“Kudos to the Staff!”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #236 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very nice place! Stayed over the weekend, it looked like the place might have been sold out but that did not stop them from giving outstanding service. Great price, clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable. When I made the reservation, I requested a specific type of room and Erica was very nice and accommodating. Amber went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and felt taken care of. I had a minor issue in the room and Gerardo form Housekeeping quickly took care of it. The very pleasant staff here makes all the difference. Complimentary breakfast was a bit crowded on Saturday morning but there was enough food for everyone as I saw many people going for seconds without any issues. I vaguely heard the train, maybe once each day – during the day so it did not disturb my sleep. I will definitely stay here again, it is not a 5 star hotel but the service is superb!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jean A
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment, it is always nice to hear comments like this. The staff here all work very hard and I will be sharing your comments on our next staff meeting. Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great place to stay! Clean, comfortable, well-maintained, very friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff - we were a group of 3 vacationing in Texas and would definitely stay here again!
Coffee, sweet tea and ice water available at all times in the lobby and internet access for those travelling without laptops!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catharine A

Thank you very much for your comments and we hope the next time you are traveling in Texas you stay with us.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a very good and clean place to stay with the family for any activity your're visiting San Antonio Texas and it is also a great option for a very good price. Room design is pretty comfy. Clean hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are quiter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jorge M

Thank you very much for your comments and we hope to see you again on your next visit to San Antonio.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I recently stayed at this establishment during a business trip. I had an issue (my fault) that Erica, the front desk girl, resolved immediately and with a fantastic attitude. I expect that level of professionalism and courtesy from much more expensive hotels, so it was a pleasant surprise that I found it here with her. The room was clean, and while I would have liked a bit more variety with breakfast it was sufficient. All in all, I travel a lot so for me all I really want in a place is a quiet, clean room in a quiet, clean environment. I got both of those here, but what blew me away was the level of customer service I was given by the staff. Usually you don't see people referred to by name unless it's bad, due to her phenomenal attitude, professionalism, courtesy and competence I wanted to give Erica credit. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Terratrav

I want to thank you on behalf of all of the staff and management at the Comfort Suites, we try very hard to give the best customer service possible and to hear comments like yours is wonderful. We are currently going through a renovation so we hope the next time your in our area you stay with us and experience the new look of our hotel including experiencing that customer service you received and will always receive.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Absolute worst stay ever. After arriving on an international flight Monday afternoon, it's now Wednesday morning and I STILL don't have hot water in my hotel room. The afternoon staff makes light of it, saying they just need to reset the water heaters, but when I call in the mornings, the morning staff has no idea how to fix the problem, only saying "I don't know anything about showers," no offering to allow me to shower in another room, move my room or anything. Also, I feel very unsafe here. There are some unsavory characters in and around the hotel, and there is damage on the door indicating someone tried to pry it open with a crow bar. Hotel is noisy (train right outside my room) and breakfast is medicore at best. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

I am so glad we had a chance to speak today and get to the bottom of the issues. Thank you for your understanding and knowing that we will do everything to ensure that mistakes do not occur, and if they do, we will act appropriately to correct them and to make amends with our valued customers. We have made the necessary changes, we have improved, and we are waiting for your return to benefit from our unending hospitality. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel will do nothing to accommodate and make your stay pleasant. I stated in my reservation that I would arrive around 3am. I walked into the lobby area around 320 due to airport delays only to be told without a previous phone call that my reservation will be charged a no show fee. It didn't end there! The receptionist (who actually tried to help) contacted the manager Andrew via telephone. The manager did nothing to attempt to accommodate or help us out even after being aware my wife who is full term pregnant and I did not have a place to sleep anymore unless I got charged another room for a higher fee in addition to the reservation I had already lost. We had to look for another hotel around 4 in the morning and had no option but to stay at what is considered a lower quality hotel which ironically had way better service. Unless you want to encounter insensitive and intransigent management, do not stay here!

• Stayed: February 2014
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

It is a terrible shame, we do apologize but please understand that this was not an issue with the hotel's policy...let me explain. Most travelers understand that if you would like to check in at 3am you are basically reserving that room for the evening before on a guaranteed reservation (no show only meant that the card was charged at the time the night's audit was run); so in this case you made a reservation for a late arrival guaranteed with your card. This ensures that the hotel holds your room ALL NIGHT regardless of whether you come in at 10pm or 3am, it is a convenience for the customer. The concern is that you did not understand that, and unfortunately the 'Third Party" you booked your reservation through did not adequately explain that to you. Please know that this was not a hotel error or fault of the industry's policies...and we had no knowledge of the third party's information they had given you. Had you wanted to stay through the next day you would have had to pay for a second night's stay, obviously. My question is you had a room that was already paid for for the night, why you chose to leave and go to another hotel was something out of our control...unfortunately it was a choice you made. You had a room and could have stayed until check out the following day. WE'D LOVE TO SEE YOU BACK, next time please book directly with us and we'd be happy to give you the service our guests are used to receiving.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Room was clean. Easy to find, we were galloping about to the north and east so it was great for us. Not the place if you want to spend your time downtown. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a hit and miss. Good one day, not the next. Close to airport and a gas station on the corner (if you're renting a car). Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denny D

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us here at the Comfort Suites. Our goal is to make everyone's stay as wonderful as possible, we hope you stay with us again in the future so please feel free to contact us directly the next time you visit San Antonio.