“In line with price paid.”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #232 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

15 mins from river walk. Parking at river walk garages will cost $9 if that is your interest for conferences or sightseeing. Paid $90 to stay here one night before moving to downtown hotel for ISTE Conference. Not a bad stay, but definitely not up to par with all other comfort suites hotels. The floor in the room needed to be vacuumed. On the plus side, Cracker Barrel restaurant is next door.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 17 June 2013

By far, the best hotel to stay in while in San Antonio, TX. I have made reservations here three times this year, January, March, and now for two weeks in June! The staff is outstanding, rooms are great, breakfast is awesome with a waffle maker that shapes your waffle like the state of TX! That's new since March 2013. Hotel is always busy. I check-in with Andrew who has outstanding people skills! Everything is located very close in driving distance too. Great pool and exercise room. They really strive to make your stay feel like home! I highly recommend this hotel. You cannot go worng by staying here, hooah! The staff that I have met over my three stays are: LaJuan (who goes above and beyond her job description), Tony who has an excellent personality, & Jimmy who brings a smile to everyones face. Erica is new and I can't rate her fully, but she is very good too!

Room Tip: I like the first floor rooms they are close to everything and there is no need to use the elevator!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Standard, room-for-the-night type of hotel. Older facility, but clean and everything worked fine. Front desk employee was courteous and pleasant. Numerous restaurants in the area, and a quiet locale that's easy to get off of and back on to the freeway if you're making your way from D/FW via I-35 to 410 to I-37 for the trip to Corpus Christi or beyond to South Padre Island. Bed's a bit firm for my taste (and my wife's) but most hotel beds are. The continental breakfast is the typical fare for such offerings.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for almost 2 weeks due to a family emergency, The hotel staff was one of the best I have ever seen. They helped me out in every they could. They always had a smile and said hello, which at that time was very comforting. The hotel was very quiet at night, did not get woken up once.the room were clean and roomy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

On behalf of the entire staff we would like to thank you very much for your comments. We take great pride in our work so it is great to hear when our hard work goes noticed and knowing you left our hotel happy means we are doing our job. We have daily meetings which I shared your comments and they were also all rewarded as well. Thank you so much and hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed 26 April 2013

We always stay here and have never had a problem. The front desk is always very nice and accommodating. We find the location to be very convenient as well. Great prices, complimentary breakfast or Cracker Barrel right next door, comfy rooms, cold a/c. No complaints.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

I want to thank you very much for your compliments and I have shared them with the staff as well. We take all comments good and bad as a training tool but always nice to let the staff know just how our guest are feeling about their hard work. Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great prices, short distance from Sea World about 3 miles. Easy highway access to downtown San Antonio. Rooms were comfortable, nice size, quiet hotel and plenty of room to sleep a family of 5 with 3 smaller children. Complimentary breakfast

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We have stayed at Comfort Suites in other locations and have enjoyed our visit, but this location was very disappointing. There was hair in the shower, making it obvious that it had NOT been cleaned. When I reported this, the woman at the check-out informed me that they had a complaint about it before our stay, meaning that it had been there before the last visitor stayed in the room! EWWW! The only thing she did to try to make it right was give us $15 off of the charge to our credit card, and a business card that will give us 25% off of our next stay at that location. Now WHY would I WANT to return to that location?!? Seriously?!? Then when we returned home and viewed our credit card statement it showed a charge $17.51 higher than our receipt shows. No we are NOT happy customers and we will NOT be staying there next time we are in San Antonio.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family