“Front desk Paul was great.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #34 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

A beautiful hotel inside and out. Wonderful service from Paul at check-in. After two days of train travel, we were greeted with friendly service and a smile upon arrival. The rooms are clean and spacious. Lobby is beautiful. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you very much for posting this review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that Paul took great care of you upon your arrival. It is always great to be welcomed with a smile and a friendly demeanor. I will pass along your comments to Paul. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back as out guest in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very quiet, centrally located along the Riverwalk. Very friendly and accommodating staff. The suites are moderately sized and furnishings are modern. Hotel is within walking distance to the convention center and Hemisphere Park.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with our hotel. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our central location, our staff was accommodating and friendly, and that you found your accommodations to be modern. We truly appreciate your feedback and will continue to work hard to make your next stay as great as this one. Thank you very much for choosing Homewood Suites.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

upon checking in I was told that I would not get what I had requested even though I had made the request early 4 my reservation. She kept telling me it was a historic district and it would be fine but it is not fine if I wanted a river view room. She was not friendly even if she knew we were celebrating our anniversary she didn't even bother to ask. And my birthday! Everyone else seems to be friendly but beware of Laura. She will not give you requested room!
I did speak to manager and he said sorry it is misleading a bit. And now I will add no internet access and was then connected to technician from another location and he said trouble in line...?? All this and lots of excuses! Good money for little services? No room adjustment. No Nothing.

• Stayed: June 2014
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with your recent stay with us. I am glad I was able to speak with you and hopefully explain better why you were unable to get a view of the river walk. I also want to personally apologize that our customer service was not up to your standards.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! I have also sent you an email in hopes that we can discuss any further concerns you may have.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

As a Hilton Honors Rewards member, when we travel, we try to stay within that family line of hotels. We used to switch between Hilton and Starwood Hotels, until we found Starwood (Sheraton's esp.) to be fewer and fewer in key destinations, much higher costs, and quite honestly not the same level or quality as even Hilton's lesser brands. So being familiar with Hampton Inn, Hilton, Hilton Garden, and Embassy Suites, we stumbled upon Homewood Suites as a viable option when planning for a San Antonio weekend. Very very happy we stumbled. Great experience at a quality hotel, nice location, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and hotel overall. We were very impressed with the hotel during our 4 day, 3 night stay. This particular location made up our minds to choose Homewood again, during future travels. I especially commend the breakfast staff for the Sunday morning during Memorial Day weekend. It seems folks related to guests in this hotel, but staying in other hotels (weddings, etc.) stampeded this site due to its free breakfast. It shorted the food supply for the actual guests, and through the complaints of many ignorant guests, the staff kept smiling and fighting through doing all they could to accommodate. Awesome job by the breakfast staff that Sunday! As a Hilton Honors member, I was able to select my own room online as well, and we chose a corner suite, Room 900 - highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you very much for posting this awesome review of your stay with us! It is great to hear that you will now seek out other Homewood Suites wherever you travel. This is a testament to the hotel and the brand as a whole. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Homewood Suites Riverwalk is a decent hotel, but I don't recommend it for everyone. They have done a good job adapting this historic building for their needs. The location is convenient and although our room looked a bit aged, it was very clean. The king suite had a full kitchen that was surprisingly well equipped. One sort of oddity...the sink/vanity was in the king bedroom around the corner from the bathroom.
Upon arrival, I requested an upgrade. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, this is one of the perks that most Hilton Honors members hope to enjoy for being a loyal customer. I was told, "We don't normally give upgrades" and informed me that the two bedroom king suites were booked anyway. The hotel website showed availability for both nights I was there......and the hotel definitely was not packed. However, there did seem to be quite a few large families, so it's possible they were fully booked in 2 BR king suites and the website was not properly updated. Also, the valet parking is inconvenient...another issue having to do with the structure of the building. Some of the staff were very friendly, while others were not so much. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to Hilton Honors members looking for an upgrade OR guests that need to valet a car. But I would recommend to all others visiting San Antonio.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa R

Thank you for taking the time to post the review of your stay with us. I apologize we were unable to upgrade you to one of our 2 bedroom suites. We do have a limited supply of these and as you could probably guess, they are very popular, especially during the summer months. You do have the option to use your Honors points to guarantee an upgrade. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a wonderful hotel. It isn't a 5-star by any stretch but it doesn't make any claim to that status. It is a clean, hospitable place to relax and enjoy yourself. The rates are very reasonable and the staff is top notch. I'd like to especially acknowledge the help of front desk staff Laura. She was wonderful. She was our contact during both check-in and check-out and I couldn't have been more pleased with her level of service.

The evening dinner was decent, tasty and quite a money saver. Four evening meals for 2 people could have run us a couple of hundred dollars. The evening buffet, along with breakfast every morning, was complimentary. While not the most extensive selection, every one of our meals was more than satisfactory and satisfying.

The valet staff was very attentive and quick to respond to our every need. Whether bringing our vehicle to us or merely opening the door, they were very fast and very polite. We used their services at 5PM, 10PM, noon, and 5AM - no matter the time of day, our level of service never deviated from their standard of excellence.

This was my second trip to San Antonio but my first time at this facility. When I return, I will definitely return to Homewood Suites. The location is perfect. It is right on the Riverwalk but is at the quiet end which made sleeping at night much more possible and enjoyable but only a few short, scenic blocks from all of the action.

I wish every hotel stay was this pleasurable.

Room Tip: We had a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite and it was great having 2 bathrooms (especially) at our disposa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Todd H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you very much for posting this awesome review of your experience with our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you will be staying with us next time you are in San Antonio. This is the ultimate goal we have for all of our guests. Repeat business is the toughest to earn and we appreciate it very much. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Good location; great staff. Overall a comfortable stay. Mattresses were adequate but not the best. Don't plan on using the pool -- it's tiny! Very disappointing. I would recommend and use again primarily based on staff and location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for posting this review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that our location and staff met your needs. I apologize if you experienced any issues with your mattress. We do inspect them often to make sure they are comfortable and in good working condition. Regarding our pool, it is small being that it is on the roof of the hotel but it does offer an outstanding view of downtown San Antonio. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business.