and 1 more site!
Ranked #78 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
houston, United States
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

the stay was great, the amities were excellent. The complimentary breakfast and dinner was excellent as well, the staff was very helpful and great location. The fitness center is available 24 hours, however I wish the pool was available until midnight instead of 10pm. there are smoking rooms available as well

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rafael G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
First, thank you for staying with us during your time in San Antonio. We appreicate the kind feedback in regards of how great the Suite Start Breakfast and Welcome Home Reception were. On behalf of the entire team thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Greater Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Close to many things, but breakfast quality and temp of food need more attention. The eggs were a bit cool and selections rather small, but OK for a quick meal. Costco and Wal-Mart close by as well as Target and HEB grocery stores and movie theaters, ice rink, etc.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rafael G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I sincerely apologize for the breakfast experience. I promise we will review this with our food and beverage team and act immediately. We value your loyalty with Hilton and invite you back to give us another try. Feel free to contact me at the hotel at anytime.
Kingwood, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I’m a Hilton Diamond member. I stay 90 nights a year in Hiltons and this one has become one of my favorites. The staff is friendly but not intrusive. The welcome home reception is by far the best of all of the Homewood’s that I stay in. The salad (w/ fresh chopped bacon, olives, shrimp, fresh mushroom, peppers……), food. and drinks are exceptional considering that they are complimentary with your stay Monday - Thursday. Also the complimentary breakfast (I think served daily) is more than adequate. The location of this hotel allows for quick access to all major business/tourist areas of San Antonio. There are also many nice restaurants in the area and the area is one of the nicer/safer areas in San Antonio.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We understand your time is valuable so thank you for providing feedback in regards of your past stay. The team loved hearing that you enjoyed the welcome home reception. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Since I look for Homewood properties while traveling with the family, I only picked this one since it had the best reviews of the 3 or 4 HSs in San Antonio.

On arriving late in the evening, I patiently stood at the check-in counter like a chump while the manager finished a call - not the way you want to be greeted after a long day of driving; after that, no words of courtesy apologizing for the wait, or thanking for my Hilton loyalty. Is it just me or is there an increasing lack of professionalism in the lodging industry there days?

I explained that I had used my HHonors points for 2 nights and paid for the 3rd. After I checked into my room, we realized the sheets were soiled and not changed. I called for Housekeeping who were prompt enough, but maybe they should be doing this before guests check in!

I then realized my reservation only showed 2 nights - on heading back to the check-in counter and explaining the discrepancy, the manager, very patronizingly, explained that I need to come back after 2 days for a new key; useful info I could have had when I checked in. I almost decided to find another property, except I was too tired to do anything except sleep.

On the plus side, the two ladies who were manning the counter when I came back for a new key were very polite and accommodating; perhaps the manager could learn people skills from them?

So, despite being a Hilton loyalist and a frequent San Antonio visitor, I will not be returning to this property.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are not proud of this review and I ensure you this will be handled immediately. This level of service is unacceptable and I promise you this will be resolved with HIGH importance. If there is anything the hotel can do for you to make up for the situation please feel free to contact me personally.
Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to take corrective action, utilize suggestions and share opportunities for growth with our staff. All of this can help ensure a more favorable stay in the future. We value your loyalty with Hilton and invite you back to give us another try. Feel free to contact me at the hotel at anytime
Laredo, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Good hotel with plenty of amenities, spacious suites with kitchen and living room aside from the bedroom with 2 TV's for everyone entertainment choice. Enjoyable breakfast and evening reception with enough choices to everyone palate, as well as healthy choices.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rafael G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
First, thank you for taking the time to complete a survey in regards of your recent stay in Homewood Suites North. The team loved hearing that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.
Woodbridge, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel and staff were great. The breakfast is plentiful but crowded. The evening reception food is recommended only as a last resort but it is free so can't complain too much. We did have two fire alarms that were quickly handled. The location is great and central to both sides of San Antonio.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We understand your time is valuable so thank you for providing feedback in regards of your past stay. The team loved hearing that you enjoyed breakfast. We value your loyalty with Homewood and hope to see you back soon. I apologize for the inconvenience for the fire alarms. We would love to have you back if you're in the San Antono area again
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Bottom Line: The Hotel motto “Enter as Strangers, Leave as Friends” is very true. We recently PCSed from Italy and my family and I stayed at this Hotel before moving to our permanent home. The rooms were clean, staff was very friendly and courteous. The location worked out best for us as it put us closer to the awesome school, great surroundings, and app 20 min from my work area. We were able to check out several areas while we were in town and this area was the best by far. I did a lot of research ahead of time and really wanted to stay in the Riverwalk area but I am glad I didn't. Not only are the prices there really high but they all charge for parking and internet. This hotel is ideal because it is near enough to all the attractions, the best schools, and it is close to numerous attractions and lots of restaurants and shops. As for the hotel staff, Mr. Rafael Gonzalez, Mr. Dave Romo, Ms. Sonja Soto and Mr. TJ Age were among the best people I had pleasure dealing with on a daily basis. The customer service they provided, on a daily basis were beyond our expectation. Not only them but the entire staff were very friendly. My family and I loved every single minutes we spent in this hotel. We also enjoyed the meals provide, and Mr. Victor cookies… yum…yum…yum. Overall, the best hotel experience and we appreciate all they did for us. I would definitely stay there again and recommend to others in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rafael G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
We appreciate the kind words in mentioning how friendly and helpful the team was for your family. Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to share opportunities for praise and growth with our staff. We value your loyalty and hope to see you back soon.