Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #34 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Arlington, Texas
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I was in San Antonio for a convention. It was so relaxing and peaceful to come back to the hotel each evening. The staff was extremely friendly and very efficient. Even though the hotel was completely booked, the wait was not long to check in, check out or to get my car from the valet. I was impressed!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for this review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that our hotel worked well for you while you were attending a convention in San Antonio. We appreciate your business and hope you will choose to stay with us next time you are in San Antonio.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I read a number of reviews before booking this hotel to book a riverview room. As a diamond member, I get to reserve the room I want the night before, However, I had no idea what room numbers were riverview, hence the title of this review.

I stayed here in February, 2014. The first night we did not have hot water, but the hotel management was nice enough to offer me 10000 Hhonors points for the inconvenience.

Breakfast: Meh, nothing special here. But in least there were not hordes of kids to have to wait behind to get it.

Room:

This is another hotel where they fail to realize an outlet should be available near the radio so I can charge my phone while I use the input jack on the radio. Other than that, no problems. The suite was comfortable.

WiFI, good connection speeds. I don't remember what I received, but it was swift enough to stream movies to my phone which I could then play on the TV. Good times! I did not find an ethernet cable I could use so if there is lousy wifi in your roiom you may be out of luck.

Manager's REception: Ok, an entree, salad, and a side. Beer, wine, and a Margarita machine.

Have fun!

Room Tip: Riverview rooms end in X00; X01; X02; X16; X17; X18
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank We_love_to_Journey
Thank you for taking the time to post this review! I am glad you were able to use eCheck- in which is a benefit of being a Hilton Honors Diamond member. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the hot water in your suite but I am pleased my staff made things right for you. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.
Bowling Green, KY
Reviewed 10 February 2014

On river-walk and within walking distance to restaurants. Parking for this hotel is valet only but I believe but did not use the parking structure across and slightly down the street. The structure might be cheaper than valet.
I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking this time to post this review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that our hotel worked well for you needs and that you will stay with us again. We appreciate your business and do look forward to your return.
Whitney, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was a great stay and had great staff, would stay here again. The only negative is the fitness center is extremely small. Overall had a great experience at this hotel, the location to the river walk is great and easy to get to the river walk in a hurry to enjoy the sites.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for posting this review of your recent stay with us. While our exercise facility is on the small size, we do have many of the machines and free weights that our guests require to get that workout in while on the road. Thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here one night and loved it! Somehow we got a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite for the price of a regular 1 bedroom. Buffet breakfast is included. Cocktail hour and light dinner is included. The dining area overlooks the river walk. It is just a few steps away to get down to the river. The parking is on the high side, at $25 per night, but we enjoyed the stay so much, we really didn't mind.
We walked the River Walk a bit, we went to Mission San Jose (interesting). We also thoroughly enjoyed the Tower view and the 4D movie about TX that was included.
We will return there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. We truly appreciate the feedback. We know that feedback from our guests is an integral part of our success. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We hope you will stay with us next time you are in San Antonio.
spring, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The accommodations were acceptable and clean. All was good until I was checking out. The valet manager will charge you an additional 12$ on top of the already staggering $25 a day if you leave after 2pm.

2 Thank tommy r
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our suites were acceptable as well as clean. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the valet staff. The $25 fee you paid was actually for the night(s) of your stay. The valet company will let our guests keep their vehicles in the garage until 2 pm the day of departure without any additional fee. This is actually a 3 hour extension after the hotels check out time. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites and we do hope you will stay with us next time you are in San Antonio.
indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is a very nice hotel located perfectly for the city, I would always stay here. I enjoyed the amenities that they provided and the service and hotel were top notch. Hilton should be very proud of this location.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and that you won't stay anywhere else. This really let's us know we are doing our jobs when our guests tell us this. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your return!