“Danger Railroad Crossing!”

Ranked #213 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
North Carolina
“Danger Railroad Crossing!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I would have NEVER chosen this hotel on my own, we always stay at Hilton brand hotels. This reservation was made for me by the lodging facility at Brooke Army medical center when they didn't have a place for us on base. I can't believe that the law would allow for a hotel to be as close to a railroad track as this hotel is. Yes, it's across the highway, but just across the highway where the train goes through blowing it's horn as loudly as possible every hour on the hour all night long. The hotel shakes while this is happening! The
condition of the rooms... In desperate need of a reno, but considering the location by the tracks, why bother!

Stayed September 2013
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
I am very sorry for your experience and the issues with the train has been an on going thing. We have had several meetings with the city on this issue and had resolved this but from the sounds of it I must meet with them again. We are currently going through a renovation so we hope you give us another try and please contact me directly so I can make sure you are taken care of including a room away from the train. Thank you for your comment and will discuss on my next meeting.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I always stay in comfort suites and whenever I am in San Antonio I try to stay in this facility. The employees are genuinely friendly and very professional. The hotel is extremely clean and in excellent condition. The rooms are very comfy and quite. I strongly recommend this facility.

Room Tip: no bad rooms here
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, we take a lot of pride on making sure our guest leave very happy. I will make sure to read your comment to my staff in our morning meeting and also thank them for their hard work. Hope to see you again very soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Clean place, great breakfast area and times available. Very helpful and friendly staff. A little hard to park if you arrive past 8pm. Overall good value for your money. You would be satisfied with the breakfast. Clean place. No movies on demand available.

Room Tip: Read the comments on sites like this.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your comment and we are very sorry on the parking situation. The next time you are visiting please let us know and we will be happy to reserve a parking just for you

Tony Valdez
Irapuato, Mexico
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Again, it was very nice to be 5 nights there, always served with a smile and kindness, especially by Mr. Andrew Cervantes which we extended our low rate because we did not have well determined the date of our departure. wish the manager know that is a pleasure to find a bilingual person on the front desk, because it makes us feel at home, you have this person a great and coordial employee.
Just one comment, always replenish soap and accessories when you Remain several nights. Congratulations, and of course I return again and recommend to anyone wishing broadly shop in San Marco!
Mr. Sergio Ochoa Irapuato Mexico

Room Tip: Nice restaurant, next door Cracker Barrel, and many others arround there. Dennys, Applebeas, etc.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Mr. Sergio Ochoa,

I want to first of all thank you for staying with us while your visit in San Antonio, would also like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We try very hard on making our guest happy and take every comment very seriously. I will thank my staff and share with everyone on our next staff meeting about your greatly appreciated comment. Thank you again and we look forward on seeing you again on your next visit.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Hmmm...Where do I begin, well let's start by saying that this is the 6th hotel my husband and I have stayed in this year and I was not impressed at all....to the point where I had to give this hotel an average rating...which I believe to be a bit generous considering some of my concerns. We stayed four nights and below are our good and bad thoughts on this hotel:

GOOD:
--Surrounded by a lot of convenient stores
--Located not too far from the Riverwalk
--Staff was friendly
--They just finished painting the front of the hotel to try and jazz up the presentation of the parking lot
--Room had two television sets

BAD:
--Ants, ants and more ants! Outrageous! When my husband and I first arrived to this location, we parked on the side of the hotel as there were no parking spaces in the front. I noticed quite a few ants running around on the curb, but didn't think anything of it. The 2nd night, we moved our vehicle to the front of the hotel where we noticed even more ants running around. Once again, didn't think anything of it...until the next morning we came out to find that my husband's Chevy Tahoe had been taken over by the whole ant community. The ants had crawled all inside of my husband's vehicle and all over everything we had inside the truck. We immediately had to take it to a car spot to clean it out and have been suffering from ant bites for the past three days because we can't seem to get them all out of there. We notified two people at the front desk, but apparently no one cared enough to address the issue. We still haven't heard from management.
--Room service will walk in your room at random during their cleaning hours without knocking; keep the latch on
--The room is not as modern as it could be
--The parking lot is terrible and random people whom don't even stay at the hotel sit in their vehicles in the parking lot at night making for an uncomfortable scenery in you leaving your vehicle unattended
--Make sure you check your credit card upon check in; because they say that they don't charge it, but that's not true, because the girl behind the front desk charged my card on the first night and overcharged it by a couple of hundred of dollars making the money not accessible back to our card for a few days
--Sheets were not thoroughly clean
--Couch was filthy
--Pillows were not comfortable
--Internet Connection was bad; husband could not play his PS3 online
--Hotel is located on a one ay street and is very difficult to access

**Overall, would not stay here again**

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Please accept my sincere apology, I am as horrified as you to hear about your experience. This is not what we are used to and I assure you that steps have already been taken to remedy the issues.

I have shared your comments with my staff in our morning meetings and will use your response as a training tool. We all take your feedback very seriously when looking for self-improvement. We do hope you visit us once more when visiting San Antonio again so that we redeem ourselves. Please contact me directly for your next booking.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Quite disappointed by this property. My room had no clock radio. I called the front desk and the clerk wanted to know why I wanted one. She said she didn't know the rooms had clock radios. She said she would find one and send it up. Two hours later I stopped by the desk and she said she forgot. Another guy was very helpful. He was surprised and brought me one. He said there are boxes of them in storage so just ask if this one doesn't work. Took shower in the morning and no bath towels! Dried off with 2 wash cloths. Asked front desk why no bath towels. She didn't know why. Had breakfast and the only juice was a cranberry beverage. I asked about orange and apple juice. Front desk girl said they have NEVER had anything but cranberry. Who the hell drinks cranberry juice; maybe 1% of Americans. The coffee was gone, the eggs were gone. I advised the breakfast attendant these items needed replaced; she needed help back there but nobody offered. I wrote a note and gave to the desk clerk for the general manager. This problem is with that person, the GM, for not properly managing the hotel. If he'd get off his butt and observe the rooms, breakfast area (no OJ/Apple EVER at this property) and get things organized, he'd have a nice review. I do not like excuses from hotels. When I pay 3 figures for a night's stay, I expect the basics to be in order.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dcjw700
CABOT
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We booked this hotel through vacationsmadeeasy.com . Don't know what it shows now but at the time it showed 4 stars on their website. As far as I'm concerned 2 stars is being very generous. Room had no washcloths and we were told that guests had been taking them but they had more on order. Sorry but a hotel that is supposed to be a 4 star establishment should never run out of anything. The room had a small fan to circulate air from the bedroom area over to where the sofa was located-it didn't work. Air in that part of the room was extremely stuffy. Room was generally run down in appearance so we decided to check out and go somewhere else. Front desk staff had put a hold on our credit card despite the fact that we had already paid for the room a month ago and then they didn't want to take the hold off of our card. Finally got the manager involved and after about a 2 hour or so delay he got it fixed but by then we were tired and frustrated with the whole deal. Hopefully they will get their issues fixed but we were very much disappointed and will not be back under any circumstances. When we left we checked into the Best Western on Rittiman road which is within walking distance of this hotel and were treated like royalty. The difference between the 2 hotels is like night and day. We STRONGLY recommend Best Western on Rittiman Road if you plan to be in the San Antonio area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family