1,360 results
All reviewsfrozen margaritasthe rivergreat locationvalet parkingrooftop poolevening receptionlight dinnertwo bedroom suiteconvention centerliving areafull kitchengreat place to staysan antonio riverwalkwithin walking distancebreakfast and dinnercomplimentary breakfastvalet service
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I visited this hotel with my wife and 2 year old daughter and we loved it. The outside looks a little old which I came to find on the river walk boat tour is true. It is an old façade that has been renovated twice so don't let the outside concern you. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. Our room was perfect for letting my daughter sleep in her pack and play crib in one room and my wife and I could still stay up in the other room and watch TV.
The breakfast buffet was great and they changed it up each morning.
If you are there on the weekdays (not Friday) there is even a free happy hour which was nice on our first day there to get a few margaritas and watch the river boats go by.
The rooms were cleaned well and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were a little fluffy for my tastes but that is a minor complaint when everything else is perfect.
The location is on the river walk but not necessarily where all of the restaurants are. However, walking two blocks with my wife and daughter we were right in the heart of everything and the area felt safe (something that matters a lot to us).
The valet would also provide us with water when we were either coming or going which was a nice touch. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you very much for posting this extensive review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for pointing out that we are actually only two short blocks to all the restaurants and bars the river walk has to offer. I am very pleased that our hotel worked out well for you and your family. We hope to see you back as our guests in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Awesome breakfast included saves money. Comfortable bed, large quiet suite. Rooftop pool ! Great location on the bank of Riverwalk and close to the Amphitheater. Would stay again at this hotel. $25 charge for parking added.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our large breakfast and that it help to save you money. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guests in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The first room I was given I felt closed in due to there not being a window in the bedroom. The window was located in the living area. I talked with the front desk and my room was changed immediately. After the change I enjoyed my stay. The room was quite and met all my expectations. The staff made me feel welcome and greeted me each time I returned. Sites were with in walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post this review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the suite not having a window in the bedroom. This suite is unique in that it is the only one like this in the hotel. Since the hotel was built inside of an existing building, there are many unique and different floor plans here at the Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business and hope to have you as our guests in the near future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Was not impressed with the location - very deceiving on the Hilton site - says its on the riverwalk which it "technically" is, but its on the back end of the riverwalk with no restaurants, people, or lights - I felt it was not in a safe area, and ended up taking cabs everywhere - The room itself was fine and the staff were polite, but I would not stay there again - location, location, location

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa G
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. The Homewood Suites Riverwalk Hotel is located on the quiet end of the river walk. There are quite a few hotels in this immediate area. This area is just as safe as any other area of the river walk. As with any big city, I advise my guests to always be aware of their surroundings. We appreciate your business and your review.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Homewood Suites San Antonio on the Riverbank is at an excellent location, just short walk to the restaurants and attractions in the Riverbank area, but away from the congestion and noise. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the suites were spacious with complete furnished kitchen facilities. Add a full hot breakfast and evening light meals with wine, beer and margaritas and you have a wonderful experience on the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 366MartinM

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our hotel and location worked out perfectly for you. We pride ourselves on our staff. They take ownership and love making sure our guests leave feeling satisfied. Thank you so much for your business. We hope to have you back as our guest in the near future.