Holiday Inn Express San Antonio N-Riverwalk Area
Ranked #127 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
“No parking!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Room was nice and comfortable, but only one elevator for 5 floors. We were in room 500 at the end of the hall...farthest away from the elevator located at the front of the building. The parking situation was bad. No parking on the property. Had to park across the street and was charged 10.00 for that. Excessive for an overnight stay. Staff was friendly and courteous.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Felipe G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio N-Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review regarding your recent visit. We were disappointed to hear that we did not perform well and you can be assured that we will be sharing your feedback with our team to ensure the opportunities are addressed immediately.

We hope you will accept our apologies regarding parking and we hope that we may have an opportunity in the future to show you just how great we can be.

Best regards

Felipe Gonzalez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was a very nice hotel in a good location. There are a lot of things to do in the one mile radius surrounding the hotel. I was impressed with the size of the room and overall cleanliness of the hotel. Hot breakfast and heated pool were a plus. I was disappointed with the fitness center (equipment did not work smoothly), but that was the only negative I experienced. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for parking fee to be waived
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your input, and the feedback from our guests is vitally important to us and we always want our guests expectations met upon arrival.

Per your comments, we've gone through the property's Fitness Center and have ordered to have someone come out and survey our equipment.

We've also shared your comments about the overall cleanliness of the guestroom to the housekeeping staff so that they may keep growing.

Thank you again for your feedback and may you have an exciting adventure on your next travels!

Best Regards,

Waco, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Originally booked this hotel due to cost. Later found out about it's historical signigicance and was awoken at 430am by a permanent resident. I didnt sleep much after that.
the water pressure in the shower was very poor.
Monique at the front desk was extremely helpful and very friendly. She gets 5* from me. She was able to help locate my IHG number to help prevent me from paying the absurd cost to park.

1 Thank radiohawk
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the water pressure situation and you can be sure that we have taken care of this issue so that it does not affect any future stays.

Once again, I thank you for your comments, it is feedback like that that helps make us a better hotel. I did see that you have noted that Monique was "extremely helpful" and I will make sure that these comments reach her, she does work hard every day to ensure a positive guest experience for everyone.

Best Regards,

Minnesota
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival to our room there was a ozone machine running. Hmm why? A basic question but couldn't find an answer - no one knew - really? Okay I will wait until the next day and ask the day staff.

The next morning comes and as I am getting ready - actually 2 minutes into my shower the water stopped - I checked the faucet and that worked along with toilet. Hmmm - remember I was in shower while it stopped and I am a fast showerer just not that fast.

I call front desk and the response was oh yeah we are shutting the water off for an hour and I was going to give courtesy calls - ah what happened to mine????? Oh yeah she said she didn't get to them.

OMG unbelievable.

The from was fine. I still haven't found out about ozone machine and the day front staff is clueless.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio N-Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear JuJuT,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio North. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I'm a Platinum Elite member with IHG and they didn't have my reservation ready even though I booked it online and the original room they provided was still dirty. This is the last time I will stay at this HI Express.

• Stayed March 2014
Felipe G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio N-Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Dolfan,

On behalf of our entire hotel I am so sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations during your last visit to San Antonio. Here at the Historic Holiday Inn Express it is our goal to ensure every guest Platinum and non member have the same great experience and I apologize that this was not your experience during your time with us. You can be sure that we will address this issue with our front desk staff so that it does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and may your next trip be enjoyable!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Two years in a row. Great location to the market square, shopping and even the Dollar general. The " tradition Has begun." Pros: good people, great neighbors, fridge & microwave in the room, and did I mention Great Location !
Cons: small outdoor pool
And hope you don't get the handy room cause it's kinda hard to take a shower but you still have the pool.
See y'all next year !!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you Vidal-Valerie! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again next year!!!
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Came with a group of ten to enjoy all things San Antonio, which we did, but the extra delight was the staff in this cozy and historic building. We were on a first-name basis immediately with Monique and Monica, and had fun conversations with all the staff, who helped guide us to a wide variety of interesting places, depending on our tourist style. Best of all for me: after I forgot several articles of clothing in the room closet, Felipe the manager undertook to box them up and make a personal trip to UPS to send them to me. The package was topped off with a jail-orange T-shirt with the hotel logo. I feel like all the staff there are pals; if you happen to notice Monique and Monica wearing glamorous jeweled tiaras, they're from our group, with thanks and a smile and a salute!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Felipe G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio N-Riverwalk Area, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you A C!

Glad to hear that your package arrived safe and sound! Glad you liked the souvenir and we definitely cannot wait to see everyone again soon!!!! Take care and have fun in all your future travels!