1,371 results
All reviews frozen margaritas the river valet parking rooftop pool evening reception light dinner two bedroom suite full kitchen convention center living area within walking distance great place to stay san antonio riverwalk breakfast and dinner complimentary breakfast valet service waffles
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were a group of 3 females from the UK staying at Homewood Suites whilst at a conference. The suites are very convenient for the short walk to the convention centre. Luckily we each had our own suite, which was all different in lay out but very generous in size. My only negative comment about the room was that the air conditioning unit was very loud and rattled a lot. I was convinced that there was someone living in it. Although it wasn’t a real problem as the room was cool enough to sleep without it.

Staying for 7 nights we made full use of the facilities. Breakfast provides a good choice of options, we enjoyed waffle days. We also made full use of the evening free wine, beer and margaritas’. We didn’t eat any of the evening food as we dine out but it looked popular and would be ideal if we were travelling with our families. Having the roof top pool was a nice way to spend an hour post conference to relax with a beer.

Previous reviews had stated that the suites were not that close to the river walk. You have the choice of using the steps right next to the suites or walk across a couple of blocks and join there. As an all female group we felt safe at all times and walked everywhere.

Staff at the suites were very welcoming and helpful especially Destiny and Laura. It was great to see that all the staff appeared to enjoy their work from the waiting staff at breakfast, maintenance guys through to housekeeping. I know wifi is free a lot in the USA but as a Brit it was great to have free access in the hotel.

I would certainly recommend Homewood suites and if I return with my family would definitely book again.

Room Tip: I had room 806 which was slightly lacking in a view but high enough to avoid noise from the street. The kitchen and lounge didn't receive any daylight so spent most of the time watching TV in the bedroom.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. Feedback from our guests is paramount to our success. I apologize for the noisy air conditioning unit you experienced. I will have my maintenance team take care of that right away. I appreciate you pointing out that we are close to the river walk (actually right on it) and that you felt safe walking everywhere. I will thank both Laura and Destiny for taking great care of you. Lastly, thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hilton did not let us down. The location is great. On the riverwalk, conveniently located but at the quieter end. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the staff were great, very friendly, especially the desk clerk that checked us in. "Destiny" went above and beyond to make us informed of the area and secured our luggage until our room was ready. We read that breakfast was included with the room, but did not expect the full variety and service of other venues with included breakfast and daily happy hour during the week with beer, wine and margaritas with what they called a lite meal........it was a full meal to us and good ! It helped when you just wanted to hang back instead of fight the crowds at the many riverwalk restaurants. Rooms refreshed daily and they offered to go grocery shopping for you if you wanted to cook in your room. Will definitely choose this hotel again when in San Antonio!

Room Tip: There was not a restaurant that you could order off of a menu....but why?......there were so many all around! and I did not order room service, so I could not comment
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of the full breakfast buffet as well as the evening meal which we serve Monday-Thursday. These really are a great way to save on you vacation/travel budget. I will thank Destiny for taking great care of you. Thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hilton is always a guaranteed great stay. This trip was no different! The hotel was perfect on the riverwalk and the rooms most comfortable. I would stay here again. I stayed with my family to visit UTSA. The location was 15 minutes away. It is an easy drive to campus.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for this review of you recent stay with us. We are conveniently located to the downtown UTSA campus and have many guests who stay with us while checking out the school. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

You are on the river, so it's very convenient. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Free hot breakfast everyday and dinner and drinks during the week. Valet parking right in front. The rooms are large, will plenty of amenities. They will even bring groceries to your room! Everything was VERY outdated though. Horrible colors and plastic type "leather" couch. It needed to be redecorated badly. Like most Hilton hotels the WIFI was awful! We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting this review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and evening meal (Mon.-Thur.) and that our staff was friendly and helpful. I apologize if you felt our furnishings were outdated. The furnishings are actually fairly new but some guests don't agree with the decorating scheme. We do appreciate your business and hope you will consider staying with us next time you are in San Antonio.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a Bachelorette Party on the Riverwalk. Our room was affordable especially for the number of guests it accommodates. Everything was clean and in great condition. My only complaint was there was not a luggage cart available during our check in and we had lots of luggage.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for this review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that our hotel worked well for your bachelorette party. Our suites are quite spacious. I apologize for not having a bell cart available for you when you checked in. This does not happen very often but occasionally, our guests all check in at once causing excessive demand for the carts. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business.