“The beginning” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #210 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“The beginning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 4 weeks.
The rooms are older but very large. I had two double beds, a pull out couch, and desk.
The staff is very friendly.
My favorite part was the Texas shaped waffles for breakfast!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Sbibbens
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we hope we see you again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Angleton, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Average hotel. The lobby was really nice. The breakfast was good. The rooms were a bit older but very clean and spacious with two nice TV's. Walking distance to a few restaurants. The staff led by Jimmy was great! They were very accomodating and helpful as well as friendly. Probably the best service I've ever had at a hotel. Would consider staying here again just based on the service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank char06
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, we are currently going through a renovation so we hope to see you again in the near future.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very nice place! Stayed over the weekend, it looked like the place might have been sold out but that did not stop them from giving outstanding service. Great price, clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable. When I made the reservation, I requested a specific type of room and Erica was very nice and accommodating. Amber went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and felt taken care of. I had a minor issue in the room and Gerardo form Housekeeping quickly took care of it. The very pleasant staff here makes all the difference. Complimentary breakfast was a bit crowded on Saturday morning but there was enough food for everyone as I saw many people going for seconds without any issues. I vaguely heard the train, maybe once each day – during the day so it did not disturb my sleep. I will definitely stay here again, it is not a 5 star hotel but the service is superb!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jean A
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment, it is always nice to hear comments like this. The staff here all work very hard and I will be sharing your comments on our next staff meeting. Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great place to stay! Clean, comfortable, well-maintained, very friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff - we were a group of 3 vacationing in Texas and would definitely stay here again!
Coffee, sweet tea and ice water available at all times in the lobby and internet access for those travelling without laptops!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Catharine A
Thank you very much for your comments and we hope the next time you are traveling in Texas you stay with us.
Laredo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a very good and clean place to stay with the family for any activity your're visiting San Antonio Texas and it is also a great option for a very good price. Room design is pretty comfy. Clean hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are quiter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jorge M
Thank you very much for your comments and we hope to see you again on your next visit to San Antonio.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I recently stayed at this establishment during a business trip. I had an issue (my fault) that Erica, the front desk girl, resolved immediately and with a fantastic attitude. I expect that level of professionalism and courtesy from much more expensive hotels, so it was a pleasant surprise that I found it here with her. The room was clean, and while I would have liked a bit more variety with breakfast it was sufficient. All in all, I travel a lot so for me all I really want in a place is a quiet, clean room in a quiet, clean environment. I got both of those here, but what blew me away was the level of customer service I was given by the staff. Usually you don't see people referred to by name unless it's bad, due to her phenomenal attitude, professionalism, courtesy and competence I wanted to give Erica credit. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Terratrav
I want to thank you on behalf of all of the staff and management at the Comfort Suites, we try very hard to give the best customer service possible and to hear comments like yours is wonderful. We are currently going through a renovation so we hope the next time your in our area you stay with us and experience the new look of our hotel including experiencing that customer service you received and will always receive.
Wiesbaden, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Absolute worst stay ever. After arriving on an international flight Monday afternoon, it's now Wednesday morning and I STILL don't have hot water in my hotel room. The afternoon staff makes light of it, saying they just need to reset the water heaters, but when I call in the mornings, the morning staff has no idea how to fix the problem, only saying "I don't know anything about showers," no offering to allow me to shower in another room, move my room or anything. Also, I feel very unsafe here. There are some unsavory characters in and around the hotel, and there is damage on the door indicating someone tried to pry it open with a crow bar. Hotel is noisy (train right outside my room) and breakfast is medicore at best. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tony V, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
I am so glad we had a chance to speak today and get to the bottom of the issues. Thank you for your understanding and knowing that we will do everything to ensure that mistakes do not occur, and if they do, we will act appropriately to correct them and to make amends with our valued customers. We have made the necessary changes, we have improved, and we are waiting for your return to benefit from our unending hospitality. Thank you.