Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Wyndham Riverside Suites(San Antonio)
View Hotel
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
  • Pool
All reviewshistoric hotelhouston restaurantrobert johnsonthe river walkthe club loungefront deskmajestic theaterhouston streetlots of historystreet noisebeautiful lobbyan older hotelvalet parkingtwo blocksmini fridgeper daydowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel is very pretty and the room was nice enough. There seemed to be a few too many problems, though. They couldn't get the room service menus straight. There was a Breakfast in Bed menu list on the bed when I arrived. Said to check off your choices and put on the outer door by 2 a.m. and to check off the time you wanted the meal to arrive. I posted mine by 11 p.m. - and nothing. Wasn't even picked up, much less delivered. Then that evening, my door key no longer worked and the A/C blew hot. TWO men came up and slid the key through the malfunctioning lock. Nothing. Seriously? My card sliding skills are impeccable, lol. It was the key - not me! Took over an hour to bring me a new key card - and the same thing happened two doors down to another woman. Those complaints said, the staff was always extremely polite and tried hard to be helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Cindi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. I would like to truly apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We will use your feedback to monitor the quality of the key lock and A/C and will take opportunities to improve. I am pleased that the staff worked hard to ensure you had a pleasant stay. I hope that we have a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is very nice, unfortunately it was being worked on. I had a room where it seemed a little old. The bed was nice and comfy, but the carpet seemed old and dirty.There was trash in the room when i arrived. The parking was across the street and I had to pay for it. I prob would not stay again until all the renovation is done.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. Please know that we will use your feedback as an opportunity to improve the guest room experience. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed here several times. They have recently remodeled their lobby and it still holds to the time it was built, but with an added uniqueness of current design. We love eating out by the street in their cafe. Very comfortable beds and conveniently located near Riverwalk, Buckhorn and Museum.

We informed them it was our anniversary and they delivered complimentary strawberries to our room. This was not expected at all!

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevator and they accomodated us gladly.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Monica,
I am so pleased that you were able to share your special anniversary trip with us! I am so pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated space and found Market on Houston to be tasty! We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

As someone who grew up in San Antonio, I was glad to see the renovations on this old historic hotel. The lobby, bar and restaurant all look great downstairs. The hotel is in a central location downtown and a very short walk to the River Walk. I'm not a fan of the rooms which is why my rating is as low as it is . The decor could use some serious updating. The bathrooms were small and dated but I expected that. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. Not a bad experience overall but I prefer something more modern.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Tim,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am pleased that you enjoyed the renovation throughout the public spaces and that you found the bedding to be comfortable. We have made note of your comments about the decor in the rooms for future refreshes and improvements. I hope that we have a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were lucky to get a room at the last minute and were quite happy with our stay. The room was nice but I expected a little more "luxury" in the bath and vanity. That area could use an update! The lobby is lovely and the staff was very pleasant. However, the location is top-notch!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Sheraton Gunter Hotel San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Curious Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. Thank you for the feedback about the vanity area, we will use it for future improvements. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Sheraton Gunter