“Free dinner during the work week!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #34 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Breakfast and dinner were great, and they were both free. Yes, free. They offer free breakfast everyday, but Monday thru Thursday, they offer free dinner, as well. The costs of the room per night were not that much different from other hotels along the river walk and you get two free meals. You can't beat that. They staff were really friendly and helpful. It's within an easy walking distance to the convention center (and you can walk along the river walk, too, with easy access to it) and the Alamo. My only complaint is that they don't have outdoor seating. Also, if you want to be in the thick of things on the river walk, this place is not on it, but they are easily walked too. It's quiet rather, which for me was great. I'd go back and I've already recommended it to friends and co-workers.

Room Tip: During the week, they offer free breakfast and dinners, so if you are on a budget, this place is gre...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you very much for posting this review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for pointing out that we offer a free breakfast buffet daily and an evening meal Monday-Thursday. We are within walking distance to most downtown attractions including the convention center. Thank you for staying with us. we truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I chose this hotel due to its location on the riverwalk and due to its great price. I also really like that breakfast and internet is included. The staff was quite nice, at check-in and check-out as well as at breakfast. The fitness room (in the basement) was very basic but had the treadmill I needed. The breakfast was pretty extensive although could have used some more fresh fruit. The only real complaint, which is a serious one, is that the mattress was quite old and springy, and the sheets were very low quality. Good value for the price - new mattress and sheets would go a long way to make it a much better stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to partake in our complimentary breakfast buffet, complimentary wifi, and fitness room. I apologize if you experienced and issue with your mattress and sheets. I hope you mentioned these issues to a member of my staff while you were with us so that they could address your concerns. I you were unable to speak with anyone, please reach out to me so that I can assist. Thank you for your business! We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband called this property to book a two bedroom suite for us, a colleague and spouse. When we arrived, we were quickly checked in but our suite was a two room suite with two beds in one room, and a kitchenette in the other. We called the front desk, getting the manager, Victor. We told him of the situation. We asked him to get us into the correct suite. He said he would move us, but would not honor the price we had been quoted and paid - he would do it for an additional $160. We also thought his telling us that "we should pay better attention next time" was SUPER RUDE for a manager in a service business. When we brought our bags down to leave, we were informed that we were being moved to the requested lodging at the same price, but by that time, we had booked the other Hilton and his ill manners had left a bad feeling. He would not even come out and greet us, but had a front desk person say that he was moving us without further charge. He had her give us his business card but never showed his face.

So we called the Hilton Honors phone, and they got us into the Hilton down the way. This turned out to be a great blessing as that property was much better located on the riverwalk, more modern, and we had great attention from the staff at the restaurants and front desks.

We are frequent travelers and were disappointed and shocked at the behavior of Hilton management. But they were redeemed at the other site!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LisaE3

Thank you for providing your comments about your recent interaction with our hotel. I sincerely apologize if you feel that any member of my staff was not completely professional to you. I have spoken to the agent who took your reservation on the day that you arrived and she assures me that she made it clear that the suite you booked had two queen beds and was not a two bedroom suite. Our two bedroom suites do sell for a premium but I understand that the manager on duty was going to waive the additional expense. Either way, I am glad you were able be accommodated at the Hilton Hotel. Again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Undoubtedly the nicest, most comfortable Hilton property I've ever had the pleasure to experience. This hotel is not pretentious; it is just a very enjoyable place to stay. Although it's a bit pricey, I believe it was well worth almost every penny because of its location, size and comfort of the suites, complimentary breakfast and manager's reception, and its friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda442

Thank you so much for this review of your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed our location as well as the size and comfort of your suite. These are all attributes we pride ourselves on and it is always nice to hear when we hit our mark! Thank you for choosing Homewood suites. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We enjoyed a long weekend at the Homewood Suites and the best part is location. In 10 minutes you can walk to the Alamo or walk 10 minutes in the other direction to find yourself in the Market Square area. The breakfast crowd was busy but it was to be expected. They kept the food full so you never felt like they were running out of things. The decor is on the older side but the all the other positives more than made up for it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rose D

Thank you for posting this review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our location convenient to the local attractions. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope you decide to stay with us next time you are in San Antonio.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great room & staff!! breakfast and evening meal / happy hour was the best I have ever had... and I traveled all over the world for more than 30 years! This was an award stay with points and the gave a 2 bedroom suit. EVERY other hotel gives the smallest room no matter how many points you have. Breakfast was very good and the managers special in the evening was the best... lots of very good food along with beer, wine and marge - what a treat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lanny K
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brands and I am glad you were able to use your points for this stay! We also appreciate your business and hope to have you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Overall I was very happy with our stay - the staff were very helpful & so pleasant. Loved the pool esp since I am from Canada after such a long winter. The river walk was amazing!! To look over the water at breakfast was so relaxing. I loved it all. Just need to expand the gym.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your getaway from the snow. We truly appreciate your feedback as it is critical to our success. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back as our guest in the future.