Homewood Suites Riverwalk is a decent hotel, but I don't recommend it for everyone. They have done a good job adapting this historic building for their needs. The location is convenient and although our room looked a bit aged, it was very clean. The king suite had a full kitchen that was surprisingly well equipped. One sort of oddity...the sink/vanity was in the king bedroom around the corner from the bathroom.
Upon arrival, I requested an upgrade. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, this is one of the perks that most Hilton Honors members hope to enjoy for being a loyal customer. I was told, "We don't normally give upgrades" and informed me that the two bedroom king suites were booked anyway. The hotel website showed availability for both nights I was there......and the hotel definitely was not packed. However, there did seem to be quite a few large families, so it's possible they were fully booked in 2 BR king suites and the website was not properly updated. Also, the valet parking is inconvenient...another issue having to do with the structure of the building. Some of the staff were very friendly, while others were not so much. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to Hilton Honors members looking for an upgrade OR guests that need to valet a car. But I would recommend to all others visiting San Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy being in the heart of scenic and historic San Antonio, Texas at our Homewood Suites by Hilton® San Antonio-Riverwalk/Downtown hotel. Situated on the famous Riverwalk, our all-suite hotel is convenient to historical sites, shopping and dining. Connect with home and the office with free high-speed internet access. Start your day with a hot full breakfast served daily. At the end of a long day, unwind with our evening dinner and drinks (beer, wine, margaritas) served Monday to Thursday. Both meals are included with your stay. Or, prepare your own meal in the fully equipped kitchen, featuring a refrigerator, microwave, two-burner stove top, dishwasher and utensils. Lounge in one of our one or two bedroom suites with a separate bedroom and living area featuring a sofabed and TVs with premium cable channels. Host a meeting or event for up to 90 people and use the services available in our business center. Relax in our rooftop pool or whirlpool, or work out on the latest fitness equipment. Shop at nearby Rivercenter Mall and El Mercado. Learn about Texas history at the Alamo and Governor’s Palace. Dine on local and international foods. Plan family activities at Sea World, Splashtown and the San Antonio Zoo. Business travelers will enjoy our proximity to the H. B. Gonzales Convention Center. Our multi-lingual staff will help you find the best options in San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Riverwalk / Downtown Hotel San Antonio
- Homewood Suites San Antonio
- Homewood San Antonio
- San Antonio Homewood Suites
- Homewood Suites By Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown Texas