1,359 results
All reviewsfrozen margaritasthe rivergreat locationvalet parkingrooftop poolevening receptionlight dinnertwo bedroom suiteconvention centerliving areafull kitchengreat place to staysan antonio riverwalkwithin walking distancebreakfast and dinnercomplimentary breakfastvalet service
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I felt it was important to let everyone know that my stay at this hotel was outstanding! We travel to San Antonio at least 1 time each quarter, yet we've never stayed here. This time we thought we would try someplace new and I am so glad we did. From the minute we checked in to the time we left, we were treated like family. Nice big, clean rooms with breakfast and evening food?? All included. Big value!! So many times people only take the time to let other's know when things go bad...... I thought my positive experience was worth sharing, for a change. I will be back and you all should give this hotel a try :) Karen.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank riverwalkbound
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Arrival we were treated rudely by the valet. Front desk seemed indifferent at how long we waited. We were scheduled to stay for 9 nights for seminars and conference and thought it had to get better. We stay at Hilton Hotels exclusively and a majority of the time with Homewood Suites. Would rather stay at a Motel 6, than stay at this one again. At least when I get treated poorly, I won't think I should expect anything more! The reception that happens each evening at most Homewood Suites did happen here but it was the poorest one we had ever experienced (compared to Bakersfield, CA., Salt Lake City, UT, Midland, TX, New Orleans, LA, Houston, TX and many more). Was usually sandwiches and unappetizing ones at that. We were locked out of rooms (key cards not working) on two occasions. Didn't have ID one time and had to wait for 30 minutes before could convice them to let us in. Front desk couldn't seem to think of inventive ways to verify we were who we said we were, very frustrating. Especially since we had been there for 8 days and 7 nights and had met the front desk person several times. They obviously don't try to get to know their guests or care who they are. The hotel has a decent location, is on the riverwalk, sort of. At the far end where nothing is. Quite a walk to the main part of the Riverwalk. Got tiresome walking that far to the Convention Center several times a day. Parking is non-existent. Only parking is $22 a night valet. Has no shuttle service. Exercise room was closed a day or two for repairs. Very dangerours to walk outside. The pool is one of the smallest things I have ever seen. One of the main entrances, you must walk through the drop off and drive through area and almost get run over every time. Maid service comes in while you are there many times and acts like you are in there way. Doesn't really give you the choice of them coming back. Expressed my concerns to the front desk person the next to last night we were there and he didn't care. Told him I would be checking out a night early because of my problems and he said, "Okay, got it down, check out tomorrow!" Nothing else, not an "I'm sorry to hear that" even.

I have never, ever, taken the time to write one of these. Good or bad. But this was so horrible, I felt I had to. I am not a wealth hard to please person and neither are my travel companions so to make me so frustrated that I result to writing one of these, it had to be bad. And that the hotel doesn't seem to care is even worse. I have left word with the manager and heard nothing, yet. Par for the course!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank sadiebenny1
Reviewed 4 June 2009

The room was dirty as soon as we got in. The tub was stopped. The furniture was in disarray. The beds were also subpar in comfort and cleanliness. The staff was rude, indifferent, and unprofessional from valet to mangers. If you go there on a good rate, watch out. If you don't pay full price, you just may be treated like common garbage. The hotel's location to the Riverwalk is also dismal. From where the hotel is, my husband called it the "Creekwalk." There are better hotels to stay at in San Antonio--not only on the Riverwalk, but in the city as well. The service was too horrible for the full price they ask. Traveling friends have told me that we would have fared better at the Emily Morgan or Wyndham. Besides those two, there are many other great properties.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTravelerEngr
Reviewed 25 March 2009

This was a disappointing stay.I reviewed this hotel as I do with all of our vacations,and the reviews are usually right on the mark. We were assigned room 1000, a corner room with lots of windows,and 2 queens like requested. the room was dirty when we entered, llike mowed grass off shoes on the carpet, the room had 3 wet moisture areas, with one corner area in the living room part with black areas and getting larger-?mold? The windows were filthy outside so you couldn't see, we had requested a riverwalk room and told this "was one and a great room". A great room in size, but not in cleanliness or view. The mgr. Jennifer Hill offered to move us to the same type of room the next day and did move us, but I request the refrigerated items would be put in the refrigerator, and they were not when we returned 7 1/2 hours later. They were sitting on teh table. AND we were moved to a double bed room. The ironic thing is the price was not changed from the previous rooms we had been in and they were all too happy to charge the same price until I stated it was not the same room type and we were given doubles. The room we were moved to was smaller, one 4x4 window which the wood was rotting around the glass. This was supposedly a room that had been redone after millions renovations. I am not sure, but if that was a renovated room, then the Hiltons really aren't paying attention. I would say stay away from this hotel. If this was our experience with 2 rooms, I cannot imagine what shape some of the other ones are in. There is also mold in the bathrooms, with little ventilation of course, visible growing around the bathtub caulking. The second room had toothpaste splattered all over the hand towel bar area,and quite visible since itis brown wallpaper. I wouldn't waste your money. A clean room is essential and this hotel wasn't honest with us about the rooms/price we were moved to and the condition wasn't much different than the first, minus the many water stains on the ceiling. when you go on vacation all you want to do is relax, not move rooms 3 times! We were glad we didn't rent a car for downtown-walk or take the trolley that you can get off and on at scenic points. San Antonio does not have adequate parking ramps or spots.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank jaden6WI
Reviewed 21 March 2009

I just returned from a two night stay in San Antonio with my wife. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The suite was larger than I expected, and everything in the hotel was immaculate. The service was friendly and efficient, the breakfast was better than most ... really, I have nothing bad to say. I am not sure what happened to those who posted negative reviews but they do not reflect my experience. I did not bring a car, but I did notice that the parking was pricey, but that is about the only negative. The pool looked great, by the way, but we did not get the chance to try it ourselves.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple