“Staying On the Riverwalk” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #45 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Staying On the Riverwalk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a lovely historic hotel in a great location. (The back door leads to the Riverwalk itself.) The front-desk people were very pleasant. And the room was really large and very clean.

On the downside, the view from my room was of an airshaft. A view of the Riverwalk would have been lovely. (I guess being a Marriott Silver Member doesn't cut it.)

And the parking was $31 per day. That couldn't be avoided, and it's in line with big-city prices, but it's annoying nonetheless. (The parking guys remind you each time that you should call 15 or 20 minutes in advance to get your car. Take that seriously. They have to run to a garage three blocks away to retrieve a car.)

I would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jackcatscal
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. As a Marriott Rewards Silver Elite member your loyalty to Marriott is more than evident and greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately due to the buildings awkward positioning a number of our rooms have a limited view from the guestroom. We do have a limited supply of rooms with a balcony that overlook the Riverwalk or downtown San Antonio.

My associates and I strive to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible, I was happy to see in your comments that the Front Desk took care of your needs. We hope to see you again real soon.

Dinesh Rao

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here briefly last week for a quick trip. The rooms were spacious and the beds very comforatable. I am pleased I chose to stay here. I will come back one day. All the staff eager to assist you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the valuable feedback and rating. My associates and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to San Antonio.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Staff went out of their way to assist, especially the young men at valet. Carlos stood out as one who anticipated my needs before I knew I had them, and helped make my girlfriend's birthday special. Thanks to all the staff, especially valet!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit to the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk.

Your feedback regarding Carlos' assistance is greatly appreciated, he will be recognized for his efforts to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice, quiet riverwalk property. Would definitely stay there again. Clean rooms, nice large lobby and waterfront patio. Stayed on 5th floor overlooking riverwalk but you also get a view of the top of the building across the way, so I'd recommend trying down a couple floors to help eliminate that view. Still, I'm glad we went for the balcony (riverfront view vs. city view is first come first serve, so we asked for it upon check-in). Also, the small pool is outdoors on the 3rd floor but is shadowed by buildings, so sun is only hitting it directly during the middle of the day. Bistro is limited menu but adequate in a pinch. They offer a few Starbucks brews as well. I'd highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Choose lower floors (below 5th) if trying for river walk balcony view, as the higher you go the more...
Green Features: I saw lots of signs noting all they do to recycle and help with the environment.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time comment on your recent visit to the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. Your rating and feedback are greatly appreciated. My associates and I strive to provide a positive experience to every guest that chooses to stay with us, we are happy we once again succeeded during your recent stay. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to San Antonio in the near future.

Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here one night for business in May 2014. I admit that my visit was extremely brief, but the lobby was clean, the front desk staff was friendly, attentive, and provided excellent service, and my room was exactly what I expected. I was in and out of the hotel in under 12 hours, but based on the location, the friendliness of the staff, and the quality and cleanliness of the room, I would stay here again on my next visit to San Antonio.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DCWP
draolv, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent visit to the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. Whether for business or leisure my team and I strive to provide the best possible service and room to meet every guests needs. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to San Antonio in the near future.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Offers everything you'd expect in a Courtyard by Marriott! Great and friendly staff, clean and neat, wireless internet, and close to the river walk! They provide a very secure environment by requiring use of the room key to ride the elevator.

Room Tip: Loved the idea that you had to use your room key to operate the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sigmada
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Courtyard San Antonio Riverwalk. Your rating and feedback are greatly appreciated. My team and I take guest security and comfort a top priority and appreciate you noticing our efforts. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to San Antonio in the near future.

Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

You can always rely on a Courtyard to deliver a clean, Marriott type experience and this Courtyard doesn't disappoint.

It appears to have been updated with their new model- breakfast and bar in lobby, small check in area and nice meet and greet area.

Regarding location, this hotel is a block and a few stairs away from the Riverwalk and the Riverwalk boat tour so VERY convenient. Parking is an issue in this part of the city and expensive at the Courtyard. Staff- very helpful and provided us great info on the town. Would Recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front street.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for allowing my team and I to host you during recent visit to San Antonio. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team as we all take great pride in providing a positive experience for every guest that stays with us. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to San Antonio in the near future.