I don't know why they call it the San Antonio "North", because it's pretty much due West of the Alamo and the Riverwalk. After a short walk of maybe 10-12 minutes I found my favorite Irish Pub on the Riverwalk. It's not the most centrally located hotel, but it's not far from the best spots.
The hotel is an old jailhouse that has been restored. You would have no idea the building is 100 years old, because everything looks brand new. My room was on the 2nd floor and was adequate in every way. It was quiet and I had no trouble sleeping.
At least 2 people told me there is a ghost in the hotel (a prisoner in the jail who hanged himself), but I didn't see or hear anything.
The only negative was the breakfast. The food was great but there is limited seating. I got lucky and was able to sit down, but lots of people were taking the food back to their rooms.
I paid about $100/night which is a great value for downtown SA. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Antonio Hotel Near a Variety of Attractions The historic atmosphere, excellent accommodations and friendly staff make the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Antonio, Texas near the Alamo, River Walk area, and Trolley perfect for both business and leisure travelers.Our hotel in San Antonio, TX is conveniently located within walking distance from the Alamo and the world-famous San Antonio River Walk. Visitors may enjoy shopping at La Villita Historic Arts Village, Rivercenter Mall and Market Square, the largest Mexican marketplace outside Mexico. Ride the local trolley to the many attractions within a mile of our hotel, such as the Tower of the America and IMAX theater.Business travelers benefit from the great location of this historic hotel in San Antonio, TX. We are situated near Valera Energy Corporation, Coca Cola and Pepsi bottling companies, Boeing and Fort Sam Houston. Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center and the Alamodome are a mile from our San Antonio, Texas hotel, which features free high-speed Internet access and a 24-hour business center.From the complimentary hot breakfast bar to the flow-regulated Kohler showerheads, our accommodations go beyond cheap hotels in San Antonio. Relax in the pool and whirlpool, work out in the fitness center and rest comfortably every night in a triple-sheeted bed with four pillows. You'll receive excellent service and amenities while lodging in our San Antonio, Texas hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Antonio N-Riverwalk Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio North Hotel San Antonio
- Holiday Inn Express San Antonio N-Riverwalk Area Texas