“Great location with very friendly staff and nice rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo

Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo
Ranked #62 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Tbilisi, Georgia
“Great location with very friendly staff and nice rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

I tend to read the negative reviews first before staying in a place. My work was paying, so I wasn't as rigorous in my investigation beforehand (plus I had to stay within the state department rate). I was really pleasantly surprised: the room was plenty spacious with a little work area and a lounging chair and a nice size bed. The bathroom etcetera was nice, too. The best part was the service in both the hotel and the restaurant, which was outstanding. The location is really perfect for the convention center and is right across from the Alamo.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank CamrinC
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We strive to make the guests stay pleasant and memorable. We hope to see you again on future trips to San Antonio.

Holly Evans - GM
Hotel Indigo, at the Alamo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

I enjoyed stay in Indigo Hotel. Our room at 7th floor was spacious and comfortable. Hotel has great location for Riverwalk and Alamo. Parking fee is very high, but there is public parking (Alamo Parking) next to the hotel ($8 for 24h) and you can park on the street (cheap meters are located nearby on the Alamo Street).

2 Thank ke1con
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

My husband and I traveled to San Antonio to celebrate our anniversary, and explore a city we have never been to before. We stayed in room 204 which was quite clean with a large flat screen TV. Our stay at The Indigo was very nice for several reasons. First, was the location of this historic building, it is just across the street from the famous Alamo, but it is also only a short two blocks down to the River Walk. Second good reason to stay at this property is the staff, everyone was overly helpful and attentive, especially Alex at the front desk and Michael the bartender. The last positive would have to be the king size bed which offered us a good nights sleep every night we stayed in this hotel. Now it is not a 5 star and we did not expect it to be, every room only has a shower no bath tub and the water pressure was just OK. We only ate one meal (breakfast) on premises, it was only fair, so for the next two mornings we ate at The Menger Hotel just down the street,and all other meals were on the River Walk, which is what we had planned anyway. We would stay here again.

2 Thank Hummingbird112
alamoindigo, General Manager at Hotel Indigo San Antonio At The Alamo, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
Thank you so much for the kind words on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Hotel Indigo. We appreciate you choosing Hotel Indigo and we strive to make every guest experience a memorable one. We are so proud of our location and proximity to all the great things to do and see in downtown San Antonio. Please think of us again on future trips to San Antonio. We hope to see you again soon.
Liberty Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

The service prior to our staying at Hotel Indigo and while we were there was awesome...but, I left a hat in the room and my husband called when I realized I had left it. The manager assured him that they would send it out after confirming they would charge us for shipping. It has been one week and no hat, two telephone calls with promises of a manger to call us back and we have not received a call back. I am a travel agent and would love to refer clients to this hotel because of all of the amenities but with this type of after travel treatment I am very hesitant. If I were to treat a client this way I know I would not have repeat business....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying at Hotel Indigo, at the Alamo on your last trip to San Antonio. My name is Holly Evans, General Manager. I was unaware of any issues with a missing hat that was left behind. I would love to speak with you personally about this so I can either help locate your hat or help replace the hat if it has not been located by you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we can resolve the issue and return or replace any missing items. Thank you so much for posting a comment on Trip Advisor. Your comments are appreciated.
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

Got a great rate on this newer hotel with breakfast. The hotel is very clean. Breakfast was tasty. Staff are quite helpful. The location is a few blocks from the riverwalk and right across from the Alamo.
So good location all around.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

Stayed at the Indigo Hotel in San Antonio for a night in early October as part of a cross-country road trip. Booked through Hotwire, so the price was great.

The hotel is housed in a historic old office building built in 1909, and faithfully restored to many of the original details: orginial hallway water fountains, orignial elevator facade, etc. The hotel was certainly striving to be urban-chic, and the concept of renovating an old office building (while maintaining many of the original historical details) is a very interesting and lofty idea.

Check in was smooth. We elected to use Valet Parking ($25 which some might consider steep, but we felt was worth the peace of mind versus parking in an open lot in a downtown area all night). We got up to our room which was decorated nicely and we really appreciated the historical details again, but we quickly noticed a few spots where the execution fell short.

The tile and even the sink in the bathroom were both cracked, which was surprising considering the hotel has just recently opened. As mentioned in other reviews, the AC is absolutely quite loud. It could be a problem if you are a light sleeper!

We saw a couple of small beetles crawling on the floor and as we investigated behind the bed, we found literally dozens of dead cricket bodies strewn across the floor. While we certainly understand that its Texas and crickets are an issue that many times can't be avoided, the fact there were so many dead ones behind the bed led me to wonder about the overall cleanliness of the room and how thorough of a job housekeeping does. It wasn't like it was hard to see all these dead crickets - we didn't even have to move the bed or anything. This was certainly the biggest negative of the room.

However - it is essential that I point out how wonderfully and quickly the front desk staff handled our complaint. We were given a different room and the housekeeping went up to ensure there were no dead bugs in our new room. The manager also gave us coupons for free breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The staff was nothing but friendly and accomodating and so I feel they handled the situation very well.

We had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant there as well as drinks. The bartender was outstanding and gave us all kinds of information about the Alamo and the building itself, as well as made some outstanding drinks!

In short - the hotel has a very lofty concept and aspires mightily to reach a plateau of urban sophistication. With just a little more attention to the finest details - I think this will be a great place to stay.

1 Thank BigFish78
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at Hotel Indigo. Your comments are greatly appreciated. I have passed along the comments to all appropriate departments for further review. We always want to correct any issues a guest may have in our hotel. The only way we know to improve on our amenities and service is to hear from our guests. So, thank you for the constructive feedback as well as the kinds words on the staff. We truly do want every guest to have a memorable experience and we strive hard to ensure all guests know how much their patronage is appreciated. We hope to have you stay with us again on future trips to San Antonio.

Holly Evans, GM
Williamsville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. It was originally built in 1909 as the first skyscraper in San Antonio. It has been very nicely renovated with modern furnishings, refinished wood floors, yet still maintains the original tile lobby. My room had a large windows with a view of the Alamo.

The hotel is within an easy walking distance of the Riverwalk, Convention Center, and many restaurants

The staff was very nice. I had an excellent stay, except for one thing--- they forgot to give me my wake-up call on the last morning.

I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business