This was a good hotel for a business trip and probably would be good with the family as well. The back of the hotel lets out onto the Riverwalk in a quieter portion of town. A quick stroll brings you to the noisier portion of the Riverwalk where most of the shops, restaurants and other hotels are. I'm glad I stayed at the Courtyard as it was not directly affected by the noise of the Riverwalk nightlife, although I suppose if I had been in a people watching mood, I might have enjoyed staying closer to the heart of the Riverwalk. My room was comfortable and clean, with high speed internet access, a little refrigerator, large bathroom, comfortable king-sized bed, a fold-out couch/bed and a tiny balcony overlooking the Riverwalk with a view of one of the old churches of the city. The hotel is close enough to everything that I enjoyed walking, especially along the Riverwalk away from the street traffic. As a runner, I found the location on the Riverwalk ideal as I had the opportunity to take a pleasant run up to the new Museum Reach area of the Riverwalk; early in the morning it was quiet and full of nice landscaping, plants, and flowers. A very enjoyable run.
The staff at the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk are top notch; friendly, helpful and inviting. The lobby was nice and comfortable, but I will admit I would have appreciated complimentary coffee all day. I had breakfast in their airy and sunny dining area; you can even sit on a balcony above the Riverwalk. I also tried out their fitness room which was serviceable. It has a few cardio machines, some yoga mats, swiss balls, a single bench and a free weight rack that goes up to 50 pound dumbbells. If you're a real gym rat, you may be disappointed, but at least you can get your heart rate up a bit.
Overall, this is a good place to stay in downtown San Antonio. I would be happy to go back to the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk hotel is centrally located next to shopping and dining on the historic San Antonio Riverwalk. The spacious guest rooms in our San Antonio hotel offer sweeping views of the city and are only minutes from popular attractions, including the Alamo, Majestic Theatre, the Alamodome and Hemisfair Park. Unique among hotels near the San Antonio Riverwalk, our state-of-the art lobby offers inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect., which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Enjoy the amenities of our San Antonio, TX Riverwalk hotel, from catching up on work in our business center to relaxing in our pool or staying in shape in our fitness center. It's a new stay at the Courtyard Riverwalk hotel by Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk Texas