1,371 results
All reviews frozen margaritas the river valet parking rooftop pool evening reception light dinner two bedroom suite full kitchen convention center living area within walking distance great place to stay san antonio riverwalk breakfast and dinner complimentary breakfast valet service waffles
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Awesome breakfast included saves money. Comfortable bed, large quiet suite. Rooftop pool ! Great location on the bank of Riverwalk and close to the Amphitheater. Would stay again at this hotel. $25 charge for parking added.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our large breakfast and that it help to save you money. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guests in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The first room I was given I felt closed in due to there not being a window in the bedroom. The window was located in the living area. I talked with the front desk and my room was changed immediately. After the change I enjoyed my stay. The room was quite and met all my expectations. The staff made me feel welcome and greeted me each time I returned. Sites were with in walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post this review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the suite not having a window in the bedroom. This suite is unique in that it is the only one like this in the hotel. Since the hotel was built inside of an existing building, there are many unique and different floor plans here at the Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business and hope to have you as our guests in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Was not impressed with the location - very deceiving on the Hilton site - says its on the riverwalk which it "technically" is, but its on the back end of the riverwalk with no restaurants, people, or lights - I felt it was not in a safe area, and ended up taking cabs everywhere - The room itself was fine and the staff were polite, but I would not stay there again - location, location, location

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa G
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. The Homewood Suites Riverwalk Hotel is located on the quiet end of the river walk. There are quite a few hotels in this immediate area. This area is just as safe as any other area of the river walk. As with any big city, I advise my guests to always be aware of their surroundings. We appreciate your business and your review.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Homewood Suites San Antonio on the Riverbank is at an excellent location, just short walk to the restaurants and attractions in the Riverbank area, but away from the congestion and noise. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the suites were spacious with complete furnished kitchen facilities. Add a full hot breakfast and evening light meals with wine, beer and margaritas and you have a wonderful experience on the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 366MartinM

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our hotel and location worked out perfectly for you. We pride ourselves on our staff. They take ownership and love making sure our guests leave feeling satisfied. Thank you so much for your business. We hope to have you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We decided on a spur-of-the-moment trip to San Antonio, where we'd always enjoyed staying at the Palacio Del Rio or the Hyatt, both of which were booked. We chose this one because the pictures looked great and it was on the river. We should have looked more closely at the map.
When we pulled in, my wife and I looked at the neighborhood and the facade of the hotel and said, "Should be go somewhere else?" Several men stood nearby talking and smoking while the valet parking attendant (that's all the hotel offers) took our car in the dark, dirty driveway. Inside the hotel things were different--very helpful desk clerk, nice room. The room was comfortable, but bus traffic outside the window (we were on the 5th floor) was noisy until midnight and started again at 5 AM.
We walked down the river for dinner--and walked, and walked, and walked. We were nowhere near the restaurants, and unless we were going to the Arneson River Theatre (which was closed for construction) much of anything else.
The "hot breakfast" was a typical cold breakfast with scrambled eggs in one contained, bacon and potatoes in the other, neither very hot at all.
Bottom line, we left after one day, sorry that the hotel didn't totally live up to the positive comments everyone else had made.

Room Tip: If you stay, ask for the top floor, preferably away from the bus traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard M

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. The Homewood Suites Riverwalk is built inside the Historic San Antonio Drug Company building. The building is a fine example of the Chicago Mercantile style. It was decided to keep the structure and build the hotel inside of it instead of tearing the building down and starting from scratch. I think this was a wise decision. We are actually only two blocks from all of the bars and restaurants the river walk has to offer. Any member of my staff would be glad to point you in the right direction to get to where you want to go. Thank you again for your input. We truly appreciate your time.