“Nice Hotel but....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni San Antonio Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Omni San Antonio Hotel
Ranked #17 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, United States
“Nice Hotel but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel because it was conveniently located close to Six Flags. The decor is nice. Check in and check out was good. There was a little issue at check in but I received a call from the management offering to rectify the situation that evening and that made up for the mistake. We purchased a package which included breakfast and that's a great value. Breakfast was great each day! Michael was our server and he was very attentive! Actually all the staff in Bolo's were pretty good and highly visibly. Petra at the lobby bar in the evenings was great too. Now for the negatives. Wifi isn't free which seems ridiculous in 2013. I used my phone to connect my devices. The hot tub by the indoor pool didn't get beyond warm but I suspect that may be because we didn't get in until about 8:30pm. Maybe it was hotter earlier. The hotel was full and although we requested a microwave soon after check in, we never received one because they were all in use. No accessible refrigerator in the room for kids foods and stuff. There is a bar fridge though, accessed via key. Now for our big problem. There was a drunk guy who came around staring at our family in the lobby. He then came over and started talking to my kids, then put his hand on my 8 year old's shoulder. I then asked him to leave. He passive aggressively took offense to that and extended his hand in an introductory manner and said his name is Lucifer. I shook his hand while asking that he leave and he tried squeezing my hand...I suppose he was trying to intimidate me. Finally, Petra noticed this and spoke to the floor manager and eventually to security also. She said he was cut off from the bar earlier but, guess what, there's more alcohol in his room (remember the key accessible fridge). Security was supposed to do something but 45 minutes later when we get to the elevators he's there with security and walks over to me angrily staring at me, nothing happened but not good Omni. If I didn't keep my cool, there could have been a major disruption.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

ClintColeman-DOR, Guest Relations Manager at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was disappointed to hear that you encountered an unruly patron. I understand that the issue was taken care of, however doesn't negate the fact that it impacted your stay. For that I am truly sorry. Id be happy to chat offline if possible. dccoleman@omnihotels.com.

I will share your feedback with my entire team for corrective action.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I certainly hope your next stay is a more pleasurable one.

Kindest Regards,

Clint Coleman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Victoria, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is a wonderful hotel with exceptional staff! I loved the online check in so the key was ready when I arrived. The room was beautiful and I loved the additional sitting area in the front. Looking forward to returning!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the staff and your room. We hope your return visit comes very soon.

Thanks again,

Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

As usual, excelent experience at hotel, location, restaurants around, shopping centers and customer service. Confortable rooms, rooms service, breakfast very complete and extended time to have it, personal very social, espacious larges at any áreas.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on service and product.

Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to host your next visit to San Antonio.

Kindest regards,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

First, the staff at this location is very nice and efficient. Our heater did not work and called to front desk and they had someone up in less than five minutes. After is was fixed, they called back to make sure it was still working. The location of this hotel is very good. It is close to Fiesta Texas and Seaworld. It is only a short drive to the riverwalk. I really enjoyed the turn down service nightly. The only issue I really had was one of the ladies working in the coffee shop. She had an abrupt attitude. I walked up and before I could say anything, she right away told me that she does not do anything that is not on the menu "Starbucks". So...okay. The lobby is beautiful. There is an indoor pool also even though I did not use it. I will definetly be back to stay the next time I am in San Antonio.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ClintColeman-DOR, Guest Relations Manager at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. I am terribly sorry to hear of the issue with the heater and the lady you encountered. I will certainly address the appropriate staff. I'm certainly glad it did not mar your otherwise "Great Stay".

We hope your travels bring you back to us.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were staying in conjunction with a dinner/ball we were attending. The staff was friendly, both upon arrival and departure. The rooms were clean, comfortable and convenient. Nearby the hotel are some restaurants and a super-sized grocery store,

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We certainly do our best to deliver as promised and then some. Glad you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived here running away from the embassy suites. Reception took 1 minute and I was in my room, they gave my kids a welcome gift which they loved. Beautiful hotel facilities and amazing staff. The indoor heated pool is great. At night they came by my room and gave my kids chocolate chip cookies and milk....amazing. Everything was perfect and I'm staying here from now on every time I'm in San Antonio....never again at the embassy suites....really bad experience.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
"Incredible stay" We love it!
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to showcase what we do best. We hope to see you again very soon.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is our favorite place to stay in San Antonio. The hotel is beautiful, the service is excellent and the restaurant has wonderful food and service. Omni is our favorite. This hotel is in a great location and offers a very affordable rate. They also have great pool, hot tub and fitness facility.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Service, Food, Product and Value is something we take pride in.

We hope your travels afford us a chance to serve you again,