trying to be fair here, but would probably give it 1.5 stars if I could. we stayed 2 nights, non consecutively. after the first I was all set to never come back, since the room was HORRIBLE. but while traveling west texas, was not able to get enough reception to book any other hotel, so just stayed with what we had planned already.
the dirty carpet had cheerios and crumbs everywhere. the toilet had pee marks all over it and on the floor around it, and the sheet on the fold-out had actual dirt streaks on it, not to mention other peoples' hair.
the most important thing for me in a hotel room is cleanliness, since I'm not expecting the best night's sleep anyway. because of this I travel with sanitizing wipes and spray, so I can undo any gross factor immediately! I sanitized the hell out of that room, called for new sheets (which we had to go and fetch ourselves btw), and made my kids wear their flip flops the entire time we were in the room. we were the first room by the freeway side of the building and the noise factor was awful. trains blaring all night, wind whistling from the corridor between the building that is right beside it, and traffic on 35. we left early the next morning, and we requested a room furthest from the highway side for our return, although at that point I wasn't sure we would.
we did, and got a room pretty far from the street, so the noise issue was much better. the room was much cleaner too, though still had stray hairs in the tub, soap rings in the sink, and a dirty toilet bowl. we still had to get our own sheets from downstairs, and still had to deal with the icky factor of sanitizing your own room. ughhh!
there seemed to be no point in complaining, as leaving on the first day we overheard a woman at the desk trying to lodge a complaint, and the manager was like, " here's a form, fill it out, and send it here, since I don't deal with that kind of thing".
the good things:
breakfast is in a tiny little room, but kids had 3 choices of cereal, there were 2 waffle irons woefully slow for the amount of people they needed to service, yogurt, fresh oranges, and some horrible looking eggs and sausage on the hot plate. they offered pastries, breads and muffins, so I guess it was decent.
the rooms are a good size, and it is nice that if you come with kids you can have them in the front room, and shut the door between your room and theirs, since a lot of times once they go to bed you just have to turn everything off. we were able to watch tv and read without bothering them.
the bed was lumpy, and pillows small, but there were many, and it was a king size, so plenty of room.
in short, san antonio hotels are pricey, but spend the extra 20 bucks and get something you don't have to be grossed out in. we will NEVER return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QUALITY SUITES Located near the Spanish Governor's Palace and the Alamo, our Quality Suites(R) hotel in San Antonio gives you more for your hard-earned money. Our San Antonio hotel gives you easy access to other sites and activities like Fort Sam Houston and: Six Flags, Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld, San Antonio, Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, Splashtown, River Walk. Our San Antonio hotel caters to both vacationing tourists and business travelers alike with complimentary services and amenities such as: Free hot breakfast, seasonal outdoor pool, exercise room, business center, free weekday newspaper. Our 100 percent non-smoking guest rooms feature TVs, hair dryers, coffee makers, microwaves, fridges, irons and ironing boards. Keep your electronic devices charged with the recharge device including AC and USB outlets provided in all guest rooms. For those seeking to lighten their suitcases by doing laundry, we also offer guest laundry facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quality Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Near Fort Sam Hotel San Antonio
- Comfort Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Comfort Suites
- Quality Suites San Antonio, Texas