Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown
Ranked #30 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Me and my brothers stayed here for a two night stay ,i would have to say this place is just right, why people complain about a free breakfast is beyond me,make your on waffle each some fruit what more do you want,go to ihop if thats what you are looking for.The place is located near everything and very quite .Rooms are big and beds comfy ,free internet in room,coffee,tea and a bag of popcorn.Not a complaint about this place and the staff is a 1.If you want a late night drink go down the street to the drink see bartender Rachel makes great drinks.......

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed 19 June 2010

Nice hotel friendly staff good location all you can ask for

Reviewed 2 June 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We stayed on Hilton Honors points, so we didn't do a lot of research before our trip, we just new we could stay free.

I was very happy with the room and the hotel. The location was great, right on the riverwalk. It was on a quiet stretch of the river, but very close to all the restaurants and shops.

I thought the hotel was kept very clean, both the rooms and the common areas.

The free breakfast was fine. I would recommend the waffles. You make your own and they are really good. They also have an evening happy hour/meal with free wine and beer - that's kinda hard to beat.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelGirl55
Reviewed 20 May 2010

This is my second stay at a Homewood and I can say I will always stay at one given a choice. This is the perfect hotel if you have a family. The rooms are super spacious. We stayed at a 2 bd/2 bath suite, but even the 1 bds are large. One thing that really impressed me was how friendly the staff is. Not only do they do their job well, they always have a smile on their faces and treat you like your their favorite guest. The location is great! We never used our car. I have a 3 year old and a 14 month old and I just took the stroller everywhere. We visited the Children;s museum, the riverwalk, the mall, all within a 10 minute walk.
Breakfast and welcome home reception are great, this alone will save you a lot of $$$. Plus you can't beat having a free margarita :)
All in all, we will definitely come back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Wife_in_Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2010

The hotel was within easy walking distance to the major attractions of the Alamo, Alamodome, and the Riverwalk, which is literally next door to the hotel. The usual Homewood free breakfast is good enough. Parking is valet only, and fairly pricy by local standards. Other than getting to and from the airport, we never used the car once.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fitch7600
Reviewed 17 March 2010

If you like having a full kitchen and a 2-room suite, this is excellent choice. It's on the Riverwalk, but just far enough away from noisy bars and restaurants. All the major downtown attractions are no more than a 5-15 minute walk, or a cheap trolley ride. Staff is very friendly and helpful. It's an older hotel and could use a little updating, but that's a very minor criticism. It has a pool on the roof, but it's small, and no shade. Valet parking $22 a day, or you can choose a nearby lot for less.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ImaPickyTraveller
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I stayed at the hotel with my daughter for a cheer competition. Staff very friendly and helpful. I left my cell phone in the car after I checked in and the valet attendent ran to catch me on the elevator to return it. Great beds very comfortable, lots of space. Rooftop pool and jacuzzi charming. Great views. Hotel close to everything, didn't even have to use my rental. My daughter and I walked everywhere since the riverwalk was just downstairs, or we took the trolley which we caught right across the street. Just wish parking wasn't so expensive since I didn't use my car. Had some friends from our group come over to watch the superbowl and they loved the room, said this would be there next hotel when in San Antonio. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Hotel Contessa
#5 of 357 in San Antonio
The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Antonio - Riverwalk / Downtown? Share your experiences!