“Quality 5 Star Service!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #33 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Quality 5 Star Service!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I spent 5 days on a personal trip by myself. From the moment I entered the lobby, I was greeted with smiles and was made to feel immediately welcomed after a 14 hour trip from Puerto Rico. Everyday, the concierge Destiny who worked the 3-11 shift always had a warm smile and ready for any of my questions. The breakfast staff was equally accommodating and I truly felt as if I were home with family. I would recommend this hotel to everyone! The bonus also being the beautiful city of San Antonio and its beautiful Riverwalk and the Alamo. I can't wait to visit and stay again at Homewood Suites!!!

Always,
Maribel Ramos
San Sebastián, PR

• Stayed August 2012
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. Our guests 100% satisfaction is our goal. From your comments, it sounds like we hit our mark! I will make sure to pass along your praise to Destiny and make sure she is recognized for her exceptional customer service. Thank you for staying with us and if your travels bring you back to San Antonio, we hope to have you as our guest again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Spent 3 days for business convention and visit with family. Beautifully run hotel from top to bottom. I had some changes in my reservation and number of people staying with me, but the hotel was extremely accommodating and understanding and helped me work it out. Room was wonderful, spacious, clean, comfortable. All staff from front desk to maintenance to valet were friendly, helpful and treated us as though we were staying at the Ritz ! Very nice breakfast and evening buffet --- huge dining area overlooking the river. Servers were attentive to our every need, including questions about our gluten allergies some of us have -- just can't say enough. Valet service second to none and worth every cent of the cost. Nice pool area on the roof with great views of city, (plus handicapped chair lift into pool---WOW!) nice exercise room, nice business center. Entire place was well-maintained, bright, cheery, with welcoming atmosphere from everyone. We all felt very much at home, very well taken care of, and would highly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: "Spa" I'm intending to mean pool, exercise room. 8th floor room very quiet, but...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LornaG291
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review in detail your recent experience at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that my staff was able to accommodate your requests and that you had a positive experience while staying with us. We appreciate your business and hope that you will choose to stay with us next time your travels bring you to San Antonio.
nyc
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I just got back from a 5 night stay and would recommend this hotel for families. The room has a separate area with a pullout sofa so it works well. Note though, the bathroom is inside the bedroom so not quite private. The staff here were very helpful. Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable. Valet is an issue, one morning we were told 25 minutes to get our car - not convenient. The breakfast every morning is good for families, Saturday mornings tend to be very busy and the hotel really should put out additional servings to avoid running out of things. The dining room overlooks the riverwalk which made for a very nice view every morning. All in all would stay here again if coming with kids or on business, not if you are looking for a romantic get away.

1 Thank Coleen S
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay with us. Regarding the valet operation, there are peak times where it will take longer to retrieve your vehicle, especially during high leisure demand periods such as spring break and the summer months. Since we are such a good choice for families, during these high demand times we will have more people (including children) in and around the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My son and I just returned from San Antonio .It was our first visit to the city and we didn't rent a car because we wanted a hotel in a central location which we could walk to everything and we definitely found it at Homewood . The breakfast was a nice selection of food and the Monday through Thursday buffet and beer and wine reception was very nice as well. Hotel staff extremely helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for higher level floors and ones that face river walk if you want to avoid morning noise from st...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you found our hotel to be centrally located. We are in the middle of everything and literally blocks from most downtown attractions. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have you as our guest in the near future.
East Coast
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Very nice hotel. If I could do half stars, I'd give it 4.5. There is only valet parking available ($23 a night), but I thought it was nice that the valet told us of other parking nearby that was less expensive if we did not want to spend that much (we opted to stay with valet). Our top floor suite was very spacious, with a small kitchen and living room, bedroom, bath with separate sink area, and a separate, large dressing area. Everything was clean and well maintained. The beds were comfortable, though a bit on the softer side. Lots of fluffy pillows on each bed (a big plus to me because I hate it when a hotel is stingy with pillows). We liked having the separate room so that kids could watch one TV while adults watched another. Being on the top floor, there was virtually no noise in the room, and we slept soundly. There was a small, heated rooftop pool (no whirlpool), and some lounge chairs to sit in and soak up the sun. Morning breakfast was free every day, and in the atrium overlooking River Walk, so the view was excellent. Week nights there was a tasty free buffet dinner and cocktails (the food was good, the beer, wine and frozen margaritas were just okay). There was a small workout room in the basement, as well as guest laundry facilities. We made use of the small business area to check on our flight and print out our boarding passes. There was a small convenience shop next to the front desk. Prices were pretty high, but you're paying for the convenience of 24 hours. Staff was super friendly and helped us on several occasions with directions to various attractions and recommendations for restaurants. The location couldn't be better. It's central to River Walk, but on the quieter side, and only a few blocks from the Alamo. We didn't need to use our rental car once (only when arriving and leaving). The only (very minor) negative was that the elevator was very slow. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your very detailed review of your recent stay with us. You certainly hit on every aspect of the hotel! I apologize for the slowness of the elevators. This typically only happens during the peak hours of check in/out. We appreciate your business and hope to have you as our guest in the future.
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 27 March 2013

For me, this is in a perfect location. Right on the Riverwalk! But at the same time, not right across the river from a noisy bar!

Also, super friendly valet staff. Travelling by motorcycle is different than travelling by car. There have been times when I have showed up someplace (that requires valet parking) and they look at me like I just landed a spaceship - or worse: They want to park it... Sorry bud, you're not touching my bike... Anyway, these guys knew the drill and had me tuck it off in a safe corner and didn't try to snatch my keys. Perfect!

Now what matters to most people, the accommodations. As you should expect from the Hilton line, the duvet was freshly laundered. I like that! Also, these are true suites. Like a mini home away from home.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank xJEFFROx
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you so much for providing this review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our valet team took excellent care of you and your motorcycle. I will share your feedback with them. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your business.
Shorewood, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 March 2013

In Short - I would recommend this hotel. The location is very convenient and the suite-style rooms are very comfortable. The service and cleanliness of the hotel were great. The downside is the noisy in-room cooling system.

I stayed here Mon-Thurs nights with 4 girlfriends. The suite-style rooms were great for us because we had plenty of room in terms of the bedrooms, bathrooms, and storage space.

The sitting area in our room could accommodate our group, we had everything we needed in the mini-kitchen, and the seating and tables were useful. You could also get together in the seating area down stairs.

The beds were comfortable and the bedding and pillows were good quality. A big negative was that the cooling system was quite noisy - coming off and on throughout the night. Sometimes it became quite hot in the room before it came back on.

The room was otherwise quite quiet - I did not hear anyone from the hallway, other rooms, or outside. We were on the 8th floor.

The Mon-Thurs nightly reception was a nice perk and the food/beverage calendar was available online and in our room. The breakfast was decent with some hot items and some cold. The staff was constantly working to keep everything stocked.

The common area where the reception was held and breakfast was served was very nice with tall windows running its length with a view of the river and Riverwalk. There were a variety of seating configurations to accommodate different party sizes.

The suites and common areas were kept very clean and the staff members were very friendly and helpful. For example, we needed advice about how best to get to the King William area and the staff person we spoke to gave us good tips and directions.

We never had to wait very long for an elevator which was nice!

The pool was decent, but nothing special. The picture on the hotel web site is accurate. It is clean and the chairs are decent, but it is quite small and plain. There is no shade of any kind, I imagine because it can get windy up there and any umbrellas etc would blow away.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear our hotel worked out well for you and your girlfriends. I apologize for the noisy air conditioning in your suite. I am sure that is something my maintenance team can take care of right away. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites and we hope to have you as our guest next time you are in San Antonio.