“Disgusted.”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #236 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We have stayed at Comfort Suites in other locations and have enjoyed our visit, but this location was very disappointing. There was hair in the shower, making it obvious that it had NOT been cleaned. When I reported this, the woman at the check-out informed me that they had a complaint about it before our stay, meaning that it had been there before the last visitor stayed in the room! EWWW! The only thing she did to try to make it right was give us $15 off of the charge to our credit card, and a business card that will give us 25% off of our next stay at that location. Now WHY would I WANT to return to that location?!? Seriously?!? Then when we returned home and viewed our credit card statement it showed a charge $17.51 higher than our receipt shows. No we are NOT happy customers and we will NOT be staying there next time we are in San Antonio.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsJonesTX

Reviewed 30 March 2013

We had ants last night and the fan in the supposed living room wasn't working. The clerk couldn't leave the front desk. Eventually, my husband was given Clorox wipes for the ants and a knob that didn't fit anything to fix the fan - which the clerk told me had been disabled because it was too loud. But the best was the front desk clerk who couldn't have been ruder when I brought all this to her attention.

Looking at the other reviews, I can't even give it a 2 or a 1.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have paid a lot more and got a lot less, the cleanliness and condition of the room was Great , the breakfast was good with a good variety of food and drink... The stay was during spring break and the place was really busy but all was well , the staff was on top of it and friendly.. My last stay was at the Rodeway Inn just north of here , a total disaster never again, but I will stay here every time I return to San Antonio..

Room Tip: Non Smoking Hotel , a must for me , hooray for Comfort Inns..
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

It's so good to hear back when we get everything right, which is often but we just don't hear it often enough :). I will share your compliments with the staff and thank them for their hard work. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Our family of four stayed one night. We used a coupon and were given a room that they must reserve for "the coupon people". It was next door to a 24-hour fitness room! The noise was awful. Through the thin wall we could hear everyone who used the fitness equipment. The TV noise from the room on the other side came through to our room also. The sink looked as if someone had dropped a bowling ball on it--all cracked and dirty-looking. The shower curtain didn't even touch the top of the tub so was useless in keeping the water in the tub and not on the floor. TV remote didn't work. There was NO closet! That was a first for us. Breakfast was just okay. No hot eggs, just sausage and potatoes for the hot items.

Usually I have found Comfort Inns to be of good quality but not this one. Our $80 room, which the check-in person said was normally $180, was definitely not worth it. If you stay here, check out the room first before paying for it. Better yet, book somewhere else.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not next door to the fitness room and is clean before checking in.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

We apologize for the error in room assignments. We are currently under going renovations in some of the rooms and your room should have not been assigned...we have fixed the problem and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

trying to be fair here, but would probably give it 1.5 stars if I could. we stayed 2 nights, non consecutively. after the first I was all set to never come back, since the room was HORRIBLE. but while traveling west texas, was not able to get enough reception to book any other hotel, so just stayed with what we had planned already.
the dirty carpet had cheerios and crumbs everywhere. the toilet had pee marks all over it and on the floor around it, and the sheet on the fold-out had actual dirt streaks on it, not to mention other peoples' hair.
the most important thing for me in a hotel room is cleanliness, since I'm not expecting the best night's sleep anyway. because of this I travel with sanitizing wipes and spray, so I can undo any gross factor immediately! I sanitized the hell out of that room, called for new sheets (which we had to go and fetch ourselves btw), and made my kids wear their flip flops the entire time we were in the room. we were the first room by the freeway side of the building and the noise factor was awful. trains blaring all night, wind whistling from the corridor between the building that is right beside it, and traffic on 35. we left early the next morning, and we requested a room furthest from the highway side for our return, although at that point I wasn't sure we would.
we did, and got a room pretty far from the street, so the noise issue was much better. the room was much cleaner too, though still had stray hairs in the tub, soap rings in the sink, and a dirty toilet bowl. we still had to get our own sheets from downstairs, and still had to deal with the icky factor of sanitizing your own room. ughhh!
there seemed to be no point in complaining, as leaving on the first day we overheard a woman at the desk trying to lodge a complaint, and the manager was like, " here's a form, fill it out, and send it here, since I don't deal with that kind of thing".

the good things:
breakfast is in a tiny little room, but kids had 3 choices of cereal, there were 2 waffle irons woefully slow for the amount of people they needed to service, yogurt, fresh oranges, and some horrible looking eggs and sausage on the hot plate. they offered pastries, breads and muffins, so I guess it was decent.
the rooms are a good size, and it is nice that if you come with kids you can have them in the front room, and shut the door between your room and theirs, since a lot of times once they go to bed you just have to turn everything off. we were able to watch tv and read without bothering them.
the bed was lumpy, and pillows small, but there were many, and it was a king size, so plenty of room.
in short, san antonio hotels are pricey, but spend the extra 20 bucks and get something you don't have to be grossed out in. we will NEVER return!

Room Tip: if clean is your thing DO NOT stay here! but if you do, request a room away from the highway :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

We're so glad you gave us another chance and that we pulled through this time. We had a temporary service provide support for cleaning during a surprisngly up turn in the business for a couple of weeks, and unfortunately it just did not work out. that issue is behind us now. We have doubled up our training and have hired additional staff, and I know we will conitnue to provide the best service to all our guests. Please let us know how your next visit goes.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Easy reservation online, easy and quick check in, clean and spacious living area and bedroom, clean bathroom and plentiful towels, Flat screen in room and living area, microwave and sink and fridge, great warm breakfast!!! No complaints at all. I had a lovely 2 day stay here with my fiance. I will return. 5 minutes from AT&T center for Spurs NBA game and 10min from Riverwalk

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you very much for your comments on your stay, we try very hard to make sure everyone is happy. We hope you had a safe trip ome and that you will come back and visit us very soon. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night while on a business trip. The room was clean but not spotless. The location was excellent for me because there is a Cracker Barrel next to it. Easy to get to fwy (can be challenging in tx). Overall not bad. Price was fair.

• Stayed: March 2013
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I want to first of all thank you for staying with us and for your comments on your stay. We have staff meetings every morning in which all reveiws are discussed. We want to make sure we give everyone the best service possible. We hope you decide to stay with us again on your next visit to San Antonio, I would also like to offer you a special rate for your comment so please contact me when planning your next visit.