“Omni San Antonio Colonnade”

Omni San Antonio Hotel
Ranked #21 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Shop around for a better place to stay for much less money. This hotel stated it is near great shopping amenities, and had the Omni reputation. What it is really close to is a chain of roadside strip malls with little to offer location wise except the awesome County Line BBQ joint down the street. Very disappointed, as the Omni has such a reputation. You could be close to the River Walk or something for the price we paid for a small room with little amenities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniSAColonnade, General Manager at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

I apologize if we gave the impression that we were right next to shopping and attractions. Airport and NorthStar Mall is about a 10 - 15 minute drive from hotel. The Rim, Shops of La Cantera and Six Flags are about a 7 - 10 minute drive from hotel. Medical Center is less than 5 minutes. Sea World is about 15 - 20 minutes away. We have many restaurants nearby. Some chain and some independent. Many you can walk to and some a short drive. We have a complimentary Hotel Car that can take you within a 5 mile radius to enjoy what the area has to offer.

I want to make sure we are upfront and truthful. The team and I want to demonstrate our Omni pride in all we do.

I have sent an email offline to make an effort to restore confidence.

Thank you for your time.

Delfin Ortiz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,104)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The pool was not very clean. Shower pressure affected by running tub faucet. Closet door would not close. They were kind to provide a fridge and microwave that we needed for the family.Coffee cache not stocked well. Front desk staff ok.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

An email was sent offline to engage in conversation regarding recent stay.

Our focus is always to be better. Feedback allows us that opportunity.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm usually very low maintenance so I never expect anything out of just hand me a room key and I'll give it back when I leave. However, the staff here made my family very welcome (1st time here not on business). They noticed I had kids and sent milk and cookies up to the room, and the door staff was the most prompt I have ever had, better than the Waldorf. Best stay I have had in San Antonio, and I go 5-6 times a year for work.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

I appreciate all your feedback. I have a great team and I am very proud of all of them.

Glad you and the family enjoyed your time with us.

"Waldorf", I will take that as high praise.

Look forward to your return.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have stayed here many times in the past. I just reached the highest tier level of the Omni loyalty program. I got upgraded to a top floor suite! Talk about large and beautiful surroundings! The adjoining room is a large living and dining area, with a cubby for the mini-frige, microwave oven and wer-bar sink. The complimentary coffee and tea caddy is there, too. There is a full bathroom in the living room side, with extra closet space. The bedroom is moderate size with room enough for two queen beds, and a chaise lounge next to a bump out viewing area. This viewing area is a mini enclosed balcony. The large dresser/TV entertainment center and the desk also fit comfortably. The bedroom does not need to be any larger, since the other room is so spacious.
I love the personal attention that I receive from all the personnel at the hotel. The lady who brought up our complimentary coffee this morning remembered me from three years ago, and greeted me so sincerely!
The whole hotel is clean, modern classic, and smells fresh! The beds are very comfortable. I love this hotel!
Just a side note, the only " bothersome" detail is the very soft water which leaves one feeling soapy after rinsing off, requiring much rubbing under the water to make all the soap come off. I still stay here in spite of that.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
OmniSAColonnade, General Manager at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Congratulations of reaching the top tier of our loyalty program. Your loyalty is valued.

Glad you enjoyed the suite. It is very spacious.

Appreciate your kind words regarding service and staff. Each and every member of the team looks to create a memorable experience. I will share your review with the Room Service team.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Omni Hotel at the Colonnade is sweet ! Very clean, very kind staff ! Our room wasn't available at time of arrival so they gave us the Governor's Suite in the 20th floor ! WOWWWW ! Awesome suite ! Almost a little house inside the hotel, I'll use the suite again on my next trip without a doubt !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thrilled you enjoyed the suite. Great Room. Great View. Thank you for all your kind words.

Look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have to travel to San Antonio frequently for business and enjoy staying at the Omni. The staff at the Omni always make me feel welcome and it is a beautiful hotel. If you are traveling in the San Antonio area and need a place to stay, I would recommend the Omni.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OmniSAColonnade, General Manager at Omni San Antonio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

We value your loyalty here at the Omni Colonnade. Thank you for all your kind words regarding your most recent visit. I am very proud of the staff. They want to make every stay memorable.

Thank you for staying with us and look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel! Loved that it was about 5 minutes from Fiesta Texas and La Cantera. Friendly staff, indoor/outdoor pool, gym is great and they had movies outside on Saturday. Plus, rooms are comfy and clean and smell great! I very picky and always am happy at an Omni.

• Stayed: July 2014

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for all your kind words. I am very proud of the staff. They make this hotel what it is.

Thank you for staying with us and look forward to your return.