“I loved staying here <3” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni San Antonio Hotel

Omni San Antonio Hotel
Ranked #17 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“I loved staying here <3”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We had to move hotels during our weekend vacation or labour day so we only stayed here one night. The service was awesome and the price want bad for what we got. I loved that the hotel had a "stay well" gym along with a sauna & hot tub. They also had an outdoor pool that has a volleyball net and a basketball hoop, they have a huge projector outside so you can watch movies while you hang out and swimm. There's a bar right next to the outside pool if you're a drinker. My family and I prefers the indoor pool that has warmer water than the outdoor pool does. The pool was a good place to hang out with your family because the hotel has a bunch of pool toys that the
Kids are welcomed to play with. The rooms are really clean beds are amazingly comfortable and the upgrades the room had were nice. Over all I would highly reckoned staying here. Everything was great!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Queretaro City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

Really good hotel with excellent service, indoor and outdoor jacuzzi and pool. Staff was great Edward the bellboy was outstanding. Great room, I would change carpets they look kind of old and dirty but OK. Wireless works only at room entrance, impossible to connect from bed, otherwise a perfect hotel. Eva from loyalty ambassador sent us wine and strawberries for our anniversary, we loved it.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jpmfv
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

The room was excellent and the hotel is very clean.
I approve the hotel. 200 characters? I really do not know what else to say. They have security in the parking lot. I did not eat at the hotel but ate in other restaurants in the area. mainly chain restaurants.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We're usually Marriott people, but we wanted a really, really special weekend for our anniversary, and the OMNI was recommended. We booked their ooh la la package, with a premier king room, water bottles upon arrival, superior wifi, coconut macaroons, petite fours, sparkling wine, turn down service, music, robes, two items pressed and shoes shined,late check out, breakfast, etc
--The original 'premier room' was so small, dark, chopping and disappointing, that we got the manager and were moved. The Front desk tried to tell me our original room had been an upgrade, and we had to correct them, which was a bit embarrassing. In the end, we were indeed upgraded to a king sitting sitting room (just a large room at any other hotel) and given breakfast buffet vouchers.
Nearly $500 for two nights, but we never did receive our amenities (except the breakfast vouchers); we were constantly kicked of the internet, even though we called the front desk multiple times and received bogus instructions and phone numbers to call for help -- we finally just left early because we needed to attend to some items online and couldn't...
We never received our water bottles; never could get anyone to press our items (did get an iron did it myself and then was charged $3 for some spray starch); never received the complimentary juice, which both William and Chelsea told me to expect to arrive at 8pm on Friday AND Saturday, with diet coke (we'd get both since we were giving up the wine); never did receive the petite fours; only received what I think might have been the macaroons at 10pm on Friday night after I asked for them SIX times!!!; Only had one robe for the two of us to share--
The floor (carpet) outside the bathroom was wet, as if it had just been shampooed, or so I thought when we first got to the room. Later, though, I realized that the room we were in on the 17th floor was extremely humid. The kleenex and my clothes (inside my suitcase-- but near the bathroom --not in it, though) were WET.
There was a 'coffee maker' of sorts. However, if you plan on staying here, and if you like more than 1/2 cup of coffee per day, bring your own coffee maker, or plan on paying through the teeth. The little one here is much like a toy; it makes little, is barely hot and the machine leaks! There's no microwave. A small refrigerator holds overpriced items, which can be purchased --a bottle of water is $4.00.
The pools (2) were closed because of the rain.
Once, we attempted to take the stairs. They were blocked, which probably would not have given the fire marshal a favorable impression either.
All in all, the inside of the hotel was pretty. The people were friendly, and I think most of them told the truth.
I've gone to this great length so maybe someone else can avoid the disappointment we had.
We won't go back. August 19, 2012

Room Tip: Sixth floor still smells for smoke No internet access on higher floors, regardless of what they tel...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank lynn g
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I recently booked a stay at the omni collanade and had a terrible exchange with management.
Let's start with first that I am a black level member and average 30-50 nights a year with the omni. At $150+ a night you can do the math! They have always been very accommodating and their service exceptional. It all started about 6 months ago when I stayed at their one of their Houston properties and was charged for mini-bar items we did not use. When we called to dispute we were given the run around and finally after much pleading the items were removed. But now comes the funny part. They make notes about guest and fire some reason I have negative notes on my profile. Then comes my most recent stay. After booking/reserving a room where I added another person to the reservation I was told I would have to come in and check in first? I was confused because I had just stayed at their Houston galleria on 8/17/2012 with one of my employees and he was allowed to check in before me? So after some arguing with front desk staff on the telephone I drove over to the hotel only to be told my reservation was cancelled and I had used vulgarity to the staff member on the phone call I just had 30 minutes ago? LIE!!!!!
After a long argument/debate with their director of rooms I was told that my contractor could check in but I would not receive credit for the two night stay. Now I will say that Mr. Coleman ( director of rooms) was very professional and allowed my contractor to stay at my quoted rate but I am appalled at how their front desk staff can lie about a conversation to management and not be questioned. Overall the omni is a good property I will just never stay at the collanade AGAIN!!!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jknaub
Port Aransas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stay at this hotel whenever I must spend the night in San Antonio. I meant to write this several months ago, but I finally got around to it. The staff is gracious, the piano music on weeknights is wonderful, and the rooms are always clean and neat.
I stay at a number of luxury hotels that are rated the same as this one. However, for the price and the service, they are clearly a cut above all of the rest. I did have some issues once and they promptly took care of them to the point that I was embarrassed to have complained. Simply put, whether on business or with the family, this is one hotel which is always ready to and does deliver on the promises which frequent travelers so often see broken!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the "Premium" room. It is well worth the extra!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OmniSAColonnade, General Manager at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you very much. We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. It is always wonderful when a guest takes the time to share experience. I have shared yours with the staff.
Carrollton, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had a great stay, rooms were wonderful. I rented 2 premier Kingsize rooms for 4 adults and 3 grandkids. Pool stays open late and was great, indoor and outdoor. Staff was very nice and we will stay again. Beds wonderful and plenty of towels.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family