There was no shower curtains and not pillows. The fridge was dirty and still had food items from a previous guest. The tv did not work. We finally asked to be changed to another room when we saw roaches come out! The attendant said that the previous guest had been there for two months and probably it had not been cleaned after that. Unbelievable!!! why did we get that totally unacceptable room in the first place! The only thing that I have to compliment is that the attendant was decent enough to give us two rooms instead since they had no more rooms with two beds. The last rooms were ok but the worst part is that right after I came back I started getting covered in bites that got infected. The dermatologist confirmed it was BED BUGS! I keep getting bites which makes me think I must have brought them home and Im having a hard time getting rid of them. Whatever I saved in booking this hotel through priceline I have paid ten fold in drs, medication supplies, not to mention the distress and embarrasement of being covered in ugly bites! I wish I had looked at the reviews before I booked this room. Dont do the same! stay away!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Marissa G
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I'll start this by saying that the guy at the front desk was fantastic. Very friendly - he should be hired by an establishment that is worth his personality and skill.

That said, this was the most disgusting place I've ever stayed in my life. Bugs. Smells. Low-rent neighbors. I was glad there were double locks on the doors because I honestly felt I needed them. People knocked on my door at night, before running off. The water was dirty, the shower was dirty, the towels were dirty. I slept on top of the bed and didn't shower during my two night stay because it was so disgusting. I tried to spend as much of my time as possible away from the place while I was in town, only spending 5 hours a night to sleep.

Expedia booked this - and I will be seeking a refund if possible.

I woke up one morning, turned on the light, and saw roaches scatter. I don't even want to think about what was probably in the bed under me. I'm a pretty resilient guy, but this place had me worn down to my last nerve.

Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. I agree with previous reports - this place should be shut down ASAP, razed, the wreckage incinerated, and then the ground bleached before ever building on this site again. Atrocious.

Room Tip: Don't pay for a room here. Hell, don't be paid to take a room here if you value your health...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MountainView32
Reviewed 26 August 2011

If u chose the second one than welcom to the trash dumpster , I booked a room for a month got out on the 6th day! Here is the story... On the 5th day I got up with a bug beside me... The second day I got up in the middle of the night itching , early morning I found white bedbugs eggs...I swear .. I didn't care what I payed.. But I got out of there!!!!!! Maneger kiss my [--]...if u want to have fun with bedbugs come throw

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Romeo806
Reviewed 29 July 2011

If you pay $100 a night for this hotel, I will told you it's not worth. I only pay $60 a night. So I will say it's ok. But I would like to say few things for the hotel to do some inprove. First the hotel is old and not well maintance. paint is falling off @ all the place (the check in office, the guest room door, the stair....). They need a paint job all over the place. Gum stain or blace stain on the carpet and the chair insaide the room. The table inside the room has a quarter size scratch on the it. The toliet seat has black stain on it. The kitchnett has all rust. The ice come out from the ice machine has things all frozen up inside the ice cube. Second, after the housekeeper clean the room, they never bring you back the right amount of supplies. I stay there 3 night, and I had 4 people in my room. When I first check in, there are 3 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 wash clothe. one set of wash supplies (0.5 oz of shampoo, condition, show gel). Second night after the housekeeper clean my room there are only 2 towels of each kind, and no wash supplies at all. Third night after clean, i only have 2 bath and 2 hand towels. No more wash supplies and not even a roll or toliet paper. And there it's two trash can, the housekeeper only clean one. Third, the Front desk clark has tatoo all over his arms. I don't say that you can't tatoo yourself, but at least cover it when you working. specially when you working at the front desk.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

This place is a dump. It should be shut down. The room was dirty when I got there. I would never stay here again. The workers that clean the rooms did not clean. Garbage around the property and dog poop.

• Stayed: July 2010