“pretty bad”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #233 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 14 March 2013

trying to be fair here, but would probably give it 1.5 stars if I could. we stayed 2 nights, non consecutively. after the first I was all set to never come back, since the room was HORRIBLE. but while traveling west texas, was not able to get enough reception to book any other hotel, so just stayed with what we had planned already.
the dirty carpet had cheerios and crumbs everywhere. the toilet had pee marks all over it and on the floor around it, and the sheet on the fold-out had actual dirt streaks on it, not to mention other peoples' hair.
the most important thing for me in a hotel room is cleanliness, since I'm not expecting the best night's sleep anyway. because of this I travel with sanitizing wipes and spray, so I can undo any gross factor immediately! I sanitized the hell out of that room, called for new sheets (which we had to go and fetch ourselves btw), and made my kids wear their flip flops the entire time we were in the room. we were the first room by the freeway side of the building and the noise factor was awful. trains blaring all night, wind whistling from the corridor between the building that is right beside it, and traffic on 35. we left early the next morning, and we requested a room furthest from the highway side for our return, although at that point I wasn't sure we would.
we did, and got a room pretty far from the street, so the noise issue was much better. the room was much cleaner too, though still had stray hairs in the tub, soap rings in the sink, and a dirty toilet bowl. we still had to get our own sheets from downstairs, and still had to deal with the icky factor of sanitizing your own room. ughhh!
there seemed to be no point in complaining, as leaving on the first day we overheard a woman at the desk trying to lodge a complaint, and the manager was like, " here's a form, fill it out, and send it here, since I don't deal with that kind of thing".

the good things:
breakfast is in a tiny little room, but kids had 3 choices of cereal, there were 2 waffle irons woefully slow for the amount of people they needed to service, yogurt, fresh oranges, and some horrible looking eggs and sausage on the hot plate. they offered pastries, breads and muffins, so I guess it was decent.
the rooms are a good size, and it is nice that if you come with kids you can have them in the front room, and shut the door between your room and theirs, since a lot of times once they go to bed you just have to turn everything off. we were able to watch tv and read without bothering them.
the bed was lumpy, and pillows small, but there were many, and it was a king size, so plenty of room.
in short, san antonio hotels are pricey, but spend the extra 20 bucks and get something you don't have to be grossed out in. we will NEVER return!

Room Tip: if clean is your thing DO NOT stay here! but if you do, request a room away from the highway :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

We're so glad you gave us another chance and that we pulled through this time. We had a temporary service provide support for cleaning during a surprisngly up turn in the business for a couple of weeks, and unfortunately it just did not work out. that issue is behind us now. We have doubled up our training and have hired additional staff, and I know we will conitnue to provide the best service to all our guests. Please let us know how your next visit goes.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Easy reservation online, easy and quick check in, clean and spacious living area and bedroom, clean bathroom and plentiful towels, Flat screen in room and living area, microwave and sink and fridge, great warm breakfast!!! No complaints at all. I had a lovely 2 day stay here with my fiance. I will return. 5 minutes from AT&T center for Spurs NBA game and 10min from Riverwalk

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you very much for your comments on your stay, we try very hard to make sure everyone is happy. We hope you had a safe trip ome and that you will come back and visit us very soon. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night while on a business trip. The room was clean but not spotless. The location was excellent for me because there is a Cracker Barrel next to it. Easy to get to fwy (can be challenging in tx). Overall not bad. Price was fair.

• Stayed: March 2013
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I want to first of all thank you for staying with us and for your comments on your stay. We have staff meetings every morning in which all reveiws are discussed. We want to make sure we give everyone the best service possible. We hope you decide to stay with us again on your next visit to San Antonio, I would also like to offer you a special rate for your comment so please contact me when planning your next visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Great helpful and friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, clean crisp sheets and a free breakfast. Restaurants are located close by. A very good value.
Easy access from I35.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Bellatravelingshoes

We would like to thank you on your review, we try very hard to make sure all our guest have the best experience they have ever had. It is always nice to go to my staff and share your response and thank them for a great job. We hope you stay with us on your next visit to San Antonio and please contact me directlty for your next stay so I can honor you a special discount for your comment. Thank you!

Reviewed 20 November 2012

we were at the end of a very long road trip, so our stop in san antonio was here at the comfort suites. we got a coupon at a gas station on the highway, and chose it for the hot breakfasts we had enjoyed at other comfort suites along the way. the rooms were very clean and large. the lady at reception was friendly. all in all we had a good stay at a reasonable price, and not too far out of our way.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

We're so happy to have been a part of your journey through the U.S.. Gald the hot breakfast and the large two-room suites were just what you needed. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

The rooms were ideal for a large family of 3 adults and 2 children. The first thing i noticed when going into the room was a huge crack on the ceiling. On this particular night there was a weather forecast for rain. Long story short, My family was awakened at 3am by the sound of rain drops inside the room. Sure enough there was a leak directly above the bed where i was sleeping at. Needless to say that the bed was completely soaked through.

When i called to see if if was possible for at least those staying on that particular bed to be moved to another room, there was regrettably no other rooms available. However, receptionist that took my call had a very sarcastic attitude. Somebody was sent in without notice to inspect this leak. Sure enough the leak was confirmed, bed was moved away from the leak. We had to suggest getting clean, dry sheets to replace those that got soaked. Lost sleep, extremely inconvenient situation. Worst of all it seemed that it had a patch job; as if this has been a problem before. Guess my family and I were just the guinea pigs to see if it truly got fixed.

The next day when we explained courteously our grief of this regrettable experience, the receptionist for this shift also had a very sarcastic attitude, our complaint was not taken seriously and refund seemed to be a out of the question. Ended up getting half a discount for this terrible night stay which is not too bad. However i disagree with the customer service in this place and the attitude considering the facts.

Breakfast is pretty good, does not compensate for this terrible experience.

Room Tip: Inspect room before actually staying or reserve at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Debbie L L, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

I personally apologize for this unfortunate experience. Unfortunately the bad weather caused some roof damage to the hotel that night which resulted in the ceiling taking on water in your room and the room above yours. We were sold out the night in question and did not have another room to move your family to. It was unfortunate that the rain was in the middle of the night and we were unable to do all we would have wanted to do to accommodate you. Thank you for the kind remarks about our breakfast and the large guest rooms, we do have a property to be proud of. We do hope you’ll come back to visit and we will be sure to do our best on your future visits.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Over all good place. Our air conditioner struggled to keep up but I never reported it until the last day. The men in our group complained of no soap in the men's restroom in the lobby. That was never remedied. The front desk was friendly for the most part. Overall good stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Debbie L L, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you for your input. Without customer comments we would not know how we can improve to make our customers satisfaction a number one priority. It is unfortunate that you did not report that your room air conditioner was not working to your satisfaction. We have maintenance staff on duty to remedy such issues. We also keep replacement units onsite in the event a unit goes down. As for the issue with the soap in the public restroom I personally apologize - somewhere along the lines this was not communicated to me. Had I known about it I would have repleantished it myself. I trust that you will consider giving us a second chance to gain your business in the future.