Quality Suites
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewschoice hotelsroom was cleanwaffleshouse keepinggreat place to staywould stay here againper daycerealmicrowaveconveniencedowntownriverwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Hmmm...Where do I begin, well let's start by saying that this is the 6th hotel my husband and I have stayed in this year and I was not impressed at all....to the point where I had to give this hotel an average rating...which I believe to be a bit generous considering some of my concerns. We stayed four nights and below are our good and bad thoughts on this hotel:

GOOD:
--Surrounded by a lot of convenient stores
--Located not too far from the Riverwalk
--Staff was friendly
--They just finished painting the front of the hotel to try and jazz up the presentation of the parking lot
--Room had two television sets

BAD:
--Ants, ants and more ants! Outrageous! When my husband and I first arrived to this location, we parked on the side of the hotel as there were no parking spaces in the front. I noticed quite a few ants running around on the curb, but didn't think anything of it. The 2nd night, we moved our vehicle to the front of the hotel where we noticed even more ants running around. Once again, didn't think anything of it...until the next morning we came out to find that my husband's Chevy Tahoe had been taken over by the whole ant community. The ants had crawled all inside of my husband's vehicle and all over everything we had inside the truck. We immediately had to take it to a car spot to clean it out and have been suffering from ant bites for the past three days because we can't seem to get them all out of there. We notified two people at the front desk, but apparently no one cared enough to address the issue. We still haven't heard from management.
--Room service will walk in your room at random during their cleaning hours without knocking; keep the latch on
--The room is not as modern as it could be
--The parking lot is terrible and random people whom don't even stay at the hotel sit in their vehicles in the parking lot at night making for an uncomfortable scenery in you leaving your vehicle unattended
--Make sure you check your credit card upon check in; because they say that they don't charge it, but that's not true, because the girl behind the front desk charged my card on the first night and overcharged it by a couple of hundred of dollars making the money not accessible back to our card for a few days
--Sheets were not thoroughly clean
--Couch was filthy
--Pillows were not comfortable
--Internet Connection was bad; husband could not play his PS3 online
--Hotel is located on a one ay street and is very difficult to access

**Overall, would not stay here again**

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Please accept my sincere apology, I am as horrified as you to hear about your experience. This is not what we are used to and I assure you that steps have already been taken to remedy the issues.

I have shared your comments with my staff in our morning meetings and will use your response as a training tool. We all take your feedback very seriously when looking for self-improvement. We do hope you visit us once more when visiting San Antonio again so that we redeem ourselves. Please contact me directly for your next booking.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Quite disappointed by this property. My room had no clock radio. I called the front desk and the clerk wanted to know why I wanted one. She said she didn't know the rooms had clock radios. She said she would find one and send it up. Two hours later I stopped by the desk and she said she forgot. Another guy was very helpful. He was surprised and brought me one. He said there are boxes of them in storage so just ask if this one doesn't work. Took shower in the morning and no bath towels! Dried off with 2 wash cloths. Asked front desk why no bath towels. She didn't know why. Had breakfast and the only juice was a cranberry beverage. I asked about orange and apple juice. Front desk girl said they have NEVER had anything but cranberry. Who the hell drinks cranberry juice; maybe 1% of Americans. The coffee was gone, the eggs were gone. I advised the breakfast attendant these items needed replaced; she needed help back there but nobody offered. I wrote a note and gave to the desk clerk for the general manager. This problem is with that person, the GM, for not properly managing the hotel. If he'd get off his butt and observe the rooms, breakfast area (no OJ/Apple EVER at this property) and get things organized, he'd have a nice review. I do not like excuses from hotels. When I pay 3 figures for a night's stay, I expect the basics to be in order.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dcjw700
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We booked this hotel through vacationsmadeeasy.com . Don't know what it shows now but at the time it showed 4 stars on their website. As far as I'm concerned 2 stars is being very generous. Room had no washcloths and we were told that guests had been taking them but they had more on order. Sorry but a hotel that is supposed to be a 4 star establishment should never run out of anything. The room had a small fan to circulate air from the bedroom area over to where the sofa was located-it didn't work. Air in that part of the room was extremely stuffy. Room was generally run down in appearance so we decided to check out and go somewhere else. Front desk staff had put a hold on our credit card despite the fact that we had already paid for the room a month ago and then they didn't want to take the hold off of our card. Finally got the manager involved and after about a 2 hour or so delay he got it fixed but by then we were tired and frustrated with the whole deal. Hopefully they will get their issues fixed but we were very much disappointed and will not be back under any circumstances. When we left we checked into the Best Western on Rittiman road which is within walking distance of this hotel and were treated like royalty. The difference between the 2 hotels is like night and day. We STRONGLY recommend Best Western on Rittiman Road if you plan to be in the San Antonio area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed at Comfort Suites near Sea World for my my son's graduation from basic military training at Lackland AFB. The room was nice and quiet, clean, and up to date. The staff was very friendly and even offered good advice on local restaurants and directions. The one issue we had with the room was addressed within 10 minutes. I would defnitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

I want to first of all thank you for your comment, its always great to hear when we make our guest happy and always nice to share with our staff. We hope you visit again soon and we would be happy for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have stayed here MANY times and love this place. The staff is ALWAYS cheerful, helpful, and efficient. The rooms are a little older but the rooms are always clean. We love that the couch bed is in a separate room so you can watch 2 different shows, and or read while others are sleeping. We love this place.
The breakfast is very good too, and I do not especially like to eat the free breakfasts at the hotel.

Room Tip: We always get the double queen suites. Roomy, comfy, private.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for the feedback. Glad we lived up to expectations. Do come back and see us again very soon. Thank you from everyone here at the Comfort Suites.