Name says Alamo/Riverwalk but both of these were not anywhere near the hotel. I called and requested to be on the Riverwalk side and Front desk never said they were not near the Riverwalk. They said i would be on the city side as the Riverwalk side was all taken up. What we got was a glass that outlooked onto the fence. Several of the hotel guests at breakfast complained also of this deception. There was a shuttle available and you signed up to be taken "on the hour" only to be dropped off at 3 locations but no picks up from anywhere not even the drop off spots. They will take you but you have to get your own transportation back! We are handicapped with license plates. They only had 6 handicapped spaces. Very little parking at hotel (8 spaces). Everyone must pay $10.00/day to park across the street under an interstate (I-35). We complained that the A/C was not cooling and our room was always warm even with the temp set at 68 degrees (the lowest it could go). We had to sleep out of the covers. All we got was to have the blower turned to high but it didn't cool. With the temp everyday near 99, we were not comfortable. No heated pool as advertised. Asked them to make it warmer as the narrow pool was icy cold throughout the day but it didn't warm up nor was it clean. Had band aids and junk on the pool bottoms and the waterfalls never operated the whole week we were there. We asked the Front desk to pls have housekeeping vacuum our room as the previous occupants left crumbs on the floor in front of the refrigerator and in the cabinet holding the refrigerator which we were afraid would bring roaches but it was never cleaned or vacuumed. We were there 5 nights 6 days so they had plenty time to make corrections after being asked to twice on the things above. The desk was always courteous and the Breakfast Hostess Georgia Rios was soooo friendly and accommodating. We must have heard her say Good Morning over 100 times at breakfast and at the Tues, Wed, and Thurs 5-7 pm Manager's Reception. Great employee. Overworked, she still was thoughtful and checking to see if everyone was ok. Breakfast was always plentiful but they do not have enough tables/seating. Overflow had to go into a meeting room or outside to sit down and eat in 90+ heat. A sign says no food taken out of dining area so people were waiting in line to get food and sit and eat it. Won't go back to this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riverwalk & ALAMO 3 Blks. VOTED "BEST Value Downtown"!Even more with the Special Offer above includes Free Parking.This Mediterranean, boutique 3 STAR hotel gives the Traveler or Family seeking a unique experience the highest value downtown because every room sleeps up to a family of 6 and includes FREE breakfast buffet & FREE high-speed wireless internet throughout the hotel. Plus!FREE wine, beer, and hors d'oeuvres Tues-Thurs from 5-7pm during our complimentary Manager's Reception. NEW Tesla Charging stations and standard charging station was just installed! Comfort Suites Alamo Riverwalk is perfect for everyone, families, Monthly rates for Military, leisure, Corporate Suites, convention discounts. Riverwalk minutes away from our 89 suites with either 1 king bed or 2 queen beds, and all of the rooms come with a sleeper sofa, microwave, refrigerator. The beautiful property also boasts its' heated pool, hot tub, (brand new)fitness center, business center, & a putting green. Walking distance to everywhere downtown, 100 restaurants, a mall, art galleries, museums, festivals, parks and more! Perfect place for events like graduates from Lackland Airforce Base(Packages on our hotel site), Ft Sam Medical Courses(monthly rates), family reunions, "Sisters of the Traveling Pants" and more. SeaWorld and Fiesta Texas are only 20-25 minutes away, Ft Sam is one exit north and Trinity University and InCarnate Word University are one exit away. City transportation is great with a one day bus pass you can ride the bus to the San Antonio Zoo (SPECIAL ZOO PACKAGE ON HOTEL SITE), Witte Museum and San Antonio Museum of Art and the Pearl Brewery. Stay in San Antonio at the Comfort Suites for that "Unique experience". Owner operated by The Chaudhry's who designed and built this unique hotel for your personal enjoyment. Bienvenidos! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk Hotel San Antonio
- Comfort Suites San Antonio
- Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas