“It felt like being home with my family and friends”

Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk
Ranked #8 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 3 March 2011

The staff and owner are warm and friendly. Both the brunch and the evening wine/cheese, subs, barbeque were well done and really hit the spot. Georgia and the chef made us feel like we were being entertained at their homes, rather than at the hotel. John and Selena at the front desk went beyond the call to be helpful with meal ideas and area transportation needs. Would definitely stay here again
Nice furnishing, very clean and well kept.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed 3 March 2011

The hotel is relatively new and attention to detail is evident everywhere. From the decor and furniture in the rooms to how customer needs are attended to by staff. We were met at reception by John who made us feel welcome and checked us in right away. We later met the manager Ray. I told him that I felt like I already knew him since I had read so many things about him on trip advisor. We stayed six nights at the hotel and Ray was the GoTo guy whenever we needed anything and he certainly lived up to his good reputation. Georgia was our favourite server at the restaurant. You would think that she was a shareholder or a part owner she cared so much. We had a great stay, loved the hotel and the room but we left with John, Ray and Georgia on our mind.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank snowbird052
Reviewed 27 February 2011

A 5 minute walk to the Alamo, Riverwalk, IMAX, malls, shops, dinning. An unexpected Thursday evening complimentary bbq. Burgers, hot dogs, all the sides, beer, soda all just because. Pool, hot tub, vending machines, 24hr coffee/tea. Super clean grounds, modern upgrades all over. Beautiful fancy looking hotel. Spacious clean rooms.
This is a perfect Alamo area hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Becareful when booking your stay here if using a debit card. They put the amount of your room on a hold on your debit card, at the end of your stay they charge the rate of your stay to your debit card but do not release the hold . So they have the full amount of your stay paid for and still have the hold on your debit card for the rate of your room. The hold prohibits you from using this amount. I called a week later after my stay and explained the problem. I was transfered to a gentleman named Ray. He took my information kindly and said he would undo this hold and call me back. He promtply called me back to tell me I would have to wait another 4 to 5 days of he could fax my bank and tell them to release the hold. I called on a Friday evening and my bank is not open on weekends. So in short there was basically nothing he could do for me. I do not understand why when the full amount of my stay was charged to my debit card why the hold wasn't released then. Who knows how long they would have kept the hold on. It was only when I called that they acted. I have stayed in other hotels where the same thing occured with the hold but at the end of my stay the hold was released allowing me full access to my money . It will certainly make me think twice before booking here again or referring this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ShellyPortA
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary in this hotel. Perfect choice!! At the front desk we were greeted by their General Manager, Mr. Ray Velazquez, he made us feel at home immediately. Our room was very spacious, comfortable, clean, and cozy. The king size bed was superb. In the morning breakfast was excellent, a variety of choices and food was very fresh. The distance to the Riverwalk was short. That evening they threw a Wine Reception, we had a wonderful time with Mr. Velazquez as the host and the rest of the staff.
We will be spending our second anniversary here for sure!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Have had to travel often the past five years, and I have learned that the best places to stay are Comfort Suites. When deciding on the place to stay for our two-week family vacation, I was not disappointed; this Comfort Suites even exceeded my expectations. In addition to comfortable and clean rooms, there is the convenience of a FULL breakfast buffet, computer lab with Internet, and free shuttle service to and from anywhere in the region. They provided a full Thanksgiving dinner with extras such as wine and cheese. When they overheard somebody saying that only one thing was lacking, within 20 minutes that item was added to the meal. When our daughter ended up with a case of the flu during our last days there, they sent up chicken soup and Gatoraid. When watching them interact with other customers, they were just as attentive, giving that personal one-on-one attention and seemed to authentically care about their guests.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2011

The rooms were very nice and spacious. There was breakfast every morning and they had a bar-b-q one of the nights I was there. Great stay over all, and would definitely go back. The location was good, just a 5 minute walk from the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business