“Great Girls Weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo
Ranked #59 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Eagle WI
“Great Girls Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband sent my friend and I down to San Antonio for a weekend get-a-way. The hotel was very clean and welcoming. Staff was extremely friendly. We arrived early and they had a room ready for us on the top floor over looking the Alamo. The rooms were amazing and the bed was one of the best that I slept in. We ate at the on-site Bistro for our two breakfasts. Service was great and food was good. The only issue we had was that the heater in the room made a very loud noise. We turned the heater off during the night and told management the next morning. They didn't seem to believe us as to how bad it was. We did video record the noise, so hopefully it will be fixed before the next guest arrives. Hotel was very close to River Walk area so we weren't bothered that it wasn't right on the river.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Freeport, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Boutique hotel across from the Alamo... literally. Old building that has nice rooms, adapted from spaces that are not always spacious. But old-San Antonio atmosphere, and rooms that have all of of the important features. Parking is a little sketchy... $15 to park ONE TIME/DAY; $25 for valet which feels unnecessarily exploitative... and they charged me for two cars/day until I questioned the bill. Otherwise, I was happy but not thrilled with my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I booked our room through Hotwire, so the treatment we received may have been a result of that. But I'm not exaggerating when I say this was one of the most appalling hotel stays I've ever had.

First, the pros: The location is excellent, no doubt about that. The historic building is beautiful and they've fixed up the rooms in a cool, modern way. And the beds are super comfy.

Now, the cons:

* It's a pet-friendly hotel, and when we checked in there was white pet hair all over the bed and floor. My black suitcase and cardigan picked them up right away. My eyes started itching and I figured it must be cat, since I'm allergic. I asked the front desk staff to put fresh sheets on the bed and pay extra attention to the floors.

* The floors. They look like real hardwood, which is so much nicer than carpeting. But. Every time I walked around my room barefoot, the bottoms of my feet would be black inside of an hour. No joke.

* Those fresh sheets? They were laundered in some god-awful chemicals that gave me hives. Literally, hives. I took a Benadryl and four hours later, the hives had faded completely. This has never happened to me in my entire life. In fact, at first I thought it was something I'd eaten the previous day, but guess what? Happened all three nights.

* The first day that the cleaning staff "serviced" the room, Wanda left my dirty glass right where I'd left it. I thought it was odd but whatever. The second night, she left my dirty glass and my friend's dirty mug. I took them downstairs and said, "Hey, this is kind of gross." They agreed. But did they put fresh glasses in our room? Nope.

* One night we walked back to the hotel and asked the front desk to get the valet to bring our car. We headed upstairs to freshen up before our dinner reservation. When we came back down, the front desk person hadn't even told the valet we wanted the car. We ended up late for our reservation. Did I mention you pay $25/night for this service?

* Since we were checking out early on Sunday, we opted not to do valet parking, parking instead at the $10 lot next to the hotel. But we were charged for a third night anyway. They refunded me the $25 but it was annoying to have to do that to begin with, especially since we'd told the staff the night before that we didn't want the third night of valet.

* The smell. Oh, god, the smell. The attached bistro hasn't cleaned their grease traps in god knows how long. We were on the 8th floor and I could smell the old grease 24/7. Sometimes I could smell bacon and eggs, and that was nice. But it was mostly old grease.

I'd read the reviews on Hotwire before I booked that spoke of dirty floors, incompetent cleaning staff, and rude staffers (I didn't go there because I only had one rude front desk person and I didn't get her name). I thought those people were just picky clean freaks. They probably aren't. *I* am not a picky clean freak by any stretch of the word. But there is a certain standard of cleanliness and service you expect from a so-called 3-star hotel, and this isn't it. Trust me on that.

You can put all of the cute couches you want in the lobby, but if you don't have a good staff in place, it's just lipstick on the proverbial pig.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank zeisgeist
IndigoAlamo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Zeisgeist,
Thank you for your time submitting a review for our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our location and hope you had a chance to discover all the great history and fun places around our hotel. I'm sorry you got the impression we would treat you any different due to the how you booked your room. As a pet friendly hotel we have stricter cleaning procedures and I apologize that apparently this was not the case in your room. As a full service hotel clean sheets and thorough room cleaning happens every day in every room. The chemicals used to launder our linens are hypoallergenic top of the line and from the recognized brand Ecolab. I am sorry for any difficulties you encountered with housekeeping and staff and assure you this is not the kind of service we are accustomed to providing. I will take the necessary steps to investigate and ensure we get to the bottom of the issues you describe. Again, thank you for bringing these to our attention and we hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve your needs in the future.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Do not leave your car with the valet! They will steal it and take it for a joy ride. This happened to me in January 2014.

When we got the car back from the valet, wires sticking out from below the shift lever. The wires were not there the day before. I then moved the shift level and it was loose, would rotate round, and could be completely pulled off.

They said they would investigate. I have heard nothing from them. The manager’s attitude was that he believed he would find no fault on the part of the valet service.

I have since consulted a BMW dealer’s service mechanic. They say that shifting with too much force into 2nd or 4th gear, could pull the shifter handle off. They must have raced the car.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MeHere6
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear MeHere6,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Newport, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is the second time we stayed at this location, and it was just as good as the first time! We love the charm of this old former office building, and it's location to everything. It is within walking distance of the Alamo, all the shops surrounding it, and the beautiful Riverwalk. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean, bright and had a wonderful view of the Alamo! The only bad thing I have to say is they have a restaurant attached to it, and when we walked into the lobby, we smelled the food, no matter what time, day or night. One night in particular, the smell was very strong in the hotel lobby. It wasn't bad enough to make me not come back. Wonderful place!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lori G,
Glad to hear you repeatedly stay with us while in San Antonio! The different events throughout the year and new restaurants right outside our front doors make our hotel a favorite spot amongst many as new adventures await each and every day. Make sure and check with our Front Desk staff as we will point out the newest attractions and also some local old favorites that I'm sure you'll enjoy. We are adding vents in our kitchen to take care of the enticing aroma coming out of our busy kitchen more and more often as our varied menu is getting extremely popular. Looking forward to your next stay!
New London, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had room 611 for 7 days. Really nice room in a historical building. I had a king bed in the room that had a down comforter and pillows. There was also a couch in the room that I believe could have been made into a queen bed. Walk in shower (no tub).

Right across the street form the Alamo and the Alamo District.

Pretty close to the Riverwalk as well.

If you like history and staying in a building that has historical value than you will like this hotel.

If you are they type of traveler that requires all the amenities and service of a 5 star modern hotel than this is not the place for you.

No fridge, no microwave... of the 7 days we were there we got our room cleaned/serviced 5 days..

Nice place to stay.... yes.... world class full service resort..... NO

Room Tip: Room 611 is a King bed suite with Alamo view.