1,359 results
All reviewsfrozen margaritasthe rivergreat locationvalet parkingrooftop poolevening receptionlight dinnertwo bedroom suiteconvention centerliving areafull kitchengreat place to staysan antonio riverwalkwithin walking distancebreakfast and dinnercomplimentary breakfastvalet service
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I stayed at the hotel with my daughter for a cheer competition. Staff very friendly and helpful. I left my cell phone in the car after I checked in and the valet attendent ran to catch me on the elevator to return it. Great beds very comfortable, lots of space. Rooftop pool and jacuzzi charming. Great views. Hotel close to everything, didn't even have to use my rental. My daughter and I walked everywhere since the riverwalk was just downstairs, or we took the trolley which we caught right across the street. Just wish parking wasn't so expensive since I didn't use my car. Had some friends from our group come over to watch the superbowl and they loved the room, said this would be there next hotel when in San Antonio. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank luvtravelmuch
Reviewed 7 January 2010

A lovely holiday experience with this hotel and staff. Housekeeping was prompt with towels and cleaning. They served a complementary breakfast and a complementary light evening meal and drinks. The hotel is on the Riverwalk but just the right distance away from all the congestion of people that are on it! It is within walking or trolley distance to all that we wanted to do. I guess some would say the valet parking fee was expensive but it was worth it to us knowing that our vehicle was in a secure area. We stayed the week after Christmas and enjoyed the fireworks on "New Year's" from the roof.....what a sight to see! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we would stay there again on our next visit to San Antonio!

Lon & Ginger Sturgeon

3  Thank Ginger S
Reviewed 2 January 2010

After reading various reviews, I had a few doubts on this hotel...... however, continued with our reservations and was glad that we did.

The breakfast was good, sometimes having 'real dishes', sometimes paper plates and plastic forks. Our two sons, ages 21 and 17, enjoyed making "Texas" waffles each day. Same with the afternoon receptions - sometimes the selections were out of this world, sometimes, just okay.

The location, being on the riverwalk was beautiful. The lights offer a nice atmosphere, and the availability to the riverwalk was nice. There is also a nice place to jog if you are so inclined and want to avoid the crowds.

Parking was convenient, though not cheap.

Laundry machines ( and baskets at the front desk) were clean.

The rooms were outdated in colors and furniture style. However, the rooms were very spacious - large dining room and family room area.

Overall it was a good experience and the hotel served our family well.

1  Thank MusicGalCt
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I checked in with my wife and kid and found an antique television set in the bedroom! Breakfast even at 7:00 am was terrible! Really poor value - I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Rebequita50, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2009

I apologize that you had an unpleasant stay. We do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you would have come by the desk and explained your issue, we would have been glad to make it right. Also, If I knew a little bit more about you, I would be more than willing to contact you. However, since you have already departed, please contact me so I can make it right.

Todd Hatch
Homewood Suites Riverwalk
Office 210-222-1515 ext. 500
Fax 210-222-9405
For reservations please visit:
www.homewoodsuitesriverwalk.com

Reviewed 19 November 2009

The reception was very friendly, but at the breakfast there was not much left already at 9:30. Paper plates and plastik silverware.
Nice view from the roof top pool.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple