Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
US$233
US$177
  • Pool
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$210
US$163
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
ComfortSuites
US$215
US$186
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
US$203
US$135
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

US$117
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

1,332 results
All reviewsfrozen margaritasthe rivergreat locationvalet parkingrooftop poolevening receptionlight dinnertwo bedroom suitefull kitchenconvention centerliving areawithin walking distancebreakfast and dinnersan antonio riverwalkgreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastwaffles
Reviewed 21 March 2009

I just returned from a two night stay in San Antonio with my wife. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The suite was larger than I expected, and everything in the hotel was immaculate. The service was friendly and efficient, the breakfast was better than most ... really, I have nothing bad to say. I am not sure what happened to those who posted negative reviews but they do not reflect my experience. I did not bring a car, but I did notice that the parking was pricey, but that is about the only negative. The pool looked great, by the way, but we did not get the chance to try it ourselves.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank touring24
Reviewed 19 March 2009

I stayed at the Homewood Suites Riverwalk a few weeks ago. I was in town for a conference, and this hotel was the closest one nearby that I could afford (my employer only reimburses up to $168/night.

The hotel seems to have been renovated recently. The public areas are very clean, as are the rooms. The location is also perfect - right on the Riverwalk and only about 5 minutes from the Alamo.

Each suite has a full kitchen/living room, bathroom, and bedroom. They are very roomy and comfortable.

The hotel also serves a complimentary hot breakfast each morning, which was pretty good. They also have wine and margaritas each evening at no cost.

The only amenity this hotel really lacks is free WiFi. Luckily, there are lots of hotspots nearby, and I was able to pick up the signal in my room.

I do have one gripe, and that is that my room was apparently right above where the dumpsters are located. Apparently, the garbage men empty them at about 5:00 in the morning, which is of course an incredibly loud event. Since I didn't check in until 3:30am, I really didn't appreciate being woken up.

Nonetheless, I think this hotel offers incredible value, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2009

The hotel is close to many of the local attractions. You can get to the Riverwalk right out the back side of the hotel. It's not the main part of the Riverwalk, but that's only 2 blocks away. The hotel's breakfast leaves something to be desired, but there is an evening reception that makes up for it. The staff is all very friendly and is happy to provide suggestions on area attractions. And even if you don't like to swim, you should check out the rooftop pool.. great view!
We were there with a group and negotiated a rate, otherwise the list price is a little high.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2009

Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. Room had a kitchen with full size frig, stove, microwave, dishwasher & dishes. We were only there for one night for a cheerleading competition for my daughters. The hotel is on the Riverwalk a bit off the beaten path, but still a decent location. Hotel was very clean and the staff was very courteous & helpful. Hotel has a rooftop pool. The rooftop setting is really cool, but the pool is super small. Probably not great for kids and swimming. Hotel offers a free breakfast, but the pickings were very slim, just OK. Overall liked the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherrikt
Reviewed 3 January 2009

This hotel is NOT a dump. All other things being relatively equal, I will choose a Hilton property for the points. So, I would probably stay there again. The hotel is right on the riverwalk, NOT two blocks off it. It is quiet along this section but a very quick and pleasant walk to the hustle and bustle found nearer the Alamo and mall. Another reviewer wrote it is on the seedy side of town. To me, most of the downtown was a little seedy (it is a city), but all along the riverwalk felt safe and well lit. There was no armed guard in the lobby or the parking area. There is a bus stop across the street were locals, who work for a living, wait for the bus but I didn't think anyone looked dangerous in any way.... Mostly just tired.
We traveled with family and appreciated the breakfast and "welcome home" happy hour with meals. We feel that being able to eat so much at the hotel saved us a lot of money. However, there are many good places to eat in San Antonio, so there is that. The food was not great, generally generic cafeteria fare.
We found out that you can book which suite you want when you book on line. I wish I had known that, because we had two suites with views of the brick wall of the Westin next door.
All of the staff were wonderful! The guy at the front desk answered my question, drew me a map with directions, checked someone else in, and answered the phone simultaneously. It was an amazing feat of multi-tasking to behold! He was pleasant and patient with all! The ladies at breakfast and welcome home meals were friendly, kept the food coming, and managed to wipe tables in between, keeping everything neat and tidy.
I will say that the mattresses were not up to Hilton standards (I love Hampton Inns because they have great matteresses, and I thought Homewood Suites did too...) but lots of pillows and quality sheets and towels. The suites we stayed in did not have windows in the living room part which made them dark and dreary. We like to play games and eat snacks together and the living room area was too small for our comfort. The bedroom sections were much bigger and more comfortable. Bathrooms were clean but SMALL and worn. Tiles were chipped as were corners of floor boards, etc.
The valet parking was a hassle. They would say ten minutes, but always took longer. The guys working there worked hard and were great, its just a bad arrangement We are used to using valet parking. Its just too bad that San Antonio doesn't have better parking downtown.
All in all, I thought it was pricey for what it was. If you can get a good deal, by all means stay here. If you want to be in the middle of some kind of night life, well, don't go to San Antonio. If you want a clean quiet place with friendly staff and don't plan to drive much, stay here! Most of the guests I talked to and saw seemed happy and seemed to be having a good time. Especially during happy hour!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mamareada