“LOVELY HOTEL”

Ranked #17 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
buffalo, ny
“LOVELY HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

This hotel was excellent. Nice room; very clean; nice furnishings; comfortable bed. We had the "bed and breakfast" package and the buffet breakfast was excellent. Service staff very accommodating. Nice pool area. Location is about 15 minutes from Riverwalk; an easy drive. Nothing much around otherwise, but two nice restaurants on the same property as the hotel. Only complaint would be the size of the bathroom. Really, really SMALL. When you stepped out of the shower/bath, you literally were on top of the toilet.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

So I checked in for one night and did not make a fuss but in retrospect shoud have asked for another room on principal... I was traveling for an interview so the room was paid for by the company. And it looked like it had NEVER been dusted or vacuumed. There were PILEs of dust in all the nooks and cranies of the ornate furniture and the carpet was filthy... there were also VISIBLE Stains on the upholstery. The sheets looked clean but there was a darker stain on those too. The lobby was beautifull and the service (room and laundry) were prompt. Only expected a much nicer room for an OMNI... NOT UP TO STANDARDS... and will not stay again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

We just stayed at the Omni. The staff are courteous and helpful. The dining is excellent. We got the Bed and Breakfast room with the buffet each morning. Yum! Very very special lodging here.

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

From the moment we walked in the door of this hotel, we were greeted and treated as if we were extra special. The service in this great hotel is first rate. Really the Omni people could give lessons. The Omni and thestaff at this hotel made our stay there almost as good as home. My children thought it was actually better than home because of the wonderful breakfast buffet. The Omni is centrally located. We were never more than fifteen minutes from Sea World, The Riverwalk, and shopping. This hotel is top notch and we will be back.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TexasRoadtripmom
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2010

I stayed here every time I went to San Antonio for business. I originally picked the hotel due to its proximity to the company site I work in, but turns out that this hotel is in a convenient location itself - close to numerous restaurants, HEB (supermarket) etc. Rooms are spacious, in great shape and clean every time. Wireless internet does not work in all the rooms. I had twice the experience that I had to switch rooms because of this. Service, however, was an issue. Every time I needed something, for example, missing amenities and complimentary water (complimentary due to my elite status with Omni), it took more than an hour and multiple phone calls for them to fulfill the request. And usually after an hour, they brought the wrong item so I had to wait for another hour to just get a bottle of water.

Room service, on the other hand, was great and never missed the mark. The pools are decent too.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2010

Excellent hotel, don't forget your bathing suit and workout clothes.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

My mother and I stayed at the Omni Hotel in San Antonio from 10/24/09 to 10/27/09. Prior to getting there I had called and was advised that the hotel offered a free shuttle to and from the airport, as well to local sight seeing areas in town. Upon arriving at the airport, I did as was told. Once you get to the baggage claim, I was going to see a desk with someone that will give me the number for the Omni shuttle. I had been told that the shuttle comes out at the hour and the hotel is 15 minutes away. I called the hotel at around 640pm and was told that the shuttle would get there at 715pm. We are told to wait where all the other shuttles for Hotels and car rentals also park. It was now 730pm and no shuttle, by this time, all the other shuttles get to know you and ask who you are waiting for. I called the Omni twice. There was also another person waiting for the shuttle. The driver finally shows up, very nice, tells us that they had sent someone else and that person was waiting by another exit. Hello? You are the driver and have no idea as to where to wait. Well, he picked us up and everything ran smoothly afterwards. When we arrived, the front desk had everything set up for us. The room was quaint and everything as I had requested. On the 26th it was pouring in San Antonio, the manager let us borrow umbrellas, as we ventured out. We tried Bolos for a buffet breakfast and it was delicious. Everything was fresh. , the hotel has a small gift shop, but it was perfect for all your needs. The employees that we ran into were very friendly with the exception of a girl at the front desk, that must have been having a bad day. Our stay was very nice and if we return to San Antonio, we well defenitely stay at the Omni again.

• Stayed October 2009