“Great staff, great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #25 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, United States
“Great staff, great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Overall lovely experience indicative of the Homewood brand. Helpful, friendly staff even during the crazy Fiesta festivities. Valet was also great and made every assurance my brand new car would be taken care of and come back ding-free. They were right!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I am truly pleased to hear we took great care of you during the Fiesta time period and that our valet's took great care of your vehicle. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you next year for Fiesta.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I'm a fan of Homewood Suites in general because I love the additional space and the convenience of not having to find breakfast locations in new cities. This hotel didn't disappoint and I'd recommend putting in on your radar for downtown San Antonio. The location on the Riverwalk is also great -- very nice walks to the Alamo and to a few other San Antonio attractions.

The only hotel-offered parking option is valet for $25. If you don't mind walking an additional 50 yards or so, there is a public parking lot a short walk east up Market Street for $16/24 hours.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dirtdog76
Thank you very much for posting this review of your stay with us. It is always great to hear the Homewood Suites brand has another fan. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendation. I would like to mention that while the public parking may be slightly less expensive, you do have to pay every time you come and go from the lot. Our valet parking is a one time fee per night. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you next time you are in San Antonio.
Spokane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was able to stay for one night during Fiesta celebration in room 710. I didn't know it was during the celebration and was a bit worried that it would be noisy and crowded. I was very pleasantly surprised at how calm, quiet, and utterly wonderful the hotel was during the very busy celebration. I arrived during the parade and was very happy with the rapid service and the cheerful front desk staff. I was up to my room in minutes. It has a large sitting room, dining table, kitchen cooking equipment, kitchen sink and a decent microwave. The bath contains a large shower with glass doors and a very tall shower head( very much appreciated by tall people). The sink was in the sleeping area with a nice granite counter top, decent lighting and space to spread out. The bed was comfortable and the lighting was good for reading. I was worried about the noise of the celebration extending into the night but I didn't hear anything, all night long. Breakfast was an extensive assortment of breakfast foods, decent coffee and fruit. There is a large dining area overlooking the riverwalk. Very pleasant, very relaxing. I was thrilled with my stay and will definitely choose this hotel again, if business brings me back to San Antonio. The front desk staff also went out of their way Saturday evening to help a technologically challenged old lady try to get her phone charger to work.

Room Tip: 710 is away from the elevators, is quiet but not much view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you very much for posting this review of your stay with us. I am truly pleased to hear you had a very pleasant stay with us during Fiesta. This is such a fun time to be in San Antonio and we are right in the heart of all of the action. Thank you very much for your business and we hope to have you back next time you are in San Antonio.
Rochester, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Clean, great location, breakfast and supper offered. Good food presented well in a clean environment, great friendly staff, great value. Would highly recommend. Special thanks to Victor, who couldn't have been nicer, answered all our questions and offered great advice. Really did not expect such a good experience!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you so much for posting this nice review of your stay with us. I am truly pleased to hear that you had a great experience while staying with us and that you would highly recommend us. This means so much to us as we know word of mouth advertising is critical to our success. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.
Saltillo, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed there with my wife and daughter over the easter weekend. The location is great, the price seems reasonable, the room had a lot of space, breakfast and manager reception were very good too.

The issue I'm still having is that the hotel charged the wrong credit card for my stay. We used my wife's honors account which has her work card tied to it. We specifically told the front desk attendant to not charge that card (which we didn't have with us and therefore she couldn't swipe) and charge my personal card. The charge was made to the wrong card and even though they corrected the charge, because of exchange rates now my wife has to do a lot of explaining at work for a minuscule amount difference.

I've been trying to get in contact with the assistant manager, Victor Ramirez, but I haven't been able to. I've left voicemails with my contact info and have not had a call back. I need to contact him or someone from management to help explain what happened.

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel a lot. The issues started once we checked out. It's too bad that a good experience can be ruined by this clerical mistake on their part that hasn't been followed-up on as I would expect.

If management for the hotel is reading this, please get in contact with me thru here since I don't know how to contact someone that can help me.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CMemoG
Thank you for completing this review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the issue you have experienced with your credit card and I personally know how frustrating it can be. Please rest assured we will get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. I have already sent you as message. Again, please accept our apology and thank you for choosing Homewood Suites.
houston,texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is one I stay at often. The location is Great on the River not to close to the Crowds but close enough to Great Places to eat and drink. Valet parking is better than trying to find your own parking downtown. I return every year and have yet to be disappointed

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank 906rudyg
Thank you very much for posting this review of your recent stay and for your repeat business. I truly means a lot to us to have our guests come back time and time again. Thank you very much for your business and we will see you next year.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Really liked this hotel. Check in was smooth, professional and very courteous. Finding my room was a little challenging as there were no clear directional signs on exiting the elevator, in fact the first thing that you saw was a room in front of you and as you looked right there was a sign that said "Electrical Room." It was a little quirky that you had to explore somewhat to find the room. The room was really spacious and very comfortable. It was also really clean, top marks as I really like to walk around and check. The public eating area was really well laid out overlooking the Riverwalk. I thought that the breakfast offering was adequate, though I've had more at other Hilton properties and the dinner offerings did not really interest me. The location of the hotel was great and within easy walking distance to the convention center. Also, the Riverwalk atmosphere in San Antonio is really cool with lots of restaurants and cafes. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank knobbiett
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. I am happy to hear your check in was smooth and that our staff took great care of you. I apologize for the lack of signage when you get off the elevator. Since the hotel is built inside an historic landmark, there are a few quirky things here and there but we feel it adds to the charm of the hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.