1,381 results
All reviews frozen margaritas the river valet parking rooftop pool evening reception two bedroom suite light dinner full kitchen convention center living area within walking distance great place to stay san antonio riverwalk breakfast and dinner complimentary breakfast valet service waffles
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family and I stayed at this property March 19-21, 2014. Upon arrival, at 3:15 PM, the valet greeted us with a smile and quickly and professionally assisted us in unpacking the car. This property's location is quite nice, it was quiet in the evenings however it was a quick walk to the action. The desk staff was friendly. The lobby was clean, nicely decorated, comfortable to lounge in, and smelled of "rose water."

We were told our room was not ready, that we could check the bags, and we would be called when the room was ready. We checked the bags, left a number where we could be reached and left the hotel to do some sightseeing. We returned to the hotel at 7:15-7:30, having heard nothing, to find the room ready. We booked a two room, three bed suite, as I have at other properties in the past. This particular room was nothing more than two separate adjoined rooms, which lends itself to an awkward layout. While housekeeping did a fine job, the room itself looked poorly kept. The furniture was well worn and "wobbly." The bed felt saggy and worn.The baths were small, worn and the caulking mildewed. We found breakfast lacking and underwhelming, more in keeping with a budget hotel. Had we been staying longer than two nights we would have moved to a different hotel. This room genuinely felt "old and worn."

After looking through the positive reviews for this hotel on this and other sites, it seems as we had the "family room." The room reserved for those travelling with children. A room beaten and bruised by tiny feet. I am disappointed in myself for spending $465.84 a night here.

In summary, the prime location was not enough to justify the premium price.

In comparison, the Hyatt House, two bedroom, three bed suite we stayed in on the last night of our trip at a THIRD the price, was twice the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenneth R
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear our staff took great care of you upon your arrival. I apologize if you felt your suite felt "old and worn" and I will certainly share your comments with the ownership of the property. It is my hope that you mentioned your issues with a member of my team and they were able to assist you in making things right. If not, please feel free to reach out to me. We truly appreciate you staying with us and will work hard to earn back your business.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites several times and it's been consistently a great experience. The rooms/suites are comfortable and always very clean. The staff is polite and helpful. Great value for the price. Well managed -- we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silvia A

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your repeat business and hope to have you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were a group of 3 females from the UK staying at Homewood Suites whilst at a conference. The suites are very convenient for the short walk to the convention centre. Luckily we each had our own suite, which was all different in lay out but very generous in size. My only negative comment about the room was that the air conditioning unit was very loud and rattled a lot. I was convinced that there was someone living in it. Although it wasn’t a real problem as the room was cool enough to sleep without it.

Staying for 7 nights we made full use of the facilities. Breakfast provides a good choice of options, we enjoyed waffle days. We also made full use of the evening free wine, beer and margaritas’. We didn’t eat any of the evening food as we dine out but it looked popular and would be ideal if we were travelling with our families. Having the roof top pool was a nice way to spend an hour post conference to relax with a beer.

Previous reviews had stated that the suites were not that close to the river walk. You have the choice of using the steps right next to the suites or walk across a couple of blocks and join there. As an all female group we felt safe at all times and walked everywhere.

Staff at the suites were very welcoming and helpful especially Destiny and Laura. It was great to see that all the staff appeared to enjoy their work from the waiting staff at breakfast, maintenance guys through to housekeeping. I know wifi is free a lot in the USA but as a Brit it was great to have free access in the hotel.

I would certainly recommend Homewood suites and if I return with my family would definitely book again.

Room Tip: I had room 806 which was slightly lacking in a view but high enough to avoid noise from the street. The kitchen and lounge didn't receive any daylight so spent most of the time watching TV in the bedroom.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. Feedback from our guests is paramount to our success. I apologize for the noisy air conditioning unit you experienced. I will have my maintenance team take care of that right away. I appreciate you pointing out that we are close to the river walk (actually right on it) and that you felt safe walking everywhere. I will thank both Laura and Destiny for taking great care of you. Lastly, thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hilton did not let us down. The location is great. On the riverwalk, conveniently located but at the quieter end. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the staff were great, very friendly, especially the desk clerk that checked us in. "Destiny" went above and beyond to make us informed of the area and secured our luggage until our room was ready. We read that breakfast was included with the room, but did not expect the full variety and service of other venues with included breakfast and daily happy hour during the week with beer, wine and margaritas with what they called a lite meal........it was a full meal to us and good ! It helped when you just wanted to hang back instead of fight the crowds at the many riverwalk restaurants. Rooms refreshed daily and they offered to go grocery shopping for you if you wanted to cook in your room. Will definitely choose this hotel again when in San Antonio!

Room Tip: There was not a restaurant that you could order off of a menu....but why?......there were so many all around! and I did not order room service, so I could not comment
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of the full breakfast buffet as well as the evening meal which we serve Monday-Thursday. These really are a great way to save on you vacation/travel budget. I will thank Destiny for taking great care of you. Thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hilton is always a guaranteed great stay. This trip was no different! The hotel was perfect on the riverwalk and the rooms most comfortable. I would stay here again. I stayed with my family to visit UTSA. The location was 15 minutes away. It is an easy drive to campus.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for this review of you recent stay with us. We are conveniently located to the downtown UTSA campus and have many guests who stay with us while checking out the school. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.