Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North
Ranked #64 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here last week for a family vacation with 2 teenage sons. The room was very accomadating with 2 queen beds in the bedroom and the pull out couch. There is plenty enough room if you needed to place a single air matress in the bedroom for another child. Enjoyed the kitchenette and made good use of the full size refrigerator. Room was very clean and overall hotel property was as well. We did not use the pool but it did look nice. The only complaint I had was there were so many people we could not get to the breakfast area. We tried one morning and had to go back to our room to eat because there were no tables and the food was very scarce. However, we did catch the managers dinner one night and enjoyed that! Overall, nioce hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rafael G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Homewood Suites North. The staff and I are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary full hot breakfast also. It was our pleasure having you as guest and hope to see you return soon. We do look forward to being your home away from home during your next visit to San Antonio.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The family and I recently stayed at this location and the staff was not friendly at all. We arrive a little past midnight, after some flight delays. The man that greeted us was bothered and asked what can I do for you but not in a professional manner? The rest of the visit the staff was not approachable or very friendly. Our bathroom had what appeared to be black mold on the bathroom ceiling that was had been painted over as a quick fix in lieu of a real fix. The trash was picked up twice during our stay both very early in the AM, one of the occasions happened at 5:00 am.Breakfast was crazy and the staff was very unprepared. If they knew they were full, they should have had more people helping in the kitchen The internet was slow and very spotty/buggy. I a huge fan of Homewood suites fan and a long time Hilton Honors member but this experience by far was the worst. I may have to revisit my loyalty membership and find a different chain.

Room Tip: the front of the hotel faces the highway but it's a good distance away from the highway. Stay aw...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Henry C
Rafael G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are not proud of this review and I ensure you this will be handled immediately. This level of service and cleanliness is unacceptable and I promise you this will be resolved with HIGH importance. If there is anything the hotel can do for you to make up for the situation please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Homewood Suites are our favorite hotels when traveling with pets. We also really appreciate that we are accommodated as smokers. This particular hotel employs an excellent staff, has very good food and beverages, and the pool is sparkling clean. Any maintenance issues are addressed immediately. However, we felt the maid service could improve. Our room was small and should have been spotless, but it wasn't. Too bad. Otherwise we would rate it excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon G
Rafael G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

We understand your time is valuable so thank you for providing feedback in regards of your past stay. The team loved hearing that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner. This level of service of cleanliness is unacceptable and I promise you this will be resolved with HIGH importance, We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We enjoyed the location of this hotel. It is convenient for river walk and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast provided was a little crowded and food was OK but not great. It was very quiet in our room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Rafael G, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We try our best to make your stay fell like home with our many amenities. I appreciate your comments as they help us improve on the level of service our guests have come to know and expect with Homewood Suites. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to be your home away from home during your next visit to San Antonio.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Outstanding by the whole team from top to bottom! I was there for 6 months and never had one problem and everyone was always asking is there was anything I needed and was ready to assist with my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay in Homewood Suites San Antonio North. I am very pleased to hear that you that you had an outstanding experience. Every staff member truly thinks of you as family. With everyone of our guest, of course our highest priority is their overall experience, but you just made it so easy for us. Repeat business is the toughest to earn and we appreciate it very much. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I love staying at Homewood whenever I travel. When I have some days off from work I look forward to getting away from home. Homewood has the services I need to make me comfortable. My boys love to go swimming. Your pool was extremely clean and I have beautiful pictures of the clear blue water. I also celebrated my birthday the day I stayed and having a large refidgerator has convienent for the drinks and my birthday cake. Thanks for a wonderful stay and I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Rafael G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards of your recent stay in Homewood Suites San Antonio North. It was our pleasure having you as a guest. I am pleased that we were able to be a part of your birthday celebration and hope to be a part of many more to come. We will do our best to continue to earn your business. Oh yes, and Happy Belated Birthday.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at a lot of Homewood Suites over the years and this was one of the nicer ones. Breakfast had a nice selection and the evening reception with beer and wine is always welcome. Room was comfortable and updated. Will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank serwin99
Rafael G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel San Antonio North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you very much for posting this review of your stay at "one of the nicer Homewood Suites" . We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It truly means a lot to us to have you as a favored guest and also as a returning guest. Thank you very much for your business and we hope to see again soon.